July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Secret Wonderland Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Chikomon

My first BBW product, my cousin brought this as souvenir when she visited Jakarta, Indonesia. I love Secret Wonderland shower gel dearly.. too bad, i don't quite like the smell of the body lotion, fragrance mist, and eau de toilette.. I heard a rumour that they plan to discontinue this scent.. I hope it's not true, maybe I should hoard.. this shower gel to me like a portal to a whimsical secret wonderland..!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks Secret Wonderland is a "whimsical blend of luscious strawberries, frosted jasmine, and white amber.". I believe this scent started out as a winter scent, but is not available year round. Secret Wonderland is available in 11 different products ranging from the typical body lotion, shower gel, and spray to fancier products like body butter and eau de toilettes. Bath&BodyWorks is overly confident when it comes to their shower gel formula (this is the old formula, I haven't tried the new one yet). The brand boasts that it's shower gel formula is the world's best daily luxury. The formula contains beneficial ingredients like aloe and vitamin e. I bought my travel size 3fl oz bottle during the Semi Annual Sale for $1.25, a sweet deal. The travel sized shower gels are usually priced at $5, but are also available on 3/$10 Deals. The full size sells for $11. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand that makes their products in the USA.
Travel sized shower gels come in a clear, curvy, recyclable plastic bottle. Secret Wonderland's bottle is topped off with a purple pop up plastic cap. The label has kinda obscure imagery.A purple tree trunk is surrounded by blue, white, and purple shrubs and vines, all set against a fuchsia background. It appears to be precipitating glitter in Secret Wonderland. That must be a pain to wipe off your windshield. It's pretty though. The back label includes a little bit of company info and a full ingredient list.
This shower gel is supposedly "super charged with benefits to provide the ultimate shower experience. Designed to pamper you with luxurious lather, moisturizing aloe, and nourishing vitamin e that gently cleanses, softens, and fragrances skin". First off, I'm not sure if fragrances is actually a verb. While I don't find B&BW shower gels moisturizing or softening, I do agree that the lather is luxurious. These shower gels lather superbly, even when only the ittiest bit is used. Bath&BodyWorks shower gels aren't amazing, but they're better than the average, run of the mill body wash.
Secret Wonderland's scent seems more simple than many Bath&BodyWorks fragrances. The notes seem to fit together and are more cohesive than usual, in my opinion. Here's the full list of scent notes:

Top Notes: Luscious Strawberries, Wild Goji Berries, Ripe Raspberries
Mid Notes: Gardenia Petals, Jasmine, Peach Nectar
Dry Notes: Coconut Musk, Creamy Vanilla, Sandalwood, White Amber

Secret Wonderland is meant to be a berry based scent and it is. The sweet, semi artificial strawberry scent melds together with a strong peachy note to form the bulk of the scent. Secret Wonderland also contaisn hint of gardenia, jasmine, sandalwood, and coconut. It comes together to form a different kind of fruity floral, a deeper, richer one with more character. It's definitely a fall-winter type of scent, better suited for late October or early February as opposed to the middle of August. It's a feminine scent, without being girly, if you know what I mean. It's fairly strong but sits close to the skin. You could probably get away with layering the shower gel and body lotion for a long lasting scent.
Secret Wonderland is pretty nice, I'm sorry I hadn't tried it sooner. I like it so much I'm considering picking up a mini fine fragrance mist. The scent is feminine, berry-ful and peachy without being too syrupy sweet; it's definitely well balanced. As always, the shower gel has a good formula. The label's artwork is a little different but still appealing. The artwork is actually why I hadn't bought the scent earlier, it doesn't really say much to me, but what really matters is how it smells. I recommend Secret Wonderland if you like berry or peach scents with some depth. I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. It feels great, smells great and leaves your skin nicely scented and silky smooth. Ironically, I am not too crazy about the lotion and body spray, they're just okay to me, but the shower gel is in a class by itself. It leaves such a wonderful aroma throughout your bathroom. The feeling I get after using this makes me smile.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by JennyHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I just got it, and I love it. So amazing, I will buy it again! I love it BBW!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by juliarose815

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best product Bath and Body Works has ever created. When I ever wash myself with this I sniff the bottle and I feel like its a snowy winter night. I want to get in my warmest pajamas and make some hot chocolate while wrapping myself with a blanket and sit in my living room and watch tv but then I realize its summer or spring or fall or its not even snowing. This is the best shower gel and I really prefer this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first shower gel from Bath & Body Works, and it was good. I had the travel size, and when I smelled it in the store, I just had to get it. I already used it up a long time ago, but it smelled berry-ish, fruity, and clean at the same time. The only thing that I don't like about BB&W's shower gels is that the scent doesn't linger on the skin, which is a real bummer. And I think I may have got a defective bottle, because the tighter I screw on the cap of the bottle, the more it's difficult to snap open the top, weird... But anyways, I still liked this shower gel.