April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti 1 1/4 Inch Hot Air Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although I'm on the fence about this product, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy it again - I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep the one I just bought. FYI, I have fine hair in a chin length bob with long layers in front and short in back and a tricky wave that goes around my hair. The short ends in back are all 'cowlicked' unless I work at smoothing them.

I bought this at the same time I bought Conair Volume Series 1 1/2 Inch hot air curling iron and brush. I got them both at Walmart and paid under $30 for each of them. I figured one would emerge as the better one for me, but that didn't exactly happen. This tool has some features that the other one doesn't, however the other one has more of an edge with me, though I'm not exactly sure why yet - could just be that it's white and pink, and this tool is black. Whatever, the other one is the one I want to reach for.

This one has two speed settings and interchangeable barrel brushes. It is a tourmaline ceramic dryer and the brushes are boar and plastic.

What I like: I can use the concentrator and start styling my shorter hair sections with my own 3/4 inch round brush, getting the hair dry enough to start styling with the brush attachment. This means no need for an extra blow dryer. I also like that the tool does give you a nice smooth look using the brush.

What I don't like: The two size barrels seem like a bonus however the larger brush was the only one that I liked using. The smaller brush which would be perfect for my shorter ends is too soft and won't 'bite' through even my fine hair. I hated it. The bigger brush was only just so much better - still too soft to really grab my hair for my preference. Also during use you hand sits right over the switch and as you turn your wrist you can turn it off by accident. It's also a bit heavier than the Volume Series one.

There are two speeds and I found the high speed to be a little too blowy and hot - good for when the hair is damper, but the lower speed was better for finessing my style.

So even though it has more bells and whistles, I think I prefer the Conair Volume Series Hot Air Curling Iron and Brush and I'll be returning this one.