September 1, 2014 | 2095 users online

Treatments - Essie - grow stronger

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by racheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very skeptical about products like this but after 1.5 weeks my nails are growing so fast & they're so much harder. I love this stuff, will buy & buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by RoniRamone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I noticed my nails were flakey and brittle and it was making my nail polish look bad, so I decided to try and find a decent base coat. After using a Revlon one for a few years, this product is absolutely amazing! It provides a smooth base for nail polish and I would say that it makes the colour last longer. My nails look great both with polish and without. I would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Makes my nails a bit stronger when I use it, but what it really does is make them grow longer FASTER. I don't know how but it literally makes my nails grow 2-3x faster compared to when not using anything (or just regular polish with a top coat). It's pretty amazing. Worth the price. Dries really fast/easy to use. I would like it even more if it actually made them stronger instead of longer though lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by KaySwiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I first started using it because my nails were peeling and they didn't feel strong. I noticed a difference within a week or two and my nails were totally different in a month. It makes them look awesome, they grow fast so you can shape them the way you want (which was my goal) I just love it! And it's half the price of OPI's Nail Envy which I would never buy and I heard its not as good anyway. I'm just an Essie girl! Love it. I recommend it to everyone. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a good base coat with a sheer pinkish tint to it, but it isn't long lasting and it doesn't help the strength of my nails. Wouldn't recommend, too pricey for a simple base coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kas22782

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't really help my nails. It was a regular base coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by chelseax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't help my nails grow at all, strengthens them a minuscule amount and takes a while to dry and stays tacky for quite a time. Does leave a nice subtle pink on the nails though but hardly noticeable. Wouldn't purchase again as its not worth the money, (I paid 8.99) but everyone's nails are different so it may work for you. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this! It has restored my nails so much! My nails are now decent without nail polish, after having used acetone to remove my nail polish (which I still do, because it's so effective). But using this as a base coat everytime I repaint my nails has been so beneficial for me, and now my nails are nice, long, and healthy looking, despite my constant nail painting and removing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by priscillatse124

I swear by this base coat. I use to have nails that break or split easily and I can never grow my nails out. Ever since I've been using this product, my nails are SO much stronger and healthier. I even have friends that think my nails are fake now! The only reason I have this product an overall rating of 4 is because I'm halfway through the bottle and it is starting to get goopy. I would have to shake it up real good before applying it to my nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Hthrxo

This is a terrible product! It does NOT grow nails stronger. In fact, it does the complete opposite: it makes them super brittle! This product, I believe is around $8.99... there are definitely better products out there, like Formula 2 by Nailtiques for around the same price. This is just really a disappointing product. I expected more from Essie.