December 19, 2014 | 1587 users online

Treatments - Essie - grow stronger

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by madisonbaaby1234

I post this at TJ MAXX hoping that I would get a good deal on this product since Essie is a pretty pricey brand for nail polish. I had also heard many great things about it on YouTube. I LOVE this product!! It's very fast drying and can double as a base coat for your other polishes. Not only can this be used as a soft pale pink nail color as well but it actually makes my nails grow so FAST and STRONG. I'm very pleased with this product and am pretty confident this will work for the majority of you. The price isn't awful but check at your local TJ MAXX for a steal! I just got back from there tonight and they still had 3-4 left. I'm not promising that they will be there but it's worth a try. :) Overall I'm giving this product 4 stars because all though it can double as a base coat it will decrease the wear of your polish ALOT.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Simpliciti3

I bought this on a whim, seeing it at my local Marshalls. I had an issue with brittle nails that chip easily and couldn't see to find anything that really solved my problem.

I've had this product for a few months now and may I just say that I really love it! It's the only nail strenghter that I found that really works for me. I've tried other ones and my main issue with those ones is that you have to consistently apply them on to see a difference. I'm terrible with being consistent, but even without consistently applying on this base coat I noticed a difference in the nails pretty quickly.

This base coat has a slight pink tint to it. If you wear it alone with 2 coats or more, it gives your nails a light milky pink look. It looks quite nice if you like that natural look but nicer.

I currently have long nails and I haven't been able to have long nails in maybe 6 years! My nails still do break here and there, but not enough that I have to keep my nails short. I also don't have an issue with my nails being brittle and chipping off in layers anymore :).

As far as how this works as a base coat, I think its okay. I don't notice that my nail polish lasts any longer or anything, but I personally bought this specifically to use as a strenghter.

As far as price goes, I was lucky and found it at my local Marshalls so I got a good price on it. I've also seen it at TJ Maxx. I think it is worth it to pay full price though if you can't find it on a good deal.

Overall, definitely recommend if you have an issue with brittle nails that break easily, and if you aren't someone that can keep up with a routine of applying on your nail strengther. I noticed a huge difference in my nails and I hope you do too! I find this at my local Marshalls and I've also seen it at TJ Maxx, but if don't have luck that those places I've also seen it at Normstorm Rack.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by racheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very skeptical about products like this but after 1.5 weeks my nails are growing so fast & they're so much harder. I love this stuff, will buy & buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by RoniRamone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I noticed my nails were flakey and brittle and it was making my nail polish look bad, so I decided to try and find a decent base coat. After using a Revlon one for a few years, this product is absolutely amazing! It provides a smooth base for nail polish and I would say that it makes the colour last longer. My nails look great both with polish and without. I would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Makes my nails a bit stronger when I use it, but what it really does is make them grow longer FASTER. I don't know how but it literally makes my nails grow 2-3x faster compared to when not using anything (or just regular polish with a top coat). It's pretty amazing. Worth the price. Dries really fast/easy to use. I would like it even more if it actually made them stronger instead of longer though lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by KaySwiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I first started using it because my nails were peeling and they didn't feel strong. I noticed a difference within a week or two and my nails were totally different in a month. It makes them look awesome, they grow fast so you can shape them the way you want (which was my goal) I just love it! And it's half the price of OPI's Nail Envy which I would never buy and I heard its not as good anyway. I'm just an Essie girl! Love it. I recommend it to everyone. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a good base coat with a sheer pinkish tint to it, but it isn't long lasting and it doesn't help the strength of my nails. Wouldn't recommend, too pricey for a simple base coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kas22782

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't really help my nails. It was a regular base coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by chelseax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't help my nails grow at all, strengthens them a minuscule amount and takes a while to dry and stays tacky for quite a time. Does leave a nice subtle pink on the nails though but hardly noticeable. Wouldn't purchase again as its not worth the money, (I paid 8.99) but everyone's nails are different so it may work for you. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this! It has restored my nails so much! My nails are now decent without nail polish, after having used acetone to remove my nail polish (which I still do, because it's so effective). But using this as a base coat everytime I repaint my nails has been so beneficial for me, and now my nails are nice, long, and healthy looking, despite my constant nail painting and removing.