Sephora Smoothing & Brightening

4.1

on 4/11/2015 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this product as an under eye brightener in the shade 03 Radiant Rose, when everybody went crazy about YSL Touche Eclat I was so happy to have stumbled upon this product for a fraction of the price. The concealer is a nice lightweight coverage which is a big plus because I cannot stand 'heavy' makeup in general, it also stays on all day, especially when I powder it with my Physicians Formula Mineral Face Powder. I would give this 5/5 but I have really dark circles and because it's so nice and lightweight you can still see a tiny hint of 'shade' in the area of that pesky crease from your eye socket, but it does make me look 10x healthier than without... And like I said, I don't like heavy makeup so I doubt any other lightweight concealer could do a better job! I was overall so happy with this product that I stocked up on a couple of tubes when I moved back to my home country which does not have a Sephora.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Close but no cigar! This is decent, I would say that I do like it but not something I would repurchase. This is one of those concealer/highlighter pens that is suppose to conceal and brighten up the eye area. It does have hit and misses.

I'll start off with the biggest miss with this concealer. The packaging! Nothing grinds my gears more that these pen type concealers that don't work correctly. It is poorly made and defective. I have to prime a lot for product to come out. Even when it isn't new and I did one eye and when I try to do the next, there are times when it won't freely come out with one or two twists, I need to prime a lot for it to come out again. When it finally comes out, it comes out in large globs.

The second miss is the effect of it. It looks unnatural in sunlight. It gives a strong highlighting effect due to the heavy pearlescent formulation that causes a reverse raccoon look.

The biggest hit is the shade selection. Shades are warm and cool and light and dark. Something for everyone. The shades are: 02 Radiant Vanilla, 03 Radiant Rose, 05 Radiant Peach, 06 Radiant Camel, 07 Radiant Beige and 08 Radiant Sand. 06 Radiant Camel is perfect for under my eyes for me and I'm currently NC37-40.

I also love that this has light buildable coverage. It can be used as a primary concealer. It can be built to medium coverage.

on 10/22/2014 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I have it in the lightest shade (though mine is just called "light" which is not listed online, so maybe they changed names?) and it's a soft pink color that I use under my eyes. I think it's effective in concealing and brightening and illuminating; it does not crease badly when I set it with powder and I would recommend it.

However, I keep coming back to the price. It contains .11 oz and costs $154.54 per ounce. That certainly makes it a good deal compared to YSL Touche Eclat ($410.00) and MAC Prep + Prime ($216.67) highlighters. However, I think I'm going to go back to the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in the shade Brightening. It's a very similar shade with similar concealing coverage as Sephora and MAC's Radiant Rose, plus it costs just $34 per ounce.

on 6/14/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This under eye pen is the bomb! It conceals dark circles, tones down puffiness, and brightens the eye area all in one. Plus, it supposedly is good for the tender skin around your eyes, too. I got it on sale for about $5 maybe 3 months ago, and have been using it everyday for the past month and still have some in the tube. I'm not sure what the full price for this concealer is, but if it's $20 or under I'll probably repurchase. (Also, this has no glitter what so ever.)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had a mini makeover yesterday & got matched to foundation, & powder, so concealer was just an afterthought something I'd mentioned, I didn't realize how much I had been missing out using cheapo concealers until I got this! The tube was hard to get started at 1st coz you hafta twist & twist some more. This concealer is awesome, it brightens my whole eye area & makes me look so put together. I will totally rebuy, I don't care if it's only gonna last me 2-3 mos., but the quality of Sephora products is out of this world for the money, compared to prices of their peers & they really do perform well!! Unlike Ulta brand which is what I was expecting more, but I am sold on sephora brand cosmetics. They are great out of everything from them I've tried has been stellar. This concealer makes me look awake & brightens my whole look. I have Medium, it's great for under my eyes & my Cupid's bow. Love this!!!

on 12/28/2013 5:49:00 PM

On the fence.
Pros
blend able
good color
good consistency
Almost lasts a full work day (set with laura mercier under eye and sprayed with setting spray)
decent price

Cons
not a full concealer (purchased for highlighting/brightening)
Not a lot of product, seems reasonably priced until you run out and realize how little you received..

I think the cost/amount ratio is what deters me. I purchased it for brightening/contouring and it seemed to do well but I will not purchase again as it did not "wow" me and it ran out too quickly. I go without foundation some days but never go without concealer.
My typical routine...
moisturizer, foundation, LM secret camouflage, highlighter, etc

I would recommend trying this product as I can see why it is popular but not if you are like me and you would use it everyday. I don't think it lasted more than a couple months and I didn't think I used that much. Erase paste pot and lancome concealer lasted me a year for a reference.

on 6/14/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this concealer!! It's perfect for under eye and around the eye! :) really brightens up my look because the lady at Sephora matched me with a shade just lighter then my color! coverage is good but i wouldnt suggest for people with really bad dark circles. but people with wrinkle sense it sais smoothing i think would find good results!!! i have light purpley under my eyes and this product does a great job covering!!!
Like other reviewers have said the packaging can be a hassle....BUT this is what works for me. The first time you get it you will have to turn it and turn it for product to come...and then a lot of product will come out and it will be a mess. But after that first time you just turn it 4 times....set it down while you do other makeup....then pick it up and turn it once or twice and the right amount will come out. Just takes practice and a little bit of patience. I took off a lippie for that.
Overall HG under eye concealer!!!!!! :)

on 4/16/2013 11:12:00 PM

I have a very dry eye area and have tried an excessive amounts of concealer, searching for something that doesn't crease terribly.

I have this in radiant vanilla and radiant rose and I use both on a regular basis.

I use radiant vanilla in the under eye are if I don't use any foundation on the eye area. If my under eye area is especially dry this is all that I will use because I find if I use more than one product on those dry days its guaranteed to look cakey. It has decent coverage and if I set it with a translucent powder I don't get much creasing.

I use radiant rose over my foundation, under my eyes. It brightens up my face a lot and if I'm careful with the application I don't get much creasing.

Both have good staying power and not much creasing. It not perfect but a decent quality product for the price.

The only thing I do not like is, if I have moisturizer on my hands its hard to twist the pen.

on 4/15/2013 12:47:00 PM

Brought the pinkish one in 03 - yellow concealer for the under eye area might work for some skintones but doesnt for mine (fair Asian) - the pink concealer does a perfect job and it is very similar to Benefits eye bright pencil. I think its pretty cheap for the quality.

on 1/25/2013 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I really like this product. I tried YSL version when I purchased my foundation. I didn't get it because I want to wait to see if I really fancied the foundation. I like the foundation very much. I went to Sephora. I told the makeup artist I was looking for a highlighter. I told her I didn't want to spend over $25. I tried the radiant beige and it looks beautiful. It gives the areas I highlight a nice glow. I use under my eyes, also on the bridge of my nose. I can use elsewhere. However, I don't need too. I'll try using around my lips. The price is affordable.