December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Concealers - Sephora - Smoothing & Brightening

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I have it in the lightest shade (though mine is just called "light" which is not listed online, so maybe they changed names?) and it's a soft pink color that I use under my eyes. I think it's effective in concealing and brightening and illuminating; it does not crease badly when I set it with powder and I would recommend it.

However, I keep coming back to the price. It contains .11 oz and costs $154.54 per ounce. That certainly makes it a good deal compared to YSL Touche Eclat ($410.00) and MAC Prep + Prime ($216.67) highlighters. However, I think I'm going to go back to the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in the shade Brightening. It's a very similar shade with similar concealing coverage as Sephora and MAC's Radiant Rose, plus it costs just $34 per ounce.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This under eye pen is the bomb! It conceals dark circles, tones down puffiness, and brightens the eye area all in one. Plus, it supposedly is good for the tender skin around your eyes, too. I got it on sale for about $5 maybe 3 months ago, and have been using it everyday for the past month and still have some in the tube. I'm not sure what the full price for this concealer is, but if it's $20 or under I'll probably repurchase. (Also, this has no glitter what so ever.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I had a mini makeover yesterday & got matched to foundation, & powder, so concealer was just an afterthought something I'd mentioned, I didn't realize how much I had been missing out using cheapo concealers until I got this! The tube was hard to get started at 1st coz you hafta twist & twist some more. This concealer is awesome, it brightens my whole eye area & makes me look so put together. I will totally rebuy, I don't care if it's only gonna last me 2-3 mos., but the quality of Sephora products is out of this world for the money, compared to prices of their peers & they really do perform well!! Unlike Ulta brand which is what I was expecting more, but I am sold on sephora brand cosmetics. They are great out of everything from them I've tried has been stellar. This concealer makes me look awake & brightens my whole look. I have Medium, it's great for under my eyes & my Cupid's bow. Love this!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

On the fence.
Pros
blend able
good color
good consistency
Almost lasts a full work day (set with laura mercier under eye and sprayed with setting spray)
decent price

Cons
not a full concealer (purchased for highlighting/brightening)
Not a lot of product, seems reasonably priced until you run out and realize how little you received..

I think the cost/amount ratio is what deters me. I purchased it for brightening/contouring and it seemed to do well but I will not purchase again as it did not "wow" me and it ran out too quickly. I go without foundation some days but never go without concealer.
My typical routine...
moisturizer, foundation, LM secret camouflage, highlighter, etc

I would recommend trying this product as I can see why it is popular but not if you are like me and you would use it everyday. I don't think it lasted more than a couple months and I didn't think I used that much. Erase paste pot and lancome concealer lasted me a year for a reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by LeahBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this concealer!! It's perfect for under eye and around the eye! :) really brightens up my look because the lady at Sephora matched me with a shade just lighter then my color! coverage is good but i wouldnt suggest for people with really bad dark circles. but people with wrinkle sense it sais smoothing i think would find good results!!! i have light purpley under my eyes and this product does a great job covering!!!
Like other reviewers have said the packaging can be a hassle....BUT this is what works for me. The first time you get it you will have to turn it and turn it for product to come...and then a lot of product will come out and it will be a mess. But after that first time you just turn it 4 times....set it down while you do other makeup....then pick it up and turn it once or twice and the right amount will come out. Just takes practice and a little bit of patience. I took off a lippie for that.
Overall HG under eye concealer!!!!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ecollett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a very dry eye area and have tried an excessive amounts of concealer, searching for something that doesn't crease terribly.

I have this in radiant vanilla and radiant rose and I use both on a regular basis.

I use radiant vanilla in the under eye are if I don't use any foundation on the eye area. If my under eye area is especially dry this is all that I will use because I find if I use more than one product on those dry days its guaranteed to look cakey. It has decent coverage and if I set it with a translucent powder I don't get much creasing.

I use radiant rose over my foundation, under my eyes. It brightens up my face a lot and if I'm careful with the application I don't get much creasing.

Both have good staying power and not much creasing. It not perfect but a decent quality product for the price.

The only thing I do not like is, if I have moisturizer on my hands its hard to twist the pen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sa5001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Brought the pinkish one in 03 - yellow concealer for the under eye area might work for some skintones but doesnt for mine (fair Asian) - the pink concealer does a perfect job and it is very similar to Benefits eye bright pencil. I think its pretty cheap for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Sunnygirl12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I tried YSL version when I purchased my foundation. I didn't get it because I want to wait to see if I really fancied the foundation. I like the foundation very much. I went to Sephora. I told the makeup artist I was looking for a highlighter. I told her I didn't want to spend over $25. I tried the radiant beige and it looks beautiful. It gives the areas I highlight a nice glow. I use under my eyes, also on the bridge of my nose. I can use elsewhere. However, I don't need too. I'll try using around my lips. The price is affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this concealer specifically for my undereyes for almost a week now and all I can say is that this product is so and so, The makeup artist who helped me out suggested I give the shade Medium 07 a try, which I did and I actually liked the results on my undereyes. My eyes didn't seem so dark and puffy after being up and working for almost 9 hours and it actually makes me look more wide awake than anything else. So I ended up purchasing the product in hopes that when I apply it myself, it'll actually do me some good. The only con I have about this product is that by mid day when looking at my undereyes, the concealer seemed to look a bit flaky which then settles into lines and instantly there was a tinge of disappointment as that's a big no for me. Will I be repurchasing again, Unfortunately not... for the price of $18.99 I'll probably switch back to Clinique's airbrush concealer. I know I got good results on that one, so I'll definitely be switching back to that brand once I finish this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i have been lookin for pen style brightener for quick application on not just my eyes but also bridge of my nose or any places that need highlightinggg.........after looking everywhere i just can't justify paying so much money for such a small amount of product (ysl, dior, etc) but also don't want to settle for quality. Finally i came across this one from sephora and the price is right and i'm sure it works just the same as the those rediculasly expensive onesss.....So far it does the job easy to apply, blend well and don't settle into dry liness....I often use it under my eyes after i done with my makeup and found dark eye shadow smudged on the bottom......i just apply it lightly at where i want it and blend blend blend........and wallaaa..looks very natural and brighttt liked i'm born with.......really recommend