October 24, 2014 | 1622 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I think this is a very useful tool, but this particular brand - model is probably not the best.
The handle/barrel is too big for my hands and the bristles are get damaged to easily.
I will not return this because at $40 is cheaper than other brands, and I don't plan to use it very often to justify investing more. I will see how it goes and if I get enough use out of this over next one year, will go for an expensive model.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. It makes styling my hair so easy. I have curly shoulder length hair and I wait until my hair is 75% dry and section it off to style. If this broke I would have another one before the day was out. I recommend purchasing from Amazon as it is cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Brenda7777777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for my long hair. I have long layered curly hair, and felt that the brush tangled my hair and it did not heat up enough. I am a big fan of Conair but this particular product was not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by dyanp989

Holy crap do i love this thing. So many compliments on my hair. So freaking easy. Fast as all get out (i use when 80-90% dry). I don't think i can ever go back. My hair: thick, short (ish), borderline wavy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sthompson0109

I just bought this item today, after running into it at Target. It was on sale for $40 so I really could not say no. Earlier this week I bought Helen of Troy's hot air brush (doesn't spin) and honestly Conair's is so much better. Not only does it actually spin so that you don't have to feed it your hair, you can change the directions of the spinning brush. It heats up a fair amount, it doesn't get too hot. And you should dry your hair a bit before you use it, it makes it a lot easier and quicker to use.
It took me maybe half an hour to completely style my hair with it, and that was just for my first time. I'm sure time would be cut in half by the time I get used to it. I have very thin hair, that just passes my shoulders, and is naturally curly and fluffy, so to get a nice blow out is always a bonus.
I recommend this product to anyone who blow dries their hair, or just anyone in general.
My hair didn't even knot while I used it, and it has never been so smooth from a blow out.
I hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

This product has cut my styling time in half -- where normally it takes over an hour to set my (very flat and fine) hair into curlers, this does the same job in roughly 10 minutes, plus it adds extra volume at the roots. You should definitely use it conjunction with a serum/heat protectant -- I've alternated between the Enjoy serum, the Potion No. 9 styling spray, and the Alterna bamboo strand plumping -- the spin brush works well with all of them. Your hair does need to be around 80% dry before you use it -- it's not really a pure hair dryer, more just a styling tool. If you have very short hair (less than chin length) it might not be that effective. Watch some tutorials on YouTube; it might seem a bit awkward at first but it will eventually become second nature.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not terrible at styling my hair. Well... Maybe I am. I have no patience and rely on appliances rather than personal technique. For instance, if I want volume at the crown I'm more likely to reach for Velcro rollers than a round brush and blow dryer. If I want curls I'd rather slap in Caruso steam rollers than fidget with a curling iron.

Thus, the Conair rotating brush fits right into my lifestyle. I can let my hair mostly air dry, then instead of fighting with my dryer and round brushes, I can get blowout results with this gadget--one handed!

I wish it got a little hotter to deal quickly with cowlicks or stubborn waves, but the corollary is that you can keep spinning the brush over stubborn areas until they're beaten into submission, without heat-damaging your hair.

What I really, really, really wish is that they made this with a smaller barrel. This monster is great for long hair, but I recently cut mine to shoulder-length with tons of shorter layers, and this doesn't work so well on the shortest top layers. I'd sell my grandma for a one or 1.5 inch rotating barrel hot air brush.

I initially balked at paying $50 for this, so found it cheaper on eBay and took the plunge. Now that I've had it for a year or so, I'd gladly pay full price if I ever had to replace it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love this product because it gives me a perfect blowout every. single. time. I avoid using a round brush and dryer simply because it's so awkward and I'm klutzy, and it takes me a ridiculously long time to do my hair with round brushes and a blowdryer. This has got to be one of my favorite styling tools. Ever. This tool creates volume and shine, and I can fully style my hair from wet to dry in 15 minutes or less. This styler works best if your hair is about 80% dry before using the styler. The styler's bristles are surprisingly soft, so always use the plastic protector when storing the tool, or the bristles will get bent and won't work so well anymore. I've found that this tool adds a lot of volume and fullness, but you have to work at it a bit (and use more product) to actually get curl. I'd also recommend styling only small sections of hair at a time, as smaller works better for drying and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by megmad

I've used this rotating brush for about three weeks. At first it was wonderful. Once I got past the learning curve my hair looked just how I wanted it to, no frizz, straight with body and a little bit of curl.

After a few weeks of using the brush my hair started to get really frizzy and it didn't seem to straighten as well. I noticed the bristles on the brush were splayed out instead of standing straight. I figured this was my fault because I didn't store the brush with the plastic, purple cover on it. I'm not sure if that's the case or if the bristles are too soft and degrade easily.

I really loved my hair when this brush worked for me. I'm thinking about buying another one and making sure I use the cover and see if that makes a difference. The other option is to look for an alternative. I'm considering a similar product at Sally's buts about 10 dollars more than the Conair. Has anyone else had this problem with the conair?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MissElaPasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At the start of this year, I decided to get my hair cut short! For the first time, since I was a child, I had chin-length hair. It was a great change but I had no idea what to do with it! I asked the hair styler who cut my hair what I should do, and he said to use a metallic brush and blow dryer to dry and seal the hair. I just nodded along but there's no way I can hold a hair dryer AND spin a round-brush at the same time!! Any of you ladies have this problem too?

So I did my research... and thank god I stumbled upon this product. After watching what seems every youtube video demo and review I absolutely HAD to have it. When I first used it, I was ecstatic. If you ask my boyfriend, he'll tell you that I was squealing with every section that I dried and styled, because I was LOVING how it turned out. I looked like I had a beautiful salon BLOW-OUT in only 20 Mins. After having used this tool for a month, this is what I've learned about it.

+ PROS:

- It's not too loud. Now, I'm aware that "loud" is a relative term, but I know it's not that loud, because my boyfriend just needs to raise the volume on the tv by a few notches to hear over it. Unlike my hair dryer, he just has to suffer for a few minutes and get an apology after.

- There is a COOL AIR option to seal the hair! Note: The head does not swivel on this option, but I don't think it needs to in order to be effective.

- The swiveling brush really is TANGLE-FREE. At least, I know it is for me (AND MANY of the women who have demo'd the dryer on youtube.) However, your hair can get tangled if you don't use it properly, and I will elaborate more on this in the CONS section below.

- The item includes a nifty cover for the brush-head. It's made out of durable plastic and really protects the bristles from bending or scratching.

- Ease of use! In the past month, I have learned to use this thing with my eyes closed.

- It has a Ceramic plate! I am a firm believer in the power of negative ions to protect hair follicles and seal in moisture. If you haven't learned about the science, I urge you to look it up. You'll appreciate this tool even more.

+ CONS:

- Although, the bristle head brush IS tangle-free, if used improperly your hair can get tangled! If you try grab too much hair on the swiveling brush, then the 'overflow' of hair can get twisted around and get stuck. It took me a little while to figure out why this kept happening, but once I learned about that issue, the rest was GRAVY. :)

- The tool itself is pretty big. DO NOT be alarmed at how large this tool is. I don't believe the technology exists yet that would allow this tool to be smaller and perform as well as it does. At least, not for the current price of this tool. Besides, the bigger tool does allow for more hair to be wrapped around the brush at a time. So in this case, the ergonomics of the design works for you, not against you. Even though, it's a long and big, it's surprisingly NOT HEAVY at all and will be really easy to use.

[[ FINAL THOUGHTS ]]

I love, love, love this tool! It may sound corny and over-the-top, but it really has changed my lifestyle for the better. I mean... In LESS THAN HALF the time it would take for me to TRY and use a dryer and brush, I can have a salon-style, blow-out with lifted roots and bouncy volume and shine. The price may seem pretty hefty, but my new look is PRICELESS. .... And the time you'll save will be priceless too.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No