April 16, 2014 | 795 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illusion d'ombre Eye Shadow - Mirifique

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by shirininx

I am not sure how you are supposed to use this product. It dries so fast that there's almost no way to smudge it out. So far I can only manage to use it as a sparkly eye liner which is pretty. However I noticed that after a few hours the sparkles start to drop onto my face and clothes which looks ridiculous.

I will update this review if I find a way to make it work for me, otherwise I stay un-impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mscolor

Love the intensity of the shimmery black color whenever I use this as a eyeliner and the application of the brush allows creativity with the 'wings' at the end of the lid.. But using this with a eyelid base/ or simply applying concealer over your lid is a MUST! If not it will be your worse nightmare and go everywhere you don't want it to!. It has been 4-5 myths and texture is still very creamy a little goes a long way so this will last vvv long!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by robindw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pricey but beautiful. It lasts forever on me - I put it on before work in the morning and it stays put even through my workout at 8:00. The texture is a bit difficult to get used to - I can't decide if I prefer using a brush or my fingers to put it on. Even so, it's worth experimenting because you can really layer this and make it dark, or layer it and create multi-dimensional looks with the other colours in the line, or use it as a nice base for other eye shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lookingood450

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best "black" over liner on the market! Gives the most beautiful glint and twinkle to my eyes.
Must-MUST use an eye primer-try Rain or Urban Decay, and I often wing it up for a night out. It's a daily use product for me-as I use a brown, taupe smoky eye with black liner to bring out my green/hazel eyes.
I have used it as a total black out lid cover for a special evening event and it was awesome-but I had a pro put my makeup on. She loved it too, but I noticed she used a dark navy shadow underneath first-otherwise it might have been too sheer.
It's money well spent for me as I 'm crazy about the look I get from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xoashleynicolee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely loove this shadow. I bought it about 2 months ago, and have barely made a dent. I won't go into detail about color because that has already been done multiple times. This product is great as a liner or an all over lid color. HOWEVER, be veryy careful about leaving the pot open because this shadow is a silicone base, it will dry out. That's my little word of advice. If you have the money, splurge on it. It retails for $36, but as long as it's going to last me, it is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me this isn't as versatile as the other colors in the range but it is a beautiful shadow. Deep, rich carbon black with silver shimmer. Occasionally I wear it all over the lid and I do like it blended into other cream shadows. Mostly I use it as a liner and it works perfectly for that purpose. The silky texture is easy to work with when creating a thin line or a little cat's eye tilt at the end. The shimmer is eye catching but it doesn't look like an over the top glitter liner. I can't believe how much shimmer is actually in here. It's not chunky or glittery, but it does look like a sparkle-fest. A very fine, micro particle sparkle-dust-fest.

It's long lasting on me, even without a primer (which is how I use it most often), but I don't think it's budge-proof by any means. If my eyes tear up or I accidentally rub my eye then it smears off easily. But other than that it stays put as long as it needs to without fading or gravitating anywhere else. And as a liner I didn't notice the shimmer spread that I experience when I try to wear Illusoire as an eyeliner (that one just ends up all over my cheeks when I wear it on my lower lid). Washes off easily but I do need to go over my lids a second time with makeup remover to get rid of all the tiny shimmer bits. I've barely made a mark in this since I bought it, which was the first month it came out, so I can't see myself needing a repurchase anytime soon. The consistency, look, and texture all seem the exact same as the first day I bought it too, so I haven't experienced the dry out that I have with other cream shadows. I have a lot of black shadows in various palettes but this is the only one I actually wear as a shadow. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

It was beautiful, easy to apply, deep black with silver glitter... It was more than half year ago :)
Now its gummy-like, shrunk and clumpy with poor color pay-off... Hard to blend, hard to pick up... It was perfection when new, but honestly I cant imagine ending the jar in less than a year or even more!
Big disappointment...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This is the most beautiful glittery black eyeshadow I have ever tried, period. It looks gorgeous in the pan, but actually looks so much more beautiful on your eyelids. I've tried this as both an eyeliner and blended out as an all-over lid color, and was completely blown away with how good my makeup looked.
However... This stuff moves all over the place. Seriously. I have never seen anything quite like this. None of the other Illusion D'ombres I have tried do this, so I don't know if I just got a bad product but it stays put for about 30 minutes, and then smudges out all over my eyes. I've tried all the eye shadow primers I own, but nothing works. I'm not too bummed though as I kind of like the smudged out look. It's an inadvertent smokey eye look that I'm going to rock on nights out. It's just a shame that I can't keep the intense black color stay put.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you're already halfway interested in Chanel's cream shadows, let me tip you over to the dark side - in Mirifique's case, to the dark, sparkly side.
Chanel make-up head Peter Philip says Mirifique looks like "the Eiffel Tower lit up at night" and he's as bang-on as he's poetic. The colour is a rich smoky black with lots of very tiny silver shimmer. It's got more depth than Mac Black Tied, it's more pigmented than loose shimmer over Mac Carbon, and in muted light it frickin' twinkles. Pack it on as a liner and it looks like molten graphite, spread it out and it's like diamond-dust on charcoal, smudge at the edges and you don't need another product to get a smoky eye.
You may already know that the range has an unusual texture - kind of like a mousse-putty. If you haven't swatched them yet, imagine very dense cappucino foam.
Chanel and Co say it's easy to apply with fingers, and it is. But I find that too much product stays on my fingertips in the transfer, which is a waste of money. Brushes work better for me - the genius one that comes with the pot lets you do a thin line and wing, and any old flat shadow brush should work for covering the lid.
Work fast. The stuff sets quickly and over primer, it won't budge until it meets a good cleanser.
Don't leave the pot open for longer than you need. I have a feeling the mousse will dry out.
Most of all, use it as often as you can, they don't make colours like these often and the result is very very eye-catching. It's much too pretty to die unused, unloved.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, contrary to the other reviewers I have no issues blending this out nicely! Because of the consistency I think it is very easy to blend this, you just have to work at it and do it quickly. When I apply this over a primer it stays all day on my super oily lids.
It is a very shimmery black that I love for a smoky look. As another reviewer suggested, I also concentrate this along the outer V of my eye and blend upwards, leaving the most intense color along the lashline and the very outer corner of my eye. If you have fantasme you can dab that in the inner part of your eye, or any other lighter color.