September 18, 2014 | 1773 users online

Powders - Mally Beauty - Poreless Perfection Skin Finisher

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Rubbish container that ensures powder billows everywhere every time I open it. I've since decanted it into a Clinique loose powder container. It is not a miracle product, just a very fine setting powder. It makes my skin look ashy if I have even a slight tan (say NC30 upwards) but is otherwise fine. But I do have to keep touching up and I can't say it does anything different to my skin than my other setting powders. But then, I don't have a problem with pores which maybe other ladies notice this helps with. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by RRich

Really impressed with this product. It's expensive at full price, but it is sometimes available in a deal at QVC or you can always go to the auction sites. You get a lot of product for your money though and only have to use a very small amount each time.

The effect it gives is fabulous - Mally is right, this is NOT a translucent powder but a pore-hiding, line-blurring, mattifying finishing product. There's no tint or shimmer, it just disappears into your skin. I've no idea how something so light has such a great effect, but I'm a convert. No more Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Twanda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really like the finish of this powder over my liquid foundation and also when used over a tinted moisturizer. It looks and feels great and does seem to help my foundation last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 More reviews by PinkLily

I love this product! It is the best "setting powder" I have used. Blows MUFE HD Microfinish Powder out of the water!! It is light and doesn't settle into lines or pores. The MUFE finishing powder can leave a white/chalky finish if you use too much. Mally's version doesn't leave any white residue. You can add layer upon layer and it doesn't look like you're wearing powder. [NB: I don't know if this would hold true if you put like 10 layers right on top of each other. But you can apply 3 or 4 layers without "seeing" it at all.]

It gives the skin a sort of glow. But there is ZERO glitter/sparkle in it. I don't know how this works but I'm enjoying the results!

My only complaint is that I wish it came in a jar with a locking sifter. I can't imagine travelling with this. Also, it's so finely-milled that if you open the jar directly after tapping/shaking it, some powder will billow up and be lost.

The brush it came with is sort of crap. But it works perfectly well with this powder. (I know Mally hates using the word "powder" when referring to her Skin Finisher -- I'm using it for lack of a better word.) Mostly, I use one of those brushes that has 2 or so different length bristles.

If I'm wearing liquid or cream foundation (or simply a tinted moisturizer), I apply the powder after that. But if I'm wearing a powder foundation, I apply a light layer underneath the powder foundation, apply the powder foundation, then apply a 2nd layer of the Skin Finisher over that. Either method works well.

I'm Asian and have fairly light skin. I don't know how well it would work with darker skin tones. However, I feel fairly certain it would work with most skin tones because it just disappears into the skin.

All in all, it is the perfect finishing powder. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No