September 2, 2014 | 1651 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Protective Emulsion with SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdmgc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mild moisturizer. Doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. It's great for mixing with my foundation to water it down and provide more sheer coverage. It's a perfect summer moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this is an ok moisturizer but i not brightening enough, it doesnt get my skin oily or greasy thru out the day so thats one thing i like. although the cream is extremely thick that that i have to sort of take more than i usually do with my tbs vit e moisturizer and it has those white things if u rub it in too hard like a peeling skin or something. i got this in the small sample but i wouldnt buy this, kanebo impress is probably better for me on the whitening side. the price for the normal size i think is worth the size actually but not for the fact that is not brghtening

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by leeshean

I must say that I was a little bit skeptical when I first bought this thinking that it may not be moisturising enough for drier weather as I have combination/dry skin. Turned out I was wrong and it was great. It probably had something to do with the fact that I applied the Hydro-Nourishing softener (which is supposed to be very hydrating) beforehand rather than using the white lucent softener. I'm not sure if it's just me but my face feels smoother and softer. As for the brightening effect, I have not really noticed anything so far. If you are looking for something that will do miracles in terms of brightening your skin, I'd say the brightening serum is the way to go. I used it before and it worked miraculously - within 2 weeks but it burned a hole in my pocket.

Overall, I think this is not a bad product - what it does, packaging and the smell. The price is a little bit on the steep side but if you're just browsing around for something new to try, this is really not bad plus it comes with spf so you wouldn't need to get a separate sunblock.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think during the day, sometimes it is not moisturizing enough, sometimes it is. It really depends on the weather and the dryness of the air. It is nothing fantastic, but pretty decent.

Pro: smells nice, feels lightweight on my normal/slightly oily skin
Con: sometimes not moisturizing enough

Overall, I will buy it again because the White Lucent line is so famous. A lot of women swear by it.

UPDATE: After using it for a while, I realized it was not moisturizing enough for my nomal/acne prone skin. My face felt dry after using it even during the day in the summer.