October 20, 2014 | 859 users online

Fragrances - Creed - Royal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

Absolutely adore Royal Water. I love to experiment with Jo Malone scents but Creed Royal Water is, what I suppose you would call, my Holy Grail scent! P.S. It was created in 1997 to honour Princess Di.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by HunieBzzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the scent and wore it on my wedding day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by maggiequinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Launched in 1997 as a tribute to Princess Diana, Royal Water is a beautiful mix of citrus notes and spices. It starts with quite invigorating lemony opening which reminds me a lot of O de Lancome or Eau d’Orlane, but within minutes it turns into more interesting combination of musk and spices and stays pretty linear for hours. Quite long lasting on me. Very elegant scent, I would say best suited for daytime and formal occasions, but I could easily use it as my comfort scent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by carsonmcc

Royal Water was created for women, but it would be lovely on men as well. It is fresh, with delightful deeper notes. It works as well at the office as it does at a romantic restaurant. Wish Creed would make bath products in this scent. I could wear Royal Water every day and never tire of it. Worth the expense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice fresh summery cologne, but expensive unless this your everyday signature finishing touch. It is tastefully done, but I want more in this price range.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by cherylmeehan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite scent. I have worn it exclusively for several years. It is fresh and clean. I always test other scents, but never find anything as good. I have had strangers comment on the fresh scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I had this for over a year now, initially I got a small bottle, then I was goggling & got a large one (120 ml) for the same price as the small one $85, I mopped it up immediately.
This is an interesting fragrance, started out a little citrusy, then it turn a bit green, a bit fresh, maybe a little, just a little floral. Everytime I wore it, it smelled a little different, that's makes it the more interesting. The scent is not long lasting, it quickly faded within 30 minutes or so leaving with a pleasant lingering fresh scent, not woody (which I dislike), not musky either, its hard to describe.
The design of the bottle is the pits, heavy pharmacist -like bottle. This can be a unisex scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A fresh and easy to wear fragrance. Unfortunately is very similar to other Creeds (Zeste Mandarine) and has little to no personality on its own.
It starts very citrusy and has some white flowers following, some green notes...and that all about it.
It has such a limited staying power (10 minutes?) that I cannot even say what the drydown is.
It is a pretty fragrance, but very very far, in my opinion, to what Princess Diana would have loved (it is said she was testing the fragrance and this one was released after her death).
It is very different from what she used to wear (24 Faubourg) that I have a hard time it would have been "her" scent. Nor will it be mine... too expensive for such average results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by jiicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is difficult to pinpoint the actual notes in Royal Water-- it is not a traditional floral, gourmand, spicy, woody or citrus scent. It is a slightly medicinal, sanitized light herbal fragrance.

Suffice to say that it brings to mind old money, oak paneled board rooms, Lacoste shirts, and gold buttoned blue blazers from Saville Row. After the initial after-shavish top notes evaporate, Royal water is neither masculine or feminine-- it is icy and impersonal like a stack of cold hard cash. Clean but neither obtrusive nor sharp, it is the kind of fragrance that you would expect to be worn on the likes of Claus von Bulow, Prince Philip and Doris Duke.

Not a high drama fragrance like Guerlain's Vol de Nuit, it is an understated fragrance that sits close to the skin. Very aristocratic and aptly named. Not for those with red blood coursing through their veins, for Royal Water your blood must run very, very blue.

Far too anemic for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Busyblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This comes across as a very masculine/aftershave-ish type scent, even after the dry down. It's inoffensive and smells clean, but I prefer something a little more feminine for myself. It would probably be great on my DH.