April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Mascara - Essence - Stays On and On and On!

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by frutuoso0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like it :) Adds lenght to the lashes, stays all day without smudging and the price is great. I will certainly buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far, one of the best mascaras I ever tried, and probably the best from all the Essence ones I used. I just discovered this is going to be discontinued so I bought a backup. I started using this mascara around 2 weeks ago because my lashes were a bit stressed after a full month of removing waterproof mascara by YR and black drama flash lashes effect by Maybelline (both pretty stubborn to remove actually!). I definetly needed something easy to remove and gentle on my eyelashes and this mascara is just perfect, because its formula is made to be removed with warm water only. So at night I don't need to rub any makeup remover on my eyes, I just gently touch my lashes with warm water and pass them through my fingers. all the mascara comes off easily, and my lashes fall much less.
I have full long lashes and I find this mascara perfect for my lashes. It gives time a full and nice effect, it keeps them curled and the brush is so tiny that it's really easy to reach all the lashes. with two coats I get a really dramatic effect, I love it.The formula is pretty light though, so it might not be as good for shorter lashes.
Definetly a great product, I am really sad it's not going to be in the regular range anymore, but there are so many nice mascaras out there to try...I am sure I will find something else :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

My lashes are sparse, thin, have an average length and stick straight. I expect mascara to hold a curl and that's why I prefer the waterproof versions. This mascara is supposed to be a tubing mascara and I got it because it was very affordable. I have to say that I loved the brush, very thin and with a lot of bristles. The formula was not what I know as tubing (my experience is with Clinique's Lash Power and High Impact Curling mascaras), it weighed down my curled eyelashes, it was sticky, clumpy and honestly my eyelashes look better without any product. And when I tried to take it off, it smudged all around my eyes (which is not expected from a tubing mascara, as far as I understand) and it took a good scrub with makeup remover to take it off completely. I prefer a regular drugstore waterproof mascara over this.