April 18, 2014 | 1969 users online

Fragrances - Coty - SJP NYC Pure Crush (By Sarah Jessica Parker)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bobbictx

I said I would purchase again but I'm not 100% sure on that yet. I wanted to add more coconut scents to my fragrance collection, and I found reviews for SJP NYC while searching. I'm not sure if I would have purchased this if I had smelled it first. Maybe if it was $15 or less, but on eBay I paid $23. When I first spray this on my skin or clothing, all I smell is coconut, which is what I hoped for. However, after just a few minutes it changes to.... something I can't quite put my finger on. There's an old school nondescript perfume smell, maybe a touch of floral, and some faint plastic note, but it's not too bad. Mostly, there's very little scent left at all after an hour or so. However, for some reason when I spray it in my hair, it doesn't fade as quickly and I notice mostly the coconut even hours later, and barely notice the less pleasant notes.

I find the bottle very unattractive and cheap looking, but I do kind of like the semi screw on cap.

I do like this fragrance (when it's in my hair) but I have other coconut scents that I favor quite a bit over this one. It might be better layered with other scents. I think adding a vanilla or sweet, creamy fragrance along with this would balance it out nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by bonboncats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ah!! I am so excited about this scent!!!! So, I saw this at Marshall's for $16, and me, thinking it was the original SJP NYC I bought it. Based on the reviews, the original was supposed to smell like strawberries, so when I smelled this and smelled coconut I was shocked and delighted! I had no idea she came out with another NYC scent called Pure crush, because no where on this bottle or packaging does it say that. The difference is this has a white rim to it instead of pink/red and less bright colors on the outside packaging.

I have been looking for a coconut scent forever and this is so perfect I can't even stand it! I have the Lavanila Vanilla-Coconut scent which I love, but is more vanilla than coconut and is way more sweet and heavy and long lasting. And I have tried the Harajuku Lovers G, which to me smells exactly like the Aruba Coconut scent from Bath and Body Works which is ok, but has a bit of a chemical smell to it. This scent is a perfect coconut scent. It reminds me of the coconut Suave shampoo/conditioner, which I don't know if that's good or bad. It is a much creamier coconut with less vanilla than others that I have smelled. If you love tropical coconut smells and have been searching for one like I have, please go get this! I saw it on amazon for $26 but if you can find it at Marshalls/Ross/TJMaxx it should be cheaper there. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells exactly like the original NYC on me, which I like, but already own. On the bottle I smell a little coconut, but on me it's nonexistent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by fragrancelover2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day unsniffed and I had to go back and purchase a 2nd bottle. Sjp you won me over with covet and now this! Mmmmm it is a light creamy lingering milky coconut scent that I enjoy. I am glad I tried this I took off a lippie because the bottles are only 2oz I wish they were 3.4 or at least refillable I don't want to throw away the plastic tube it should be reusable its not paper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is so pretty! This smells like tropical summertime to me. coconuts, vanilla light musky floral whifs but I would not call this a heavy floral at all. I was looking for something to wear on my trip to Hawaii and this is going to be it! the first blast is strong, but it settles down close to the skin and smells tropical and quite sexy to me. this has zero NYC to my nose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quite lovely. I've had this for a few months, but hadn't reviewed it. When I saw the review below, I had to share my affection for this new SJP fragrance. A light, sweet, coconutty feel-good type scent, perfect for warm weather.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

'SJP NYC Pure Crush' is the newest fragrance by Sarah Jessica Parker. If you thought her previous NYC fragrance was too sweet (red bottle), 'Pure Crush' is a lighter take on the sweet level and smells quite fresh to me. The scent is completely different - it smells of coconut, vanilla and white florals. The coconut is not "creamy sweet" like I would have expected. It smells fresh and not too sugary sweet. There's a slight hint of vanilla in this, but it's not very strong. As the scent settles, I get a hint of white floral. Although I hate the scent of white florals in general (because they tend to smell heavy), the way it's combined makes it smell delicate and soft. The final dry-down is a little powdery (musk?) and I can still smell some of the coconut. Despite having NYC in the fragrance name, I can't imagine this being worn in a city like New York. For me personally, I think it would make for a good beach scent because of the tropical vibe of coconut.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No