July 26, 2014 | 1708 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Brittany082387

Best powder I have found yet to use over my Colorstay foundation. I truly am falling in love with the Revlon line. It doesn't breakout my face and I love the cool feeling when you put it on, I would recommend this product for anyone with acne prone combination skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes your skin if it looks too dry with your foundation. Perfect finish! But it doesn't stay matte for long. If you accidentally out too much on one spot it will turn dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by violetp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this over my Almay Smart Shade Anti Aging Foundation. I LOVE THIS STUFF. Thanks to this formula, now I look like the alabaster ice queen that I’ve always wanted to look like :) It has coconut water in it so it has the feeling of a slightly wet, refreshing - to sheer matte finish in a matter of seconds. The ingredient list is pretty short - boasting non-irritating & restorative properties. AND it has SPF 13. The mini brush also clicks into its own hard plastic sleeve and then clicks safely into the lil pot of porcelain gold!!! No more ruffling around inside your bag for the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Mdvinson24

I recently picked this up at my local Wal-Mart and let me just say I LOVE it! The first time I put this powder on I really didn't understand what the 'aqua' at the end of the title meant. I had applied liquid foundation first and waited about 5-10 minutes (like always) before I started to apply the finishing powder. When I put the finishing powder on I felt the wetness and thought 'oh my gosh did I not let my foundation set long enough' so I stopped and was letting my foundation 'set' just a little longer. While doing so, I started looking at reviews on the powder (I have a horrible problem looking at reviews AFTER I buy the product - which I guess could be a good thing). That's when I found out that the aqua is actually what makes the powder feel wet! I have used this for about a week and a half now and I love it! my only draw back would be that if you have a little dark liquid foundation on your face first and then apply this powder you will look a little too dark/orange. But the past couple of days I have paired it with a foundation that is a little too light for my skin and with the finishing powder over top it makes for a perfect color!! I also wish the little round container it is in would just be a little bit bigger so the powder gets all over my brush but that's ok! still a GREAT product! I honestly haven't found one product from Revlon that I dislike! keep doing what your doing Revlon (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A girl who does makeup reviews on Facebook mentioned that Revlon @ Walgreens was discontinuing some of their makeup. I was in one of the stores and it just so happened found the ColorStay Aqua Translucent Finisher was being discontinued. To my luck there was only one left in my color, Light. I only paid $3.99!! Some reviewers mentioned their dislike of the coolness of this product. They said it was wet and felt weird. I would prefer if the brush was larger. I find the texture and coolness quite refreshing. It's not heavy or too wet @ all. My skin looked airbrushed!! :) I am not sure if Revlon will still be carrying this. I went to the Ulta website and they are still selling it. I don't think I would pay $12 to $13 for it but, if I find it being discontinued or at a great price, then I would definitely pick up a couple!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an ok product. I really like how it feels cool on your skin, and refreshes it. However, it does not do a very good job on setting your makeup, I have to follow up with my laura mercier powder. It is worth buying again, just for the feeling it gives my skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Typically I do not stray from Neutrogena cosmetics because I tend to breakout from other brands however, I decided to try the Revlon Colorstay Aqua Finishing Powder. I wouldn't say that it is translucent however it does not mimic other mineral powders in that it sort of sits on top of my skin. I have to press the product into my skin after dusting with a powder brush. It is cool and refreshing to the skin which is nice but it looks like I'm wearing powder. This is definitely not my favorite powder, it's pretty average and for the price (I think I paid around $13), you can find way better powders. I did not irritate my skin at all nor did it break me out which is a plus.

I have dry skin so that may be why this hasn't worked for me. I would maybe suggest this to someone with oily-very oily skin. The packaging is really annoying because most of the powder will come up through the upper chamber and it won't go back into the main compartment. It's a bit messy and I usually get powder all over my bathroom counter in taking the top on and off. For a great high end mineral powder, I would suggest Laura Mercier and for a drugstore brand, I would suggest either Almay or Neutrogena. Skip this one, it's not worth testing out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mlp84

I bought this product after seeing good reviews on it, but when I used it, it came out looking WAY too powdery and dried out my skin a ton by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mariatrann

This powder helps give me a natural and smooth finish. I've only tried using it without foundation/BB cream and I like the results so far! There is a slight shimmer in the powder but doesn't appear on your face when applied. I personally didn't like using the attached brush, it doesn't allow me to evenly thoroughly apply the powder all over my face /: So I just use my eco tools powder brush which works perfectly! I loved how this didn't give me that cakey effect which most powders do for me. I would re-purchase this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Erinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for portability, look elsewhere, now. If you're not a fan of moist-feeling products with a cooling sensation, avert your eyes and click that little x in the top right corner.

This is a little treasure, in my opinion. It works very well for me. It's not cakey when applied sparingly with my trusty old powder brush, and it's wonderful for touching up. It doesn't get that "millions of layers of powder on my face" look. It's splendidly cooling and refreshing. The oil control is amazing.

The price, however, is way too high in my view. I hope to look for a sale and stock up on it then. I hope that this, as well as it works for me, is not discontinued.