November 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lipstick - Kat Von D - Foiled Love Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by tketels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! It has great color payout and fantastic pigment, and is extremely long-lasting. Although it can sometimes be a little drying, it sticks to the lips and survives through food, drink, and a little of course, a little kiss&tell ;). I have this lipstick in "Hellbent" and I think the color is the PERFECT red for warm/pale skin tines. I highly suggest this lipstick, found on Sephora.com for just 19.00.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If there was ever proof that you could sell garbage as long as there was a celebrity name attached to it, it came in the form of Kat Von D's entire lipstick range.
I purchased this lipstick in Oh My Goth! after seeing it on a friend of mine and thinking it was just about the most gorgeous color ever. And it really is a beautiful color. But seriously, this lip color, along with her Painted Love lipsticks, has the worst formula I've ever encountered. Ever.
I thought this lipstick would be easier to work with and maybe have less slip and feathering tendencies than its Painted counterpart because of the shimmer. I've had good luck with shimmer lip colors before, so I was hopeful.
Boy was I wrong. While it lacks the revolting stench of decomposing flesh that the Painted Love lip colors boast, it has the same incorrigible texture, resulting in disgusting gathering at the corners of my mouth, horrible feathering (think gothic clown smile, ew), and uneven, patchy application that makes lips look diseased. It's so slick and oily that you can't even blot this stuff without taking off half the color. And it never sets. Never. It's not like the LUSH lip colors that set down to a dry finish after a couple minutes. No. This stuff just sits on top of the lips like a thick layer of Vaseline. And that's only with one coat, people. Unacceptable.
I actually wish the color itself sucked so I could return this with indignation rather than a twinge of heartbreak, but even though it's a stunning shade, it must go back and that makes me sad. Perhaps I'll be able to find a color dupe. Preferably one that doesn't wear like the aftermath of the Exxon Valdez spill, please. Any suggestions?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by brittclow69

This product is great! I find Kat Von D's lipsticks dont crease in your lips and wear off as quickly as some store bought lipsticks.. Really great quality. Not very drying on my lips either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by maggiedog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually went out to Sephora again today to get Oh My Goth. After purchasing FTW and Beranice, and loving them, I knew I HAD to have this one. Warning: it is dark and not for the faint of heart...but if you put it on lightly, you could even wear this as a daytime neutral. When put on more heavily, it is a deep amythest, leaning to neutral, with the wonderful metallic sheen of the other Foiled Love colors. I just don't find them dry...and they wear so well! They don't bleed or move around, other than on your coffee cup, etc. This is HG for dramatic, evening color as well as a great neutral if applied sparingly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by pinklabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kat Von D's Painted Love Lipstick line is way better than the Foiled Love Lipstick line.
The Foiled line has a more dry texture. You should definitely wear a gloss over them. They are matte, highly pigmented, and have a metallic finish. They stain your lips, so after you remove the lipstick, there will be color left behind on your lips that won't come off until it naturally fades.

I have tried FTW, Forever&Never, and Beranice. For reference, I'm NC30. FTW is a dark wine color (I didn't like it, too dark for my taste). Forever&Never turned out very beige and natural on me, the only difference on my skin tone between this and a natural color lipstick was that it's metallic. Beranice is an extremely similar color to Adora. The main difference (but it's hardly noticeable) is that Adora is warmer with an orange undertone to it and Beranice is cooler with a rose undertone to it. I like Adora better, but again, they are close, so if you have one, you don't need the other.