October 31, 2014 | 845 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Smoked ruby

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smoked Ruby is a beautiful eyeshadow wet or dry, but it is also one of the most out of this world best eyeliners when used wet! When I rush I cover my lid in MUFE Aqua Cream #16 and slap some of this on as an e/l with some mascara I am ready to go. I don't think I will have to repurchase because it is a fairly large shadow and should last me a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this colour for smokey eyes and i love it. I prefer to wet my brush and then use the shadow as you get more colour. The shadow does last all day. If i dont have time i just apply all over my eye lid and still looks smokey with great effect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I brought this eye shadow on a whim. My first ever eye shadow from MAC. I've never swatched it and personally never seen it in life, it was one of those late night purchases from MAC's website.
It is one of those MAC limited edition shadows, but it also one you could do without. I kind of regret the purchase, it was afterall a waste of $40AUD.
Now personally I like applying this eyeshadow with a wet brush, the colours become more vibrant especially the ruby red.
When applying this on dry, the black is definitely more prominent, and the red looks very bland. The the end results looks way to ashy for my liking.
Not sure what I want to do with this shadow now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by zvrkmiki

mac smoked ruby is le eye shadow form semiprecious collection launched in July 2011. it is one of the best eye shadows I have ever tried. So soft. So pigmented. Ideal for green eyes. It is black/brown base with red shine. The only down side is fallout, so you have to be vary careful, while applying. Must have. If you do not have it why?? Go and get it, while it is still out.
To bad it is limited edition.