July 31, 2014 | 2152 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Traditional Skin Care Cold Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by nadiaanim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is works really well as a make up remover and facial cleanser, I find the general use of hot cleansers to be annoying but it's been the best for my acne so far. with dry skin I'm able to dry wipe without hot water and it will leave the skin sticky but this will fade over time. With hot water skin will not be left sticky but it will not dry out either. leave it on for longer to use as a mask or use it as a mosturiser for the really dry parts of the body (e.g elbows and ankles). The major cons come with the pot, it's cute to hold but it becomes difficult to scoop from, I recommend getting a craft glue spatula from an art store or the handle a spoon to scoop product with. If you're new to hot cleansers this is good start since it's so cheap and there's a ton of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by LilyAugust

I love this product! My eyes are really sensitive, but I can use this cold cream to remove eyeliner and mascara and it doesn't hurt at all! And it's really cheap! But considering that I need to use a large amount every time, it's not that cheap after all. The packaging is simple but acceptable. You really need to read the instruction before use it, or it will cause a mess. I really recommend it to those with dry and sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by astarael02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because Boots was out of Ponds Cold Cream. At first I didn't like it much at all, but I got used to it. I'm not too fond of the smell- it's very old-lady and quite strong- and it's thinner than Ponds Cold Cream, but it did the job of taking off makeup well enough. I wash it off with a washcloth soaked in warm water, usually followed by a facewash just cos for my type of skin I don't really want to leave cold cream on it. It did the job I bought it for though- taking off stubborn, thick makeup. I took off points for the smell and the fact that it's not quite as easy to massage around your face, but I'd buy it again for the price, if the shop was out of Ponds again or if Ponds started to get stupidly expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is dreadful! Complete waste of money - I had to throw it out.
It smelt horrible - like potpourri mixed with chemicals and the scent lingered on your skin. The texture was was very thin - more like body lotion than cold cream and it left my face greasy, even after a toner.
I had to use a face wash to get rid of the smell and the oily coating.
The packaging was cheap looking and bland - a white plastic pot with a big, plasticy seam up the sides with a tin lid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had to beg a friend in the UK to purchase the adorable white jar of the Traditional Cold Cream from a Boots over there, because they don't sell the large sizes of it in such a cute jar over here in the USA -- and I love it. This is a slightly different formula than the "original beauty formula" rose cold cream sold by Boots on this side of the pond. But, make no mistake, this cream still smells lovely, and I think the jar is just the cutest thing! It makes me feel so feminine just picking it up, haha.

I love the Boots cold creams for their thick, luxurious feel on my skin. They moisturize very well, perfect for my wintertime dry skin horror. To use this cream as a cleanser, I massage into skin and remove with a hot, damp washcloth. It also removes makeup very well for me.

ETA: Over time, this cold cream is too heavy for my combination skin. I need a lighter cream like Pond's, so have change my "repurchase" answer to NO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is useless! Maybe it's the soft water where I'm staying, but I've been having a hard time finding a cleanser in the UK that can stand up to makeup. I don't usually go for tissue off cleansers but have had good makeup removal results with Pond's Cold Cream and Clarins Cleansing Milk with Gentian, so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a go, especially at the low, low price of less than 3 quid. Well, it does nothing except make my face and hands greasy. I'd probably have to reapply five or six times to get all my makeup off--and I don't even wear a lot of face stuff!

The only pluses are the smell, the price, and the lovely, old-fashioned packaging.

Edit: I am upping my rating significantly because I did, in the end, find a good use for this. It works great as a moisture mask, applied to perfectly clean skin, tissued off after a bit, and followed with the Boots Traditional Skin Care Glycerin and Rosewater Toner. In summation, this sucks as a cleanser. You'll never get all your makeup off using this. But on already clean skin, it works a treat as a soothing and moisturizing mask.