November 27, 2014 | 976 users online

Eye Primer - Rival de Loop Young - Eyeshadow Base

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pleased to report that Rival de Loop's eyeshadow base has been updated and now comes in a tube with a lipgloss-esque application wand, therefore negating the whole finger dipping in a little pot thing that annoys some. The consistency and colour are that of your average concealer; in fact I was initially concerned that the quite pigmented flesh tone of the base would interfere with eyeshadow colours. Thankfully, these worries were unfounded, even with light eyeshadow shades.

The concealer prevents creasing 100% for me, intensifies the applied eyeshadows somewhat, and guarantees that they last all day until removal on me. I would defnitely repurchase, especially at this price, and am even considering giving up my previously favourite eyeshadow primer (by German company Art Deco) for this one. Definitely worth a buy if you're in Germany or someone can bring one over for you (available at drugstore chain Rossmann for something like 3 EUR).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow base comes in a small pot, much like Art Deco's, but the pot is a lot more shallow. The base is a sticky, creamy consistency, and a metallic rose-beige color. For the price (approx. 1.50 euros), this is a good eyeshadow base. I find, though, that I have to use quite a lot of it, so it probably won't last too long. This base does not intensify the color of eyeshadows, but it does prolong their wear. My shadows don't look perfect at the end of the day like they would if I used the Nars base, but they are clearly still on, and definitely look better than if I hadn't used any base. I haven't had any problems blending shadows on top of this base either, which is another positive point for it. However, my shadows fade by the end of the day. Thankfully this base does prevent creasing. The base itself also balls up a little bit as the day goes on, and so my shadows have sort of faded by the end of the day into little gummy eyeshadow base balls. It's thankfully not that apparent, but it's definitely an issue. All in all, I would probably repurchase this if I were on a strict budget, and would definitely repurchase it over the Catrice base, as it's about half the price of the Catrice and works about twice as much better. However, if I am not on a budget, I would repurchase the Nars shadow base any day over this.