October 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Dirty Springwash Shower gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by annasupertramp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's not just a shower gel. It's an experience. Haha.

I mean it, though. I have used this for years and I still look forward to taking showers. It's such a sensual experience to take a shower with this stuff as it truly feels like diving into a cool lake on a summer morning. It is so unbelievably refreshing, equally great to wake you up in the morning and to wash off the day in the evening. The smell is lovely, it smells just like it feels, really light and refreshing, a little bit like toothpaste for your entire body, even though that doesn't sound as pleasant as it actually is. In any case, it's a super lovely, distinctive and yet non-obtrusive scent that I never get tired of. With prior shower gels, no matter how much I loved them, I felt like I needed to switch to something else after a while just to mix it up once in a while. Not with this one. As I've said, I've used it for years and there is no end in sight. I do believe we might be meant for each other for life, hehe, and I kinda knew it at first whiff...

On top of it all, it leaves a lovely scent around my place every time I use it, and it lingers on. So you see, it is indeed an experience, not just a shower gel. And I can only explain the lack of reviews here by assuming that they're all too busy taking showers with it, and wanna keep it all to themselves ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Love this stuff! I've tried most of the things from Lush's Dirty line and I find I really like the scent! I wasn't too impressed with the bar soap though, so I thought I'd give the body wash a shot. And I'm so glad I did! This cleans great and leaves my skin feeling cool, tingly, but most importantly clean! I like to use this in the summer since it gets really humid and sticky here in Michigan and I only have a tiny window unit in my apartment. It's super refreshing and perks you right up! Would love to buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by AnnieP112

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shower gel! It's on the expensive side, so I may not repurchase, one big bottle has lasted me 2 months+ so far. It cleans my skin and leaves it feeling wonderfully soft. The only thing I'm not keen on is the scent, it's very minty, but that's just a personal thing as I don't like mint. If you like mint, this is perfect! Even if you don't, it's so good that I manage to look past it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ninasmith192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really liked this shower gel. It is really fresh and makes my bathroom and myself smell lovely. Also very refreshing. The only complaint I have is that the smell didn't linger on my skin for very long. I also paid 4 for a small 100ml bottle, which is ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by littlerosex

This is the first shower gel i have tried from lush and i am very impressed with it. It smells exactly as it is marketed: spearmint with menthol. This is lovely after a long day it is so refreshing and fills the house with its gorgeous smell. It lathers nicely also, i was suprised that it wasnt harsh on my skin and products that are heavily scented usually are. The downside to this product is the price as 10 euro is very expensive for 250g (anybody else find it bizarre that its measured in grams not mls? haha) i will definiatly try some more of lushs shower gels as a treat but a little bit too expensive to constantly be replacing :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Dirty Shower Gel during the 50% off after Christmas sales. These sales are very clever as I bought things I wouldn't normally have even looked at twice. Knowing that the Dirty range is also marketed for men, I was originally going to give this to my OH to use - but he didn't like it. Turns out he doesn't like the smell of the menthol in it, so I'm "stuck" using it.

Dirty SG has a lovely minty scent which is reminds me of toothpaste. It is great to use in the morning to invigorate my senses & start the day. The consistency of the gel is fine - not too runny not too thick. It lathers very well & a little does go a long way. I don't find that the scent stays on my skin for a long time, however it doesn't bother me as I treat this SG as a shower experience only & don't want it to clash with my perfume.

Would I repurchase this? Well I did get a 500ml bottle that will last a long time, & Dirty SG whilst nice, isn't something I can't live without, so I would say no. I will update my review if I feel differently.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by welcometothefamily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of this shower gel with my last purchase. It's a light blue-green color (kind of like Sea Vegetable soap, except clear). It smells minty and very 'clean'. This lathered very well, still smelt amazing in the shower, and lingered very slightly on my skin. I may buy this, but for now I'm using The Jilted Elf shower jelly by LUSH which smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YUUUUUM... my fave LUSH bodywash. refreshing blue gel w/a minty toothpaste scent. leaves behind a warm/minty/herbal feeling on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've repurchased large bottles of this a couple of times for my SO because he loves this gel. The colour is a pretty bright clear aqua shade, and it smells spearminty, slightly herbal and overall very clean without that perfumey "clean" smell that some things smell like. It's a great men's scent but this would be find for ladies as well, especially in hot weather.
The scent sticks around pretty well on the skin as well and the lather is great. You can use it as shampoo, but only if your hair is in overall good condition and needs no extra moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of reviews and the low review for this shower gel as I'm loving it. We finally started getting some warm weather here in the Pacific NW so when I went to buy some "It's Raining Men" shower gel I had to try this too. It does smell manly but less so than the spray fragrance imo. It smells clean and is uplifting, cooling and didn't dry my skin. Actually my skin felt really good after using it and it looks better too-clarified yet not dry and it seems to help those bumps I get on my upper arms. I think this would be a great product to share w/your man and I'm hoping they come out with a lotion. I'm not sure I can carry off the fragrance-it may be just too masculine smelling for me but I'm going to try it next time. So much better than the Grass gel btw, at least imo-there was something that smelled funky in that one (bought it but had to return it).