November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - purete thermale purifying foaming water

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Regarding some of the reviews below, there is no SLS in this cleanser. There is SLES, which is a lot milder and present in most foaming cleansers. I don't find this harsh at all, in fact I find this fairly moisturizing and mild. It removes makeup easily and thoroughly, and leaves my skin feeling fresh, smooth and moist. I think this is best suited for normal or combination skin. My skin is pretty oily, and I'm not sure if this would be enough for me all the time. Also, although nice, the fragrance can be a bit much for someone (like me) with sensitivities. It's not strong enough to make me cough or anything, but my eyes aren't too happy about it. However, this is definitely one of my favorite cleansers from a pharmacy brand, and I think I would buy it again for times when my skin isn't terribly oily or congested.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by upandawayXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a gift and honestly, I don't know what to do with it. I wouldn't dare use it myself, throwing away the full bottle seems like such a waste, and giving it to someone else isn't an option either. As a pharmacy brand Vichy should be able to formulate better cleansers than this.
It looks fancy enough in it's pink bottle and I have to admit the packaging is well thought out and works well for the product, but the cleanser itself should definitely not be marketed as suitable for sensitive skin. Frankly, it shouldn't be marketed as suitable for any skin type or skin concern at all. When will people finally realise that foaming cleansers will do nothing good for your skin. They dry it out, destroy the natural acidic layer that protecs it, and will make it produce even more sebum if your face is on the oily side. Dehydration and oiliness - does that sound good to anyone? Put down the cleansers with SLS in the ingredient list, People. It IS an irritant. You're not doing your face any favours.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended to me by a SDM beauty counter representative. I was a fool for falling for the "sans paraben" and "gentle formula for sensitive skin" ploy. At first, I had thought it was amazing because I was able to remove all my war paint with one pump of foam. The scent was a bit too strong for my liking, but I had overlooked this due to the ease of using the product. Then gradually, my skin began to feel tight and with the dryness of air due to indoor heating coupled with the other extreme of the bitter cold winter wind, my skin had enough. After a week of using the Vichy Purete Thermale Purifying Foaming Water (pink bottle), my facial skin broke out into a horrible rash. Even tried reducing the amount to half a pump, once a day. No difference and the rash persisted. Will not purchase again. Not recommended for sensitive/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! It doesn't break me out and it leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and clean. I would definitely recommend this product for combination skin because I think it would dry out dry skin even more and it wouldn't help oily skin. Convenient packaging and a little goes a long way! It also smells really good and I would say it's worth the price. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Dowagr

I like this product. It is gentle enough to use it 2 times a day, yet it does not leave my face dry/tight.

Using a stronger cleanser isn't the answer/best when your skin flares up, hence this is perfect for those time when your skin is irritated/sensitive because it is just so mild yet cleansing. However, I have not noticed lesser blackheads from using this, maybe cos it is not exactly strong/thorough enough. Sometimes I felt like I have to pair it up with another stronger cleanser occasionally just to make sure my face is really really clean.

I am not a fan of the scent as it is very heavy. I could do with a more natural smell. Packaging is OK, comes in a pretty pink bottle with a pump that disperse the right amount every time.

I honestly would not repurchase this again. While it is good for basic cleansing, I did not notice a significant improvement from using it. It is also rather expensive for such a basic cleanser. Not my Holy Grail Material. I will continue to search for my HG foaming cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Shettyprianca

I love this product. Absolutely love it.

It makes your skin glow after a wash. Helps to keep skin hydrated , doesn't dry out, cleanses very well.

If you have combination skin, you should try this for winters!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Alasse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I really really wanted to like this, as I love ROC's energising cleansing mousse and this got good reviews on Beautypedia. However... except for the cute pink bottle and quality packaging, nothing about this was good for me. I'm totally in love with the water-to-foam concept and prefer to use these at night as they rinse well without a lot of water and have a soft and dreamy texture. Where I loved ROC's scent, I found this one quite chemical. Ever after the first application, my skin was pulling like crazy which didn't even go away completely after applying a soft toner and tons of moisturizer. Each application went the same way. So I'll have to give up and throw this one out. Maybe there's something in it which really doesn't agree with me? I'll be returing to ROC for my evening routine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First, SLS is third on the ingredient list. And this product has fragrance.

I think I used a few bottles of this about a year ago, it wasn't bad (as in, I don't recall having any major reaction or whatever with it), but it wasn't great either. (I would have stayed with it until now if it were great)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by nerdo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination/oily skin with occasional pimples and many blackheads and this works just magic! It cleans my skin without leaving it super dry (like many acne/oily skin type products do) and it doesn't give me breakout or leaves me with an oil film (like many sensitive skin typ products do). It's similar to the clinique Liquid Facial Soap Nr. 2, but just half the price. Give it a try ^_^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

purete thermal purifying foaming water by vichy, is a water that transforms in a foam and cleans my face.it is a skin radiance revealer as well.meaning your face is fresh and radiant after.i use this one for removing small make up. It removes mascara,eye liner,eye shadows,lipstick.it cleans well,removes well make up,leaves my skin fresh and radiant.it didn't break me out cause it is enought soft.i use it once or two a week.cause i use st ives (olive,green tea cleanser) so, really love the feel after wards,the softness,the freshness...love that it makes a foam,you need a small amount,it foams,it cleans,removes make up,then splash a lot of water et voilą! Love it!