September 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Fragrances - Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Perfumes - Eau De Camelia Chinois

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also am surprised by the low rating. My husband bought me this for Valentines Day saying that it could be my fresh day time fragrance. I think it's modern but not boring, long lasting but not overwhelming and different to other "pretty" fragrances out there. It's very well done.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm also baffled by the negative reviews. I'm certainly not reminded of urinal cakes either-- not that I go around sniffing them, mind you. I've gone back and forth with EdCC for awhile now. A few years back it seemed too proper-ish for me. Maybe it's due to getting older, but I find it so feminine and pretty without being stuffy. It's a grown-up perfume but not something my 70-year-old mother would wear.

I love its lasting power, though it takes a bit for the scent to settle into my skin. Once I get past that, I'm in love. It's got staying power but definitely doesn't knock people out... only people who hug me really get a whiff, but then again I only spray it on my wrists.

It's a touch sweet and I love it despite being a girl who does NOT like sweet. Some detect a grassy note but I don't (thankfully, as I hate grassy notes). It's got a blend of slight floral, skin and soapiness, and somehow it all balances out. It's a lovely feminine scent that doesn't hit people over the head. My husband loves it on me, and as with most guys, he barely notices if I'm wearing makeup, let alone perfume.

It's pricey for sure, but often there's cheaper prices on eBay. And given its concentration a bottle will last forever. I love having a scent that isn't easily available in every department store but also isn't impossible to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by flannerygrace

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I sit here sniffing this glorious scent I am amazed at the some of the reviews, are we smelling the same product?

I get no soapiness and certainly no urinal cakes!

I've been sampling many fragrances lately and this one is just a beautiful stand out. Not sweet at all, thankfully! It is the first tea scent I've tried and I'll have to try more if they are anything like this. I don't usually like citrus but this one is so well constructed with the tea and citrus blending together seamlessly and then the hint of floral comes through. There stands the camellia behind them and the three seem to do a dance together.

Sillage is good but wouldn't put anyone off, and so far my scent eating skin hasn't made this one disappear. Definitely worth a bottle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by harperhilton

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just wanted to comment on the review below -- it is actually mpg (or l'artisan, well, jean laporte anyway) -- who is the ground-breaking perfumer. he was the *first* of the niche-perfumers who moved away from the usual perfumery, and without him and his perfumes serge lutens and parfumery generale etc would probably not exist.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

From first spritz I loved this MpG. EdCC is a lovely, sweet and feminine scent. . It's a perfect summer scent for daytime. Different as there are gorgeous tea notes and exotic fruits. It's bright and etheral. Camelias are gorgeously fresh and albeit a little soapy smelling --- is a lot different from the normal fruity scents out there. Unique and utterly feminine --- destined to be a classic for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

I fell in love with this a few years ago. I kept the sample in my maybe box, but at full price I could never get myself to justify it. Once I almost traded for it, but the swap fell through. Finally, b-glowing had a great MPG sale. I caved in (it was still expensive) and then, wierdly, once I had it, I didn't find myself wanting to wear it. It sat on my shelf for almost a year. Recently I started going through a floral/citrus thing. Almost by chance I noticed the beautiful CC bottle, tried it again, and... LOVE! It opens with a very light, pretty citrus spread over very green (almost piney) notes, green tea accord, and a warm flowery base. The green tea isn't the real green tea, it's the agreed upon accord. But it's still very nice. Then a light floral I've smelled in camelia tea blooms. After a good drydown, the scent holds pretty much to an equal mix of green notes, tea accord, and camelia, but there's a light citric touch that remains. It's really pretty and surprisingly long lasting. I've found myself getting whiffs of the scent on clothing a few weeks later and loving it so much I wore the scent again. I don't get urinal cake. I can't see the odium - at it's worst, this may seem like an overly floral, slightly soapy scent. But I'd never find it offensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 2:04:00 AM More reviews by veruska

I can't believe that Maitre Parfumeur et Gandier released such a dischordant perfume. I'm not going to talk about urinal cake here cause i found it pathetic but i'm pretty sure that this is a highly synthetic perfume.When i read the notes on several sites i was expecting for a combination of exotic fruits with tea.I was very surprised of the inaccuracy of what i've read.The perfume starts with aacidic citrus blast (almost unbearable)and it follows with a random herb collection before the whole combosition surrenders to an intense musk.Although the perfume is overall very sharp i can somehow accept the herbal part.Thank god for samples

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 8:32:00 AM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had tried some Camellia shampoo a few months ago and was hoping to find a fragrance similiar to that. Well, Camellia Chinois doesn't smell like the shampoo but it is very pretty. I have tried the sample twice and it is very green when first applied but still very floral.The drydown is amazing.It is fresh,floral, and very pretty. It reminds me of MM Forbidden except not quite as complex.It would be great for spring/summer. I will enjoy my sample but probably wouldn't buy a full bottle because I own Forbidden.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Maller

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A swimming pool into which a liberal number camelia scented soap bars have been tossed. And maybe a few pine trees surrounding the pool. That is my primary impression of Eau de Camelia Chinois. I know...it doesn't come off as an exactly resounding endorsement, but I must say that I can see this fragrance having the potential to be rather beautiful on some people. However, I can't see how this would not be perceived as "soapy", so if you're soap phobic (and I confess to suffering from that affliction myself), this is one to approach with caution. The lightly chlorinated pool association may be something unique to how it combines with my skin chemistry and the faint scent of pine is actually quite appealing. Just sample first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cristaline

Camelia Chinois is not a terribly interesting scent. As one who is not a fan of soapy notes, this is certainly not my cup of tea. And as it dries down, it reveals a bitter tea note, which combined with the soapy backdrop, I find a bit unpleasant.