Shea Moisture Thickening Growth Milk

3.5

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Olea Europaea Oil (Olive), Vegetable Glycerin, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Triticum Vulgare Oil (Wheatgerm), Grapeseed Oil, Sorbitol Esters, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cetyl Esters, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Vegetable Protein, Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab), Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Bamboo Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

on 7/26/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this product. Its ingredients are great like all shea moisture products and benefit your hair regardless. Well, I used this product after washing, conditioning, and detangling my hair. I used it as a leave in and it moisturized my hair well. I have thick curly hair and it kept it nice and tamed. I did see a lot of improvement with my hair when using this and am thinking of going back to it. I tend to try different things even if they work great. Overall, I recommend this product!

on 6/22/2015 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually... really like this product. I bought two sets of SM poo/dish since it was BOGO at CVS a few weeks ago and they ranged from awful to slightly less so, but this leave-in works great for my hair. I'm not sure if it's thickening my hair or making it grow faster, but it does leave it silky soft and works has a great detangler. So yeah. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again, but I certainly wouldn't say no if it's on sale again .

on 4/2/2015 8:19:00 PM

I have thin hair that tends to get oily at the roots and therefore needs to be washed daily. I used this one morning because my roommate happened to have it in the bathroom and I am always curious to try new products. I loved it so much I have been searching local stores all over for it but haven't come across it yet- if I don't soon I will order from online because I have been using my roommates daily haha. I use a small amount, keep it away from my roots and either air-dry or blow dry. I've noticed such a remarkable difference both ways. It cuts down on the frizz my thin slightly wavy hair tends to get and helps define the waves so they actually look purposeful (haha). When I blow dry it, it comes out silky smooth and even my clueless boyfriend has noticed- and the 5 year old girl I nanny for just told me yesterday my hair felt so soft! The smell is light and refreshing. This is absolutely my new go to product and I think it will be for a long time!

on 12/17/2014 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had purchased this due to a friend recommending it to me, and she went on about how great it was so surely I purchased the leave in treatment. Before trying the product I had returned to the store for something, and noticed the complete line including the Shea butter shampo, conditioner, and deep conditioner were on a good sale- so what do I do, buy all of it. Just on the word of my friend saying its wonderful for her hair. (As we must keep in mind what works for one person may not for another especially when dealing with hair products) so when I finally got to try these, I was excited thinking my hair was going to come out amazing and knot free- silky smooth .. Not the case . And I had also read good reviews online including this website. I suppose my hair just dose not like Shea butter, why Idk but im a little frustrated. Trial and error right ..

on 12/5/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is alright. It smells good but that's it. It's kind of thick so I use it when my hair is in a bun or ponytail and I need to smooth flyaways. To be honest, none of Shea Moisture's hair products have worked well on my hair so take this review with a grain of salt lol

on 11/16/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm pretty impressed with this product. I don't use very much--just a little dollop or two. It smells great and is great at volumizing. It also leaves my hair very smooth and doesn't make it look oily like a lot of hair products. It lasts a very long time as well.

on 9/29/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this before reading reviews but still decided to give it a shot nonetheless. I am so glad I did! I have very, very thin curly hair that is prone to breakage (thank you genetics!). I've been using this product for about a week, and my hair has noticeably thickened and has more of a shine. I only use it on my ends as that's my true problem area and my hair gets oily quite quickly. This works best after showering, but sometimes I apply it as a pick-me-up before going out to really add shine and volume to my curls. My hair is still thinner than I'd like, but no product can work miracles - with that in mind, this is a great product that has been so helpful toward improving my self-confidence.

on 9/6/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if it matters or not but I am not African American but I use and love Shea moisture hair products.
I have a short pixie cut
this makes a great setting gel for me. It is not sticky and smells wonderful. Use it at the gym and others comment on the softness of the hair.
As for growth, since my hormones are damaging my hair faster than I can replace it! I cannot vouch for the growth part of it. But I will rebuy it!
Price paid was 9.99usd, which I consider a bit high

on 6/10/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Jus got this from target, I love shea moisture products, I hope to see some improvements in my hair.right now i suffer from thinning edges and my hair barely grows.
it would be nice if this stuff works.I dnt like the smell at all, it smells like cheap perfume. Txtur of product is perfect for my dry relaxed hair

on 6/17/2013 5:41:00 AM

I really wanted to love this as I have so many other Shea Moisture products I use, especially as it's targeted with so many benefits for fine wavy hair like mine. It seems like it has the exact same formula of the Thickening Conditioner which did nothing for me either. They both have this heavy thick lotion texture as opposed to a styling product. Didn't give my hair any slip whatsoever as a leave in and felt like I was in fact applying lotion to my hair. Once again a shame as has such good ingredients but wish it was a more creamy absorbing formula. As many great products as the line has doesn't seem to have any lightweight styling products for fine wavy hair unfortunately. Will try the Curl Leave-in Mist next at my last attempt of a styling product in the line (the Thickening Mist was horrid for me as well as felt like oil mixed with water and did nothing).

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products