October 22, 2014 | 1403 users online

Hair Treatments - Shea Moisture - Thickening Growth Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by falkenna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this before reading reviews but still decided to give it a shot nonetheless. I am so glad I did! I have very, very thin curly hair that is prone to breakage (thank you genetics!). I've been using this product for about a week, and my hair has noticeably thickened and has more of a shine. I only use it on my ends as that's my true problem area and my hair gets oily quite quickly. This works best after showering, but sometimes I apply it as a pick-me-up before going out to really add shine and volume to my curls. My hair is still thinner than I'd like, but no product can work miracles - with that in mind, this is a great product that has been so helpful toward improving my self-confidence.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it matters or not but I am not African American but I use and love Shea moisture hair products.
I have a short pixie cut
this makes a great setting gel for me. It is not sticky and smells wonderful. Use it at the gym and others comment on the softness of the hair.
As for growth, since my hormones are damaging my hair faster than I can replace it! I cannot vouch for the growth part of it. But I will rebuy it!
Price paid was 9.99usd, which I consider a bit high

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by dgenise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jus got this from target, I love shea moisture products, I hope to see some improvements in my hair.right now i suffer from thinning edges and my hair barely grows.
it would be nice if this stuff works.I dnt like the smell at all, it smells like cheap perfume. Txtur of product is perfect for my dry relaxed hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this as I have so many other Shea Moisture products I use, especially as it's targeted with so many benefits for fine wavy hair like mine. It seems like it has the exact same formula of the Thickening Conditioner which did nothing for me either. They both have this heavy thick lotion texture as opposed to a styling product. Didn't give my hair any slip whatsoever as a leave in and felt like I was in fact applying lotion to my hair. Once again a shame as has such good ingredients but wish it was a more creamy absorbing formula. As many great products as the line has doesn't seem to have any lightweight styling products for fine wavy hair unfortunately. Will try the Curl Leave-in Mist next at my last attempt of a styling product in the line (the Thickening Mist was horrid for me as well as felt like oil mixed with water and did nothing).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by leahraneighh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on day three of this product and so far I'm lovin' it. At first, I wasn't too impressed because I allowed my hair to air dry and it seemed like it's usual self (flat, frizzy and dull). But today, after my shower, I added a little bit to my hair and styled it (just blow dry). I noticed a huge difference. My hair was extremely soft and silky feeling, and it looked amazing. It even kept up the silkiness throughout the entire day. Very impressed! The natural ingredients are really beneficial to my hair, especially since it is mostly dry and damaged from coloring so much.

Note that I am also combining this product with the thick + growth shampoo from Shea Moisture. That may make a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by chococatbeauty79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

....This product does work but, dont expect it to be moisturizing, i have to mix this with evoo....I already have naturally thick hair, but, this product made my hair even thicker and grow more....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't like the smell of the product and it never gave my hair volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Diannie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very fine (but a lot of it), brunette hair that tends to fall flat regardless of what I use. I've tried everything...mousses, thickening sprays, gels, volumizing shampoos & conditioners. I've spent a lot of money on hair products as I always buy them at the salon. So I ran in CVS and this caught my eye as I walked past (anything that says thickening or volumizing usually does! Lol!) So, I bought the shampoo, thickening milk and anti-breakage mask. I used the shampoo, then the mask, which I left in for 20 minutes. Then I used a dime size of the milk bc I thought, it's a leave in so it could be heavy. I did use just a little bit of Alterna's Bamboo Volume Mousse. What a noticeable difference! I still have a little breakage while drying (which I think is normal for fine hair). But my hair definitely has more volume and body and it feels fuller to touch! I hope this stuff keeps working! I will be buying it again, s well recommending it people who are looking for weightless volume!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A good moisturizing cream for dry hair. Gives shine and soft definition to curly hair. Unfortunately I hate the scent. Not my cup of tea. It is cloying and heavily floral. It also doesn't have much thickening abilities for me. But as a cream styling product it's emollient enough and the ingredients are wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Li0nessxo

I have wavy/curly hair and I noticed I was starting to lose a lot of hair. I bought this at walmart for 9.98 which is a bad price for a bottle that small especially for the length of my hair. Otherwise I love the smell its so pleasant. It feels really light , like lotion . I used it right after I washed my hair and it made it so moisturized and it felt so much healthier . today is the 3rd day I'm using it and I can tell that there's so much body to it and healthiness. I really reccommend this to anyone it doesn't weigh down unless you use waaaay to much ! Not to mention the great vitamins in it !