September 2, 2014 | 1419 users online

Hair Treatments - Shea Moisture - Thickening Growth Milk

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by dgenise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jus got this from target, I love shea moisture products, I hope to see some improvements in my hair.right now i suffer from thinning edges and my hair barely grows.
it would be nice if this stuff works.I dnt like the smell at all, it smells like cheap perfume. Txtur of product is perfect for my dry relaxed hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this as I have so many other Shea Moisture products I use, especially as it's targeted with so many benefits for fine wavy hair like mine. It seems like it has the exact same formula of the Thickening Conditioner which did nothing for me either. They both have this heavy thick lotion texture as opposed to a styling product. Didn't give my hair any slip whatsoever as a leave in and felt like I was in fact applying lotion to my hair. Once again a shame as has such good ingredients but wish it was a more creamy absorbing formula. As many great products as the line has doesn't seem to have any lightweight styling products for fine wavy hair unfortunately. Will try the Curl Leave-in Mist next at my last attempt of a styling product in the line (the Thickening Mist was horrid for me as well as felt like oil mixed with water and did nothing).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by leahraneighh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on day three of this product and so far I'm lovin' it. At first, I wasn't too impressed because I allowed my hair to air dry and it seemed like it's usual self (flat, frizzy and dull). But today, after my shower, I added a little bit to my hair and styled it (just blow dry). I noticed a huge difference. My hair was extremely soft and silky feeling, and it looked amazing. It even kept up the silkiness throughout the entire day. Very impressed! The natural ingredients are really beneficial to my hair, especially since it is mostly dry and damaged from coloring so much.

Note that I am also combining this product with the thick + growth shampoo from Shea Moisture. That may make a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by chococatbeauty79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

....This product does work but, dont expect it to be moisturizing, i have to mix this with evoo....I already have naturally thick hair, but, this product made my hair even thicker and grow more....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't like the smell of the product and it never gave my hair volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Diannie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very fine (but a lot of it), brunette hair that tends to fall flat regardless of what I use. I've tried everything...mousses, thickening sprays, gels, volumizing shampoos & conditioners. I've spent a lot of money on hair products as I always buy them at the salon. So I ran in CVS and this caught my eye as I walked past (anything that says thickening or volumizing usually does! Lol!) So, I bought the shampoo, thickening milk and anti-breakage mask. I used the shampoo, then the mask, which I left in for 20 minutes. Then I used a dime size of the milk bc I thought, it's a leave in so it could be heavy. I did use just a little bit of Alterna's Bamboo Volume Mousse. What a noticeable difference! I still have a little breakage while drying (which I think is normal for fine hair). But my hair definitely has more volume and body and it feels fuller to touch! I hope this stuff keeps working! I will be buying it again, s well recommending it people who are looking for weightless volume!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A good moisturizing cream for dry hair. Gives shine and soft definition to curly hair. Unfortunately I hate the scent. Not my cup of tea. It is cloying and heavily floral. It also doesn't have much thickening abilities for me. But as a cream styling product it's emollient enough and the ingredients are wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Li0nessxo

I have wavy/curly hair and I noticed I was starting to lose a lot of hair. I bought this at walmart for 9.98 which is a bad price for a bottle that small especially for the length of my hair. Otherwise I love the smell its so pleasant. It feels really light , like lotion . I used it right after I washed my hair and it made it so moisturized and it felt so much healthier . today is the 3rd day I'm using it and I can tell that there's so much body to it and healthiness. I really reccommend this to anyone it doesn't weigh down unless you use waaaay to much ! Not to mention the great vitamins in it !

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by teacherjess

I bought this product about 4 or 5 days ago. I have relaxed hair, moderate thickness, a little past shoulder length. The first time I used it was as a nightly moisturizer for my ends. My hair was dry and all I could think was, 'wow this stuff is really greasy.' I wasn't impressed with the texture of it or so called thickening properties. But the smell was FABULOUS (so fresh, feminine, pleasant, and almost perfume- like but not overly perfume-y) and the ingredient list reads like a VIP list of good, high quality ingredients for ethnic hair care (jojoba oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, glycerin, etc.) so I stuck with it. I am now in LOVE. Used sparingly, it is an excellent moisturizer that imparts incredibly beautiful body, sheen, and softness to the hair. My hair hasn't looked this healthy in a long time. The hair absorbs the product well and is not left greasy or weighed down (just don't use too much). I tried it on damp hair after shampooing and conditioning. It seemed to dry a little thicker looking, but wasn't as soft. I did use a keratin spray with it and that could have made it less soft...overall, I recommend this product for both relaxed and naturals. The jury is still out on how well it thickens, but I have noticed significantly less hair lost during styling and increased shine, body, & softness. Also helps hold hairstyles better. Curls look gorgeous-- full, bouncy, shiny...go get some!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by medinaneenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 3c/4a fine textured hair. On dry hair, this made my hair hard & stiff. Used as a moisturizer on damp hair after washing & my it twists came out very shiny. Can't say much for the thickening aspects as I don't rub this into my scalp. However, it's a great styler & moisturizer. Imparts great shine & managability.