October 21, 2014 | 1957 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Travel Essentials: Essential Foundation / Multi Task / Domed Shadow

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like all Real Techniques packs and individual brushes. However, I do find that each pack has a brush that I would change, huh... I love the multi task brush (the pink one)! I think it's perfect for any powder product- amazing as a brush or bronzing brush too! The foundation brush (the gold one) is OK, but I don't like flat brushed for foundation because I don't feel they are doing such a great job. However, I did find that this brush works really well with liquid highlighters and creamy blushes. The eyeshadow brush (the purple one) is too big in my opinion, but it's a great brush to have anyways. It's good if you are using only on shade of shadow and don't need to be very precised. It's great for blending! Bottom line- get it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by LilyFlowerPink

The bristles of the brush is too hard, and is basically scratching my face! I very much regret buying two sets of RT brushes. I should have just buy one brush to try.
It's such a waste of money. All the raves about RT brushes turn out to be a big lie and disappointment!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like them a lot!
Even that I have the Core collection and the Starter set, the brushes that comes with this set are a must have!
- The foundation one is great and better that the one that comes with core colection, it's bigger, so it's very good for it's purpose.
- Domed shadow is great for smuding and for base shadow.It fits perfectly.
- Multi Task is my beloved one among of all those 3. It's perfect for blush, and perfect for loose powder too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Most people say these brushes are soft but my foundation brush and domed shadow brush from this kit have super scratchy sharp bits that prick my skin. There must be an inconsistency with quality with this brand. It feels so horrible and makes my eyes and cheeks red. There are NO returns for cosmetics and tools in my country so I had to simply throw them out.

My multi task brush is super soft, so no issues there. However, the handle is VERY heavy and chunky compared to her other large brushes, it doesn't balance well in the hands and is a chore to use. It doesn't fit well in any of my brush cases. It doesn't spread powder as evenly as the Powder or Blush brush, which I prefer. If I had to pick one do-it-all powder/blush/bronze for travel I'd take the Blush Brush and leave the larger Powder Brush at home.

Pretty annoyed for paying all that money to get just one usable brush though. Retail is around US$45 US here :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- soft
- blends product well
- convenient brush holder
- no shedding

CONS

- not sold individually

COMMENTS: Great quality brushes, very affordable. I love the brush holder it comes with, as well. Below are my uses for each brush:

Essential foundation brush - foundation/concealer placement, liquid contour/highlight placement
Multitask brush - powder, blush, bronzing
Domed shadow brush - brow bone, contour nose, crease work

Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing special here.
I found this set at Winners for $16.99 Canadian and pocked it up since I heard so much hype about these brushes.
First let's start off with the multitask brush. It's recommended to be used with powder, but I find that this brush makes my powder goes on unevenly and creates a cakey look. The bristles are also too dense and stiff to pick up powder well. Instead of using this for powder, I use it to buff in my foundation. It makes the job very quick and easy since it is a relatively large brush. I get an airbrushed finish that's very even and natural. It's a little difficult to get into small parts of the face, but I use a different brush for that.
Next is the foundation brush. It really is a basic foundatiom brush, nothing special. It doesn't make my foundation streaky but it doesn't give as mice as a finish as any of my other brushes. Since it's flat, I use it to pack on powder underneath my eyes to set my concealor and keep my eyeliner from transferring.
Last is the domed shadow brush. This is probably my least favourite brush in this set. I use it with powder shadows. For laying down colour, this brush sheers it out and isn't precise enough to keep the shadow from exceeding my lid space. For putting in the crease colour, I find it lays down unevenly. For blending, it leave smy eyeshadow blotchy.
In terms of design, I think the handles as too blotchy and the choice of bristles could have been better. The bristles take forever to dry and soap doesn't rinse out cleanly.
I definately wouldn't recommend this set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really bought this for the domed shadow brush as I heard its a great concealer brush and that it is. The Ecotools Airbrush concealer brush, while also a good brush, has nothing on this. It blends concealer seamlessly and buying this whole set is worth it for this brush alone.

However the other two brushes are also excellent. The multitask brush is the perfect powder brush. I have the Real Techniques Powder brush which is incredibly soft and fluffy but its too big to get powder around my face evenly. The Multitask brush is fluffy enough to distribute powder, small enough to get powder where it needs to go.

The foundation brush was the one I though would end up in the bottom of my makeup drawer never to be seen again because I prefer the Expert Face Brush, but I found that this brush is perfect for cream or liquid highlighter. I got the idea from a Lisa Elridge video on how to highlight; she uses a similar style of brush in her technique. I use it to apply my NARS Multiple in Copacabana to the tops of my cheeks, above each brow and on the bridge of my nose. It gives a much more subtle, blended highlight than I get if I apply with my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow. Such soft brushes, I love them. This kit was about $20 Canadian at Walmart . Totally worth it . They are amazing !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this set but I don't love it like I do the Core Collection and the thing is, unfortunately I can't really put my finger on why I'm just kinda meh about this set. Perhaps it doesn't have enough of what I consider to be travel essentials for ME now that I've had a chance to try this out. I love the domed e/s brush for blending but not for application, I like the face brush but I don't particularly like the foundation brush (which I use to get a more precise powder application on certain areas of my face), I prefer the one in the core collection. I think I'm going to get Ecotools next. They seem to have more of what I'm looking for. Let's just say I'm glad got this set on sale :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great set for travels or to use at home, it's comes in a black fabric case with some extra storage for other brushes. I bought this because I really wanted the multi-task brush and I love it, this one is great for powder blushes. The foundation brush from this set can be used to apply foundation but I prefer to use it for concealer. The eyeshadow brush is nice and fluffy and transfers colors easily. This set started my RT addiction and I can really recommend it. I own and used these three brushes for months now and even after washing (with a gentle baby shampoo) these have not shed a single hair!!