October 26, 2014 | 1359 users online

Eyeliner - NARS - Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner - Rue Saint-Honoré

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product but I hate it so much with a passion. In store it was creamy and it stayed on. I noticed though that if I ran through it again to make it darker it would remove some of it off instead but I thought it was a small setback. Little did I know that this stupid eyeliner would come out in clumps when I tried it at home. My waterline looked so messy it was terrible. Yeah it lasted, but why would I want something ugly to last long? I guess it's good if you have oily skin but you could get eyeliners for a cheaper price with a crap quality like this. Sorry Nars but you've disappointed me big time and even though I bought it today I'm taking it right back tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by anpanman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the Nars Larger Than Life eyeliners....... I own the black, and the brown.
Unfortunately, this colour is very different from the two. It just doesn't last as long.
I don't understand why, perhaps the formula is slightly different? I don't know.
The other two are amazng....really lasts most of the day. The blue disappeared on me. Sad :( (the colour is absolutely gorgeous)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nala7

I really wanted to love this product. This color is spectacular - a slightly metallic dark navy blue. However, it is difficult to work with for me, it is too dry.

Pros:
Rich and highly pigmented color
Beautiful shade
Long-lasting
Smudge-proof
removes easily with eye makeup remover

Cons:
too dry to blend
tends to skip and clump when applying
difficult to apply evenly due to dryness

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Andien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say I love the way this eyeliner goes on and stays on. And at first I thought I'd found my holy grail of eyeliners. BUT, after three weeks of daily use it's FINISHED. I was actually stunned at how fast it went. Part of this is due to the AWFUL packaging. To sharpen this pencil you have to twist it up and then sharpen it in the tiny sharpener that pulls off the end of the pencil. BUT what often happens is because this pencil is so soft it breaks or gets jammed in the sharpener causing a lot of product waste. I would say I lost about an inch or so even more on breakage. I'm baffled as to why they just didn't put it in a regular wood casing--I think that would actually take care of the breaking/jamming problem. Really wanted this product to work--am gutted it didn't! But I refuse to fork out $24/ £17 (where I live) every three-four weeks!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes! I love this one. The color of Rue Saint-Honore, a shimmery navy that's dark but not too dark, is the best color of a navy eye liner I've ever seen on me! It can look great in the day and in the night.

I test drove it for the first time ever today and applied it on the train to work around 8:15 AM and it's still totally on me at 9:00 PM! And I have the oiliest of eyelids that smears and melts away practically every other liner with which I usually have to use the Nars Pro-Prime Smudgeproof eyeshadow base or MAC Paint Pot with. Nars is coming back strong, I'm telling you.

After 9 PM, there's been an ever so faint line of transfer of liner up on my upper lid of my left eye only! LOL But for my lids, that's pretty darn good and unbelievable without any shadow base underneath the liner!

I just HAVE to go back and get the Via Veneto, which is the black one, and I've heard that it's quite a dense-looking black too. Excellent! I'm thinking of maybe buying Abbey Road which is a shimmery turquoise/teal only because I look great in turquoise/teal in general. That color may look a bit more evening-y or summer-y. I'm a MAC NC45 and a Bobbi Brown Warm Almond :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by violettecyrille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these because they last the longest on my oily skin. I also own Via Appia and Bourbon Street. Compared to other long-wearing liners I own (UD 24/7 and MUFE), NARS offers the best staying power, smoothest application, and truest colors.

Rue Saint-Honoré specifically is a beautiful dark blue. It makes the whites of my eyes look very vibrant and literally doesn't move all day. I don't see smudges or migrating, which is almost unheard of for me. Application is also rich and smooth. It doesn't skip, and yet it's not so soft that I can't get a precise line. I also don't have to sharpen these as much as my UD liners so there's less waste.

All in all, this has all of the qualities I look for in a long wearing pencil liner and I don't mind the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

So beautiful! I never thought I'd sing the praises of a NARS eyeliner, but these little babies are fantastic. As for the long-wear, yes, they are. They hold up about equally to my UD 24/7 pencils and slightly less than my new Too Faced long wear pencils. Which is to say, they last an impressive length of time, and since I seal my eyeliner, I can count on this staying put.

As far as the shade goes, it is gorgeous. I have green eyes and while I do like blue eyeliners, I do NOT like electric-blue shades. They look fine on some people, but I prefer deeper blues that emphasize my eye color while still looking subtle. Rue Saint Honore is a fairly vivid shade, but still looks classy on. I'd describe it as a deep blue, with hints of indigo, that stops short of navy. It's incredibly pretty and I can't imagine there being an eye color it wouldn't flatter.

ETA: I've changed my review to say that I won't buy it again. It was almost impossible to sharpen and when the eyeliner was down to about half an inch, it fell out of the container and became impossible to use. The color and formula are lovely, so hopefully NARS goes back to bat and puts these in regular pencil form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pencil is fabulous!! Stays on ALL DAY and glides on effortlessly when applying. I love the blue/black color and it looks great with green eyes. I never really cared for Nars pencils but this new waterproof formula is great. I'm going to try another color soon. Worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an awesome product. It is a twist up pencil shaped like a pencil you sharpen. The cap on the top comes off to reveal a sharpener underneath. The packaging is amazing.

The Rue Saint-Honoré is a blackened royal blue. This is what I was hoping MAC Prussian would be. Prussian lacks the pigment and fades over the course of my day. The Rue Saint-Honoré is more pigmented and more blackened and has more of a royal blue sheen to it.

This product literally glides onto the eye, it did not skip or pull. It can be smudged if done so right away, if not it sets pretty quickly. The heat in the Southwest is unforgiving in the summer. The color has not faded in the 12 hours I have worn it. It removes well with my cleansing oil and face wash.

The colors in this eye liner collection are very pigmented. I will be purchasing more colors. I can not wait to try the Madison Avenue (it will replace my MAC Grey Utility).

The price is a little steep, but not as expensive as Armani's liners. On this you get the performance you pay for. I would purchase this over a MAC pencil liner any day (shade pending). I hope NARS comes out with a wider range of colors in the future.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No