October 20, 2014 | 1541 users online

Polishes - OPI - I Eat Mainely Lobster

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by shizznizz

This is the perfect coral for your nails!

Bought this one in Spain in the summertime during my coral-obsession. It's the perfect tone between orange and pink with a slight touch of red. It's quite a deep color and not so neon-ish, which I find perfect. It's a lot more classy that way.
I think this looks well on just about any skin-color, but I would prefer wearing this with at least the hint of a tan. My one and only nailpolish-swatch from spring to late summer.

Final summation:
It's perfection, looks even more fresh with a tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I have wanted this particular shade for a long time but I put myself on a moratorium for buying nailpolish (lol).....I caved. I wanted it and bought it. It's just such a pretty coral colour - orange and pink perfectly combined. As for OPI nailpolish, love it. Always have loved it. The combination of the quality, ease of application and gorgeous colour pigmentation is amazing. Can't knock OPI for their product. Very nice. I adore this shade and just keep staring at my hands and toes when I wear it. Love. Looks particularly good when worn with blues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite go to spring/summer colors. Definitely one of my favorite colors. Not too bright, yet not boring. I don't understand the bright/neon trend that's going on now, it's not my thing - yet it seems that's all OPI is pumping out now in their spring collections. This one, however, I can pull off. It will flatter a variety of skin tones. I added a picture of it, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

OMG!!! So beautiful! A bright coral with micro pink shimmer. So pretty and I have over 300 colors! This is a favorite. I'am going to buy another just in case they do something stupid like discontinue! If you like pale soft colors you may not like this one. It is bright but not over the top or neon. Just pretty and classy! More please! Let me just add to this blog.... This polish takes 3 coats it is a bit streaky. Love Essie's Sunday Funday best! If u like this color get Sunday Funday which has a bit more sparkle and much less streaky!! UPDATE: After wearing this for a week iam in love!!!! I have gotten so many compliments!!! Super stunning! Now this maybe the fav! Try it! Beautiful! BTW.... Kind of a dupe for Cover Girls My Papaya!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up in my quest for nice corals, which I've recently found will work well with my pale, cool complexion. This is a bright, rich coral with a subtle shimmer that's only visible in some light and if you're looking closely, but which lends some depth and interest to the finish. I can't decide if this leans more pink or more orange, to be honest, because it tends to look different in different light. In the indirect, warm light in which I spend most of my time, it seems more orange, but in outside light and more direct lighting, it tends to seem more pink. So it seems to be a nearly perfect balance of pink and orange, and that's got to be a good thing.

Good application, though the first coat is kinda streaky. By the second coat it's got acceptable opacity, but you might like to use three coats, as this tends to be sheer (I'm not that fussy about opacity, though).

This polish is quite bright, cheerful, and probably not appropriate for a conservative environment. I especially like this for pedicures, because it is so vibrant and fun.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

This is a very vibrant coral colour and I really like how it brightens up my feet. However, the application is really streaky and disappointing. Need a few coats to even it out. Otherwise, this has got to be one of my favourite colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

CUTE! This is a great color, described to me as "coral" but very much on the pink-y side. I like how it looks against my tan skin but it might just be obnoxious if it were winter and I was paler. If I can track this down I'll purchase it for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for the perfect medium shade of coral for MONTHS and this is it! It's not too pink and not too orange, just the ideal balance between the two! I didn't think it was the shade I'd been dreaming of when I saw it in the bottle, but then I used it and was surprised to discover that it was! I don't think the photo above captures it accurately - it's very hard to get it accurate in photos and the color in the bottle isn't an accurate indication of what it looks like either. I'd say that on the nails it's 1-2 shades darker than it appears in the bottle. In the bottle it also looks pinker and more sparkly. In sunlight it has a very subtle shimmer to it if you look closely, which is gorgeous and makes it appear shinier. The shimmer isn't noticeable indoors. This is a cross between a creme and a jelly/sorbet polish. I found it needed 3 coats. I used 2 coats originally and with the first coat I loved the consistency, but after doing the 2nd coat and using Seche Vite top coat I decided it looked slightly streaky so applied another coat of my base coat (CND Sticky) then I applied another coat of polish and that was obviously a secret recipe for longevity because I didn't get a single chip for more than 8 days (I'm hard on my nails and they hardly ever last more than 3 days without chipping)!!! I'll be buying a back-up bottle of this because I can predict I'll be loving it for a long time! The only reason I took a lippy off is because of the streakiness, otherwise, it would definitely have 5 from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by OpiJunkie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS! this is such a good color all year round! And in the light ; there are suprizing sparkles! This coral color is perfect for everything & the name makes me laugh! A PERFECT shade for anyone'
Love you OPI!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mum and I were offered complimentary manicures and we selected I Eat Maine-ly Lobster (Mum) and I Brake For Manicures (me).

I absolutely love Maine-ly Lobster, it a vibrant pinky coral that really catches your eye. Sadly it chipped rather soon (no dehydrator and our nails are oily, so not unexpected) and not wanting Mum to have to remove this beautiful colour I scoured through my collection to see if there was anything similar in my stash I could disguise the chips with; I remembered Orly Ole and OPI Big Hair Big Nails and dug them out...

Lo and behold, this colour is an exact dupe for Orly's Ole, you just can't tell the difference at all and even better this is almost exactly BGHN is Maine-ly Lobster in Sorbet form. Maine-ly Lobster is everything I wanted BGBN to be but wasn't, if only I hadn't already found Ole to fill the gap I'd snap it up but with two bottles of the exact colour already, I'm going to give this a miss.

I totally recommend this if you don't have anything like it in your stash, or you were disappointed with BHBN, if you have Ole, then give this a miss. I give it a 4 only because it's clearly not unique.