September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

As of right now, I wouldn't buy this again. I bought this because of another review I read here. That reviewer, like myself, had tried everything to keep her face more matte and stumbled upon this and loved it. So, knowing very well that products work differently on everyone, I decided to give it a go. At first, I loved it. I thought it was doing its job...until a week later. OMG! Horrible blackheads! I finally, after YEARS of trying different things was able to find products that kept my face clear and made my pores less noticeable. Until this! My pores were so visible and "dirty" and started getting blackheads. Like another reviewer mentioned, it did get sticky or tacky but it took several days before that became evident.
I'm done with this. I'm going to next try Eau Thermale Avene Mattifying Lotion. Heard and read good things about it and will review later. Goodbye Desert Essence :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by calicosteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product since I'm trying to wean myself off benzoyl peroxide and my research has led me to believe that tea tree oil is a good substitute. Unfortunately, this product does not seem to be doing me any benefit. The consistency is creamy and smooth and the smell does not bother me. However, it leaves my skin feeling sticky and does not control the oil on my face at all. I've also noticed an increase in blackheads since using this product. I'm thinking the amount of tea tree oil is minimal since it's listed towards the end of the ingredients list, so I'm gonna try to find something else with a higher potency (and hopefully it will actually work!)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

Feels so great on the skin at first....however, makes me super oily after just half an hour. Maybe my skin is producing more oil to compensate for the drying effects? Gross. Clogs pores. Going back to Boots Beautiful Skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I am glad I tried this out for myself and didst really read many reviews. I am so pleasantly surprised by this moisturizer. I have a very...picky skin type. I am Dry on the outside of my face (cheeks and jawline) oily through the T-Zone, acne prone, dehydrated and sensitive. I was using the Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer, which was pretty good, but being oily, my makeup just broke down to fast. I trust Desert essence because I have tried a lot of their products, and nothing has irritated or broken me out. (I also use their body and hair care as well.) So, I said screw it and ordered this on Vitacost. I have been using it for a little over a week and I am SO IMPRESSED! It has really helped balance my skin out. It moisturizes VERY well even though it is an oil control lotion. So my skin is no longer dehydrated and the dry areas are no longer and issue. My T-Zone stays "matte", well moisturized and healthy without getting greasy or oily. It wears beautifully under makeup. AND...My redness and breakouts have been drastically reduced.
Once again, Desert Essence blows me away. I highly recommend it if you have any similar skin issues. Its definitely a fantastic product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mzdynamite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am onto my second tube of this.

After much thought of a more simple & affordable lifestyle change (I was a Sephora addict for years) I attempted to go chemical free & all organic/natural. This was the first face lotion I used that was organic. I loved it because it was thick enough for my skin to get rid of dry patches, and also sensitive enough to not make me break out. It left a matte finish & really did control the oil for me, whether I used makeup on top or not.

It's surprising because my skin is usually extremely oily. I recently switched to some cr@p daytime lotion my derm gave me, and it broke me out constantly, left my skin tone uneven & greasy, and I just looked irritated all the time. When I finally switched back to desert essence, my skin calmed down & I dont' have to blot my face a million times a day anymore. It really did calm my face down. I love this stuff and best of all it's safe to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

i like this stuff! my skin tends to do better when i use natural products and ive noticed my break out have dramatically decreased with this! i have oily skin, and LADIES, yes your skin is going to produce oil all the friggin time. theres no such thing as a miracle in a bottle. but tea tree oil naturally shrink pores and oil production so i felt that this helped my skin and my tone has improved. i use this at morning and night. when i was it off from the night before in the morning i feel like it makes my skin soft! i'll buy again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product gives no shine control at all. your face is greasy and shiny in a few hours and its as if your putting a film on your face. if your skin is normal and you want a natural moisturizer that will give you moisture and no breakouts then maybe you will want to try it. definietely not for oily skin...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by zamaa

I gave this one 3 lippies because I like the way it feels when I put it on and it has a pleasant smell. However, I bought this because I have very oily skin and wanted something that would moisturize and control oil and this just didn't do that for me. After putting it on I look shiny and shortly after putting on makeup I become even oilier. This might work for non-oily people but I would not recommend it to those seeking oil control in a lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin and this lemon grass & mint scented product proved to be too drying for me. Perhaps those with oily skin would benefit from this product which contains witch hazel, corn starch and clay. Has a minty tingle which could be irritating to some skin types. You get a lot of product, a hefty 4 oz tube for the price so it is worth trying it out.