Philosophy Frosted Animal Cracker 3-in-1

4.4

I received this as a gift, and am pleasantly surprised with it. I have tried a few other Philosophy 3-in-1s and wasn't too impressed. I feared this one would smell too sugary or cloying, but it doesn't. I was thinking it was to smell like animal crackers, which it doesn't - it smells like baked goods, but not too sweet. But, then after reading the below comments, I guess there is specifically some frosted animal cookies that this is to smell like - I'd never heard of them. Lol!

I've only really used this as a shower gel, and I really like it. A little bit lathers up a lot and it is cleansing without being drying. The scent doesn't remain on te skin, which I prefer as it won't interfere with my lotion of perfume. I likely wouldn't buy this though as it's good but not amazing for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love Philosophy products and this one is no exception. This product smells so good. I did try it as all three. Prefer it more as a bubble bath or as a body wash. The smell is spot on. It was worth the money in my book.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For me some Philosophy scents are hit or miss. This was one that I actually went back and smelled a few times if I was near an Ulta or other store that sold Philosophy.

Pricing: I ordered this online since I had a deal with shipping, and 3 free mini items. Cost: $16.50 for a full size 16oz. If you can grab this online while they have deals or in-stores where you can use reward points or something then you can score this for a steal. But 16 oz for $16 means it is a little over a dollar per ounce.

Scent & Usage: The scent I must say is right on. It literally smells like those pink & white Circus Animal frosted animal cookies. If you loved this as a kid (or even now) you'll find this scent to be spot on. While I don't use this for a bubble bath or shampoo, I use it as a shower gel and you don't need much. This lathers quite well in a loofah or wash cloth. To me this scent doesn't fill the bathroom air as much as say, my favorite Sugar Sprinkles Funnel Cake but it still is nice.

For reference: http://www.philosophy.com/shower-gel/pink-frosted-animal-cracker-shower-gel,en_US,pd.html

on 7/4/2012 11:08:00 AM

I almost didn't buy this as a few other Philosophy scents that included "frosted" something I was not fond of but I'm so glad I tried this. It smells exactly like those sprinkled frosted animal crackers. Every time I smell it I am tempted to go buy some of those childhood favorite cookies. Spot on scent!

on 8/30/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My aunt lived near a Nabisco factory, and sometimes when we visited her we could smell the fresh-baked vanilla wafers permeating the air. This smells just like them! I'm not really getting much of a frosting note, which is good as I prefer to have it smell more like the crackers than frosting. I did only give this a four out of five, however, because the scent is so light - it disappears even as I'm lathering and doesn't linger in the shower, let alone on your skin. Nevertheless this is another great foody scent from Philosophy.

on 8/10/2011 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oooh this is lovely. Smells so sweet and delicious. This does smell like an animal cracker! The frosting is quite vanilla with a faint air of lemon. The bottle is so cute. Philosophy makes one of the best body wash formulas in my opinion. I also purchased the matching lip shine which I wish was more "frosted animal cracker" flavored.
UPDATE:This is amazing, perhaps one of the best ever in the 3-in1 world.I got 2 backups.It's that good!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This smells absolutely amazing in the bottle!! I'm not sure if I'm getting the "frosted animal cracker" smell though. To me, it smells like a lemon pound cake or vanilla pound cake with a lemon glaze. In the shower the lemony scent comes out more than it doesn in the bottle. I am enjoying this scent, but I don't think I would purposefully seek out a bottle to purchase in the future.