October 31, 2014 | 781 users online

Highlighters - Estee Lauder - Illuminating Powder Gelée

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow... Just WOW - I love this product!

First of all, this is my first highlighter as I used eyeshadows before, but I am pretty sure that few others can match the performance of this. The price can be a bit intimidating for people with a low budget (hell, I'm a student), but I think it was worth every cent considering how this is LE and so, so pretty and versatile!

Packaging:
The packaging is modern, but at the same time timeless. I'm kind of bummed out because I managed to scratch the cover, but it still looks pretty on my bathroom sink. And it's sturdy, no creaking or breaking, so you can easily take this with you in your purse without ruining it.

Scent:
It doesn't smell anything in particular, which is good. I hate artificial and harsh smells.

Colour and application:
I have modern mercury, which is a pretty gold/rose/peach colour, depending on the light. It can give your face a dramatic look, or a soft glow, depending on how much you use and how hard your hand is. And you can use this both wet and dry! The dry version is more a daylight look, but using it wet makes the colour darker and more glossy, and the colour becomes more of a dark, true gold. It's excellent for halloween makeup too. But since the colour change so dramaticly in the sunlight, it would be smart to check it out before you leave the house. At one occation I left the house with the highlighter on without checking, and a guy who walked by me looked at me with a stunned expression on my face. I'm not a looker (Buhu xD), so I immediatly checked out my face on my cellphone screen: I looked like a discoball! A bronze discoball! So... It may look subtle at home, but can transform into a very dramatic look in the sunlight, so be carefull!

Use:
You can use it as a highlighter on the cheekbones, or as an eyeshadow, or in the cupid bow of your lips, or ON your lips under your lipgloss to make them shimmer and stand out. I have tried it out, and it looks simply beautiful.

I won't buy this again, seeing as this is a LE and it's gonna last me a long time, but I want the one in shimmering sand if I can get my hands on it. Cameleon was a bit to much for my fair skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by YadaYada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the illuminating Powder Gelées by Estee Lauder. I have two of them, Modern Mercury and Topaz Chameleon and I'm already planning on buying Shimmering Sands, but that one isn't available yet in my country. I'm really planning on buying every illuminating powder gelée EL will release in the future. Because of the special texture there is absolutely no fall-out. When you swatch it heavily it can look too glittery, but it's absolutely not when you blend it in on your face. It just gives your face that absolutely fabulous glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Krizzzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best highlight ever, looks verynatural and gives a warm shimmer. As an eyshadow or face all over highlight!

Packaging is beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ekma2008

It really is a stunner! I dont use anything sparkling on my face because i dont like to look unnatural and too makeupy, but I didnt hesitate to buy it. It gives a beautiful gold shimmer on the cheeks, makes skin glow. And you can use it as eyeshadow. It is finely milled and it is not as dry as usual powder or blush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a limited edition highlighter from the Fall 2011 Estee Lauder collection called Modern Mercury by Tom Pecheux . This is a stunner and it's going to go fast once everyone gets a chance to see it swatched.

Estee Lauder called this a “tribrid” system of liquid, powder, and gel. It feels like powder and you can use it with a stiple brush with a light hand and get a soft shimmer or you can use the sponge applicator that comes with it (or any other sponge applicator) and get a wash of shimmer for your eyes.

It's a neutral gold, but depending on the lighting it can have rose gold, pure gold, peachy gold. If you apply it with the sponge on your eyes it's like a metallic foiled eyeshadow. No fall out.

The compact comes with mirror inside, the product is .19 oz. and the cost is 40.00 US Dollars. The top of the compact is metallic gold with the cursive EL on top in matte. Bottom of compact is clear over gold. It comes with a plastic protector for the gelee.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No