April 16, 2014 | 1810 users online

Treatments (Eye) - 100 Percent Pure - Super Fruits Eye Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I really like this eye balm, but this product requires deft application. I would not recommend wearing this during the day because there will be a very slim chance that you will actually be apply to apply makeup over it. It is quite greasy at first, but then it is absorbed. Everyone comments that this product is very grainy, which is true. I personally do not mind because the grains melt after you press the product into the skin and around the eye for a couple of seconds. It will leave a shiny ring wherever you apply it (I apply it liberally at night and save myself the headaches). Overall, I really enjoy using this product, although I am convinced that this product contains the same ingredients in the same quantities as the Super Fruits Night Balm by the 100% Pure. So be a smart buyer and stock up on that one because you get more for your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by AllieCheeks

I really love the product for bedtime! I didn't have the "gritty" issue that others did, but I warm it up on my finger tip first. Tip: for cold climates, while you are washing you face, put the sealed little container in the sink so the hot water softens it while you wash. Then it is a smooth texture when ur ready. I live in Canada and today it was -22 and the UPS guy left my package on the doorstep. Little warm water and the balm was perfect :)

Too heavy for day use for me but perfect for a night treatment :) ( the packaging does say night use only anyway :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably one of the worst eye product I have ever tried from 100% pure.
It looks like candle wax when you first open the jar. The balm feels like a solid lip balm and it's hard to scoop the content out with finger. It has a weird grainy powder, and I have to rub it hard around my eyes that already have fine lines to make it work. I stopped using it because the texture is too weird and it's extremely greasy. I end up using this balm as hand cream instead and it works great on my extremely dry hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it, it's moisturizing, but not greasy or shiny, absorbs and doesn't just sit on top of the skin; doesn't cause milia or any other problem, feels good. Applying it is a bit of a pain though. It's solid and hard in the jar, so I have to scrape some off with the back of my nail, and then smooth it between my fingers, and then pat around the eye really fast, and skin best to be damp, or it drags...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I really like to use this at night on top of my Origins
Plantscriptions eye cream, since it isn't very thick. Its hydrating and has great ingredients but its not very smooth. Its kind of gritty, so you really have to warm it up before applying it. Edit: Its making my fine lines deeper, had to stop using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by pilar118

Using this product is like being stuck on a desert island and having to use my lip balm as an under eye treatment. It is packaged in a pot and is somewhat solid, so it is difficult and unsanitary to get out with a finger. Once it is out it drags on my skin, so I try to warm it up a bit between my fingers to make it apply more smoothly. It melts on the skin once finally applied, but I don't think there are any particular benefits to the under eye area. Additionally, it is not inexpensive (I paid $24.99), so I would rather put that toward a more effective product in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update (7-24-2012): I have actually switched to the super fruits night balm as my night eye treatment. It has the same ingredients, but is not milled as finely. I no longer layer this over my regular eye cream - too much for my budget. If you like the regular SF eye balm but are looking to save a few bucks, you may not mind the trade-off in consistency.

Update (1-16-2012): I am almost finished using this little jar and just ordered a replacement. I changed how I use it and I love the new way. I put a little of this on top of my regular eye cream. I use it to seal in my Coffee Bean Eye Cream for nighttime.

Original (8-2011): Awesome. Absolutely love using this at night. It is really too oily for day for me, plus it doesn't sink in. Since I only use at night, I use a good amount all around my eyes, and I usually notice it is still there in the morning. It is the only thing I've tried so far that diminishes (or keeps diminished) lines over night. I think it might simply be keeping the skin around my eyes hydrated and hence plump, but whatever the case, I think its awesome. Feels thick on the skin.

I am acne-prone and have had no issues with this. The jar it comes in makes it a bit tricky to get the balm out since I have fingernails. I just scrape a little on the back of my clean nails and apply. It melts into warm skin, just let it sit for a little while before blending.