Stila Light Up The World

2.8

on 2/12/2015 4:41:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette! I found it at Ross for $3 and have used it so much. The colors are gorgeous. Make sure to use primer. I wish I'd could find it online because I would definitely buy it again!

on 11/9/2013 10:35:00 PM

I got this palette at a place called Burke's outlet, which is like a tj maxx or a Ross. It was only 12 dollars, and it being stila, I snatched it up cause it was so cheap. The colors are beautiful, don't get me wrong. But the instant I put my brush in any shade, it crumbles everywhere and fallout galore. It's very difficult to apply and I find myself never reaching for it due to that fact. I don't know if all stila eyeshadows are like that. I hope not. But I would skip this palette if anyone is considering buying it, no matter how cheap you find it.

on 4/30/2013 8:20:00 PM

I was sooo excited about buying my Stila Light Up The World pallette. I ordered it on starwberrynet especially for a wedding. Such a shame, the fallout was terrible, my pallette was already messy when I got it and the colour pigment was so bad that even with a primer I couldn't get solid colour. The sparkle is a little too glittery too - I was hoping for a nice shimmer but it has actual chunks of glitter in it. Yuck! Gave it to my 4 year old. Disappointing, I thought Stila was better than that :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wouldn't say its a daywear palette more an evening option thought lighter shades could be used as a highlighter during day. Has some pretty colors that are hard to find in shimmer. Pigmentation is ok, darker ones obviously are more pigmented, stayed on well for me, didn't have any issues with flaking, crumbling or fading but used darker blocks. Got it on sale at a cheap price. Reasonable quality, brush is ok, but using a professional one to apply. Don't have anything bad to say about it but nothing outstanding either, just a good reasonable product for the sale price.

on 4/25/2012 10:07:00 AM

Strawberrynet had this at 75% off so I had to snap it up, in spite of the so-so reviews. I agree that not all the colours are particularly pigmented. The lighter ones especially are a bit hit-and-miss. Some of the more bronzey and purpley colours are quite lovely and are highly pigmented. I apply these shadows over a cream eyeshadow because they stay a lot better and I don't get as much fall out when applying. I've had the lightest, the two mauvey colours and one of the bronzes on today and 14 hours later, I still have visible shadow so staying power can't be too bad.

Definitely recommend using a primer or a cream eyeshadow as a base.

on 2/9/2012 3:11:00 AM

This palette is beautiful to look at and the colours look gorgeous in the pan. Unfortunately, the quality of the actual eyeshadows is way below par...they are really dry and the pigmentation is terrible, nowhere near Stila's usual quality. Barely any colour shows up on my skin and I got crazy amounts of glitter fallout (I applied over a primer, use decent brushes etc). You can probably get better quality from any cheap, no-name, 50+ eyeshadow palette at your local discount store. I like other Stila products and really wanted to love this but it was a big disappointment.

on 1/31/2012 4:26:00 AM

I am a Stila collector. But I dont like this one. Its below Stilas average level.

Aus Review: The colours are so lovely but some of them have little staying power even with primer. Would I recommend purchasing it - yes. For $10 this is an absolute steal and not all the colours a problematic.

on 10/15/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This eyeshadow palette contains some purple and neutral shimmery shades. I thought it would be super pretty and great for everyday. Nope! Only half the colors have any pigment and the ones that are, flake and have fallout. Real waste of money!

on 8/5/2011 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous palette consisting of 10 beautiful colours.
All the colours are shimmery, smooth, super pigmented and compliments each other soo well(which I find is important in a palette). I love every single colour in this palette, every single colour is wearable for both night and day look. Beside Sugar (which is the first colour) being a shimmery white, all the other colours are different variation of browns/bronze(Light, Bronze, Dawn, Demure, Delicate and Truffle), light pinkish purple(Peaceful & Precious) and magenta(Sangria).
I've been searching for a palette consisting of some nice purples and browns to create those beautiful Fall/Autumn inspired looks, and I finally found it!
The palette itself is soo cute, being only about 12cmx4cm come with a mini double ended brush that I find is the only useful brush I've found in any palette at all, one missing thing only is a mirror (dont know what the people at Stila was smoking when they released a palette without a mirror!). The palette itself came with a mini booklet of ideas of looks that you could create with this palette, I've tried them all, and I love each look soo much!
I got this palette online, including shipping it was about $20USD, to me it worth every penny! I tried searching for it in Australia, but cant find it anywhere.

Popular Palettes