October 24, 2014 | 1209 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - ruby star

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A REAL DRUGSTORE GEM, THIS ONE IS!!

This is a pink red that's good for cool skin tones. In natural light, it looks more red, but in direct sunlight one can see the fuschia tones. It is not vampy either and looks good when I'm pale nw30 or tan nw40.

This lasts all day

Feels extremely nourishing, rich, and creamy

No taste, no fragrance. If I really put it right next to my nose, then there is a slight lipstick smell.

I usually wear high-end stuff and this works as well as MAC lipsticks (without the yummy vanilla taste) or other good lip products. And it's much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love Maybelline's Color Sensational lipsticks. They are really my favorite lipsticks of all, and they are so reasonably priced. I have quite a few of them.

I was looking for a red lipstick. I wanted a deep, rich red. This looked absolutely perfect in the tube. I was excited to get home and try it on. On me, it's not red. It's more of a rose. Not like a red rose, but when lipsticks are called rose, that kind of color. There is glitter in it, but for once, I don't have an issue with that. It doesn't look glittery at all when it is on, but when you take it off, you see glitter specks left on your lips. So anyhow, I was really let down that this isn't red for me. I even asked people at work what color they would call the lipstick that I was wearing, and nobody thought it was red. When I showed them the tube, they agreed that the color in the tube and the color on my lips were not the same. I wish I could find one that is the color in the tube, because it is so beautiful.

As far as the formula, it is as wonderful as all of the other Color Sensationals I have bought. They are rich and creamy, not drying in the least, and they have amazing staying power.

I will buy more of these, but would not repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Beautiful rich ruby red with slight golden shimmer.

Not too dark on my fair skin color (dark lip colors can easily make me look dead or goth-like .... Not the look I'm going for!). But Ruby Star manages to be deep/rich in color, yet still vibrant and uplifting and alive! Makes my lips look fuller. Very sexy color. :)

I apply by adding a tiny bit of clear gloss/chapstick (actually it's "Smith's Rosebud Salve") to my lips first to make sure they are smooth and soft, then I apply 1 swipe of Ruby Star. Rub lips together and ... Perfect!

Love! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jamie00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, Maybelline makes my favorite drugstore lipsticks. They are long wearing and moisturizing. I really like this red. I've gotten a ton of compliments wearing it. It's a deeper bold red but even on my fair freckled skin it brightens my face and it's very easy to wear during the day. The light amount of shimmer keeps it from looking flat or vampy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really surprised to like this lipstick so much. I had decided to try wearing REDS after seeing a photo of my sister looking good in red lipstick. I went to the drugstore and got a few kinds to try. So far THIS is the WINNAH. It is a wine-red, maybe has a little purple in it, but apparently just the right amount. I am surprised how good it looks on me, and also at the fact that somehow it seemed to stay on just as well as a different lipstick that is SUPPOSED to be long wear, but somehow isn't. There is a sweet little sparkle to this color, but it isn't too much. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by jennibell72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am still a little chicken when it comes to wearing red lipstick so I felt a little more comfortable with this color since it does have some glitter in it. I swatched all the Maybelline reds and Ruby Star was my first choice. I have to say I get TONS of compliments on this lipstick. I wear this lipstick with a flesh colored eyeshadow and black eyeliner only on my top eyelid with a slight wing. Throw on some black mascara and you have a very elegant but not overdone look that can be worn anywhere. I am very picky about scent/taste and there is nothing offensive about this formula. The lipstick is very long wearing for a non-matte formula and resists feathering quite well. I have extremely dry lips all year round and do not find this formula overly drying. I put it on sparingly and then kind of smudge it out with my fingers to give me more of a wash of red on my lips. I am pretty pale (usually get the lightest or second lightest foundation colors) with pink undertones and really have to be careful with wearing the wrong red lipstick. This red is a nice blue based red with some pinkish undertones with a little bit of added interest with the tiny glitter particles. Overall I would say for a drug store brand this lipstick can definitely hang with my high end lipsticks and at this price point, I can have as many as I want! For a drugstore brand, it doesn't get much better. I'm going back for the Red Revival.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ruby star is a dark red that is verry vampy!there is a little gold shimmer in it,really pretty,brings a subtle shine! Love the texture,soft and creamy,last long,moisturizing! Go well with a soft nude eyes or with a plum,black,grey,nude,white eye shadows. Love it!