January 26, 2015 | 1912 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 10:58:00 AM More reviews by PureSimple

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Splurged and bought 2 of these based on MUA reviews. (Rose Gold and Grey Pearl) I have hooded eyes and dry skin. I've been smokey eye challenged until I tried these. So easy to use. I put the product directly on my finger first and use my finger to lightly apply to my lid and crease. Then I use the product on it's edge to line my lower lash line. After the lid sets, I add a second coat in the outer corner and lightly line my lash line with a grey pencil. Very simple and lasts all day. I don't use a primer, but I don't have oily lids either. Want to buy amethyst next. These are amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Liviy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best cream eyeshadow product I have ever tried. The colors are beautiful, they blend well amongst powders and other creams. No complaints. Amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 7:22:00 PM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If any of you can still spot the limited edition set for these sticks (whether it's the 6 pieces or quartet set),grab it and head to the cashier NOW. This is the one set that has made me send my urban decay naked palettes into semi-retirement,it's that crazy. I picked it up based on Temptalia's recommendation and have not looked back since.

Pros:
+Super creamy
+Very easy to apply; just 'scribble' on eyelid and blend (I use Sigma E40 from my Bunny travel kit)
+Highly blendable, especially for darker colors.
+After it sets, refuses to budge
+Very portable,I can grab a bunch and throw it onto a cosmetic case for travelling
+Lovely colors
+Long-lasting

Cons:
-Regular priced ones are hella ex in my country!
-Takes a bit of time to set : this can be a pro or a con (gives u time to blend,but u must resist blinking too much to prevent fallout. Nothing crazy that a little loose powder under the eyes can't fix though!)

About the colors- this is what makes me think the set is a must-buy- here they are:

1) Rosegold: light pinky beige. Perfect for inner-corner highlight
2) Moonlight: light taupe. Good for day look allover lid color
3) Amethyst: based on so many reviews here on this color I had really high hopes for this one. Abit disappointed it doesn't show a touch of mauve/ violet on me, more like a darker taupe color. Still nice though.
4) Copper: this is the surprise favorite for me! Its a lovely gold on my warm (NC25-30) skin. I've been using it as overall lid color or in the middle eyelids for a warm smokey look
5) Khaki: surprisingly wearable khaki green
6) Cocoa: another favorite,perfect for warm smokey eye look. Dark brown.

All the colors stated have shimmer - slight shimmer that doesn't show up much for khaki and cocoa, more obvious shimmer for the rest.

In summary: this product is great. So great that I'm afraid for my wallet when I run out,I know I'll be grabbing at least a couple of colors in full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cannot sing my praises enough for these eyeshadow sticks! I'm so incredibly eyeshadow challenged and this product makes eyeshadow application such a breeze. I use these specifically for creating a smokey eye look, which I still have yet to master with traditional powdered eye shadows.

The staying power is amazing considering I don't even need to use an eyeshadow primer with this AND I have oily eyelids (no creasing!). This product is so versatile in terms of color pay-off; you can create a light wash of color by just applying a dab of the product or you can really press and layer it on to create a rich opaque look. The shimmer/pearl in this is really subtle too... it's not completely matte but definitely not too pearly and doesn't read as sparkly (of course I can't speak to the lighter colors like Rose Gold and Sugar Frost as I haven't used those). The texture/finish is really what makes this product amazing --- it gives a multi-dimensional (monochromatic) look all with just one color, so if I'm in a rush, I can just swipe on one color/product and look like I used at least 2-3 different products.

My favorite way to use this is with my fingers. I find that the warmth of fingertips helps keep the dryish cream texture more pliable until you are ready to let it set (and it does set fairly quickly). I still need to use a clean eyeshadow blush to blend out the edges but majority of the eyeshadow application is with my fingers.

Another pro? Love how travel friendly this is.

I have this in Khaki (my favorite), Cocoa and Plum. I'm considering adding Amethyst and some of the other neutrals to my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I love LM Caviar Sticks! I purchased one for my mother earlier this year when she requested a stick eyeshadow but didn't even think to try these myself until I was on the hunt for a new eyeshadow base and saw the Sephora mini quartet set. I've tried these in Rose Gold, Moonlight, Cocoa, and Amethyst, and Rose Gold is hands-down my favorite. I use it as an eyeshadow base and my eye makeup looks perfect all day without any creasing.

These blend easily and have a short period of time before they dry/set. They layer well with each other or with eyeshadow on top. Most of them have an understated shimmer which gives the eyelids a luminous quality, although Moonlight has a bit more chunky shimmer than the others I've tried.

I'm so glad I tried these and will now use them as an eyeshadow base instead of UDPP!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kreamsoduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are truly fantastic cream eye shadows. I have very oily eyelids and these are one of the few products I can use without a primer and that won't crease. These are fantastic by themselves or with other products layered on top. I primarily use these alone on days when I'm rushing out the door because they are so easy to use and you can apply them straight out of the tube and then use either a brush or your finger to blend them out. I will definitely be repurchasing these when I finish them. I have Amethyst, Rose Gold, Moonshine, Sand Glow, and Cocoa - all are gorgeous colors. I do wish there were some more matte color options but all of these have a nice shimmer, without being too glittery. These have earned a permanent spot in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These Laura Mercier caviar sticks are crazy expensive ($28)! But they're worth it if you have dry, aging, or crepe-y eyelids and gel or cream eyeshadows work for you. These are the first cream eyeshadows that don't crease on me, even if I wear them all day. I purchased them in amethyst and cocoa and got a free one in steel from Macy's (buy two, get one free). And I like them in that order. I have green eyes, dark brown hair, and medium light skins and the amethyst looks amazing paired with MAC's cream color base in shell. I needed to have a photograph taken for work and my eyes really popped with this perfect for daytime look. The cocoa looks good also, but is pretty dark so I use a brush to really blend it in. Steel does not flatter me. On my eyelids, it's kind of an 80s blue eyeshadow look. I can't return it, so will keep playing with this color to see if it will somehow work. All three apply smoothly and are fairly matte (no glitter or frost).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Noorhesham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am literally obsessed with this product! It's so easy and saves you so much time! It goes on smoothly and blends perfectly and after it sets it won't budge it's amazing for those whom struggle with eyeshadow fallouts and honestly perfect for me I would absolutely buy this product again! They come in 10 colors for night looks, smokey eyes, natural looks and also pops of color. Sugar Frost- a tan beige shimmer Moonlight- a metallic champagne Rose Gold- a rose gold shimmer (perfect for spring time) Amethyst- a soft mauve with pearl Orchid- a lavender shimmer Plum- a dark purple Tuxedo- a matte black (perfect for a on the go smokey eye and allows you to build up the intensity to your preference). Khaki- a neutral taupe with pearl Cocoa- a chocolate brown with a bronze pearl. Sand glow- a soft bronze shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These aren't easy, smudge-and-go liners for me. Unfortunately, they crease and smudge badly on me, unless I use a base. Too bad powders adhere better to my eye primer than the LM Caviar Sticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Damroka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, I'm allergic to this formula. I love the product but it makes my eyes red, especially if I put it below the lower lash line (even a little bit). If you don't have sensitive eyes, it's worth a try. I had it in taupe and amethyst—both gorgeous colors. Very creamy & slick (must be loaded with silicones), it's not too flashy, but still great color payoff. I'm in my forties & I liked this b/c it had some sheen, but didn't emphasis crepey-ness at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No