August 22, 2014 | 1101 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Larger Than Life

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by kattay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff. But it's not as good as my Buxom Lip Polish.
This stuff has a weird stickiness to it, but I don't really mind it. It doesn't make my lips dry. The applicator is weird though. It's an incredibly small brush. I don't know if that's the case with the full size though... I got Gold Digger in a set and while it's not my favorite shade I would definitely buy a full size in a shade i like.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love, love, love Nars Turkish Delight so I wanted to try another one of their lipglosses. I picked up a tube of Larger Than Life gloss in "Norma" from Sephora last week and hate it. I should have stuck with the regular formula, but I liked the shade of red. Or at least I thought I did. In the tube it looks like a pretty, deep red but goes on like a stain resulting in a berry sort of color on my lips. It also settles into lines. Not a fan of the little brush applicator either. Overall a very disappointing purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for NARS Larger than Life Lipgloss in 413 BLKR, which is a blue-based, bright red boutique exclusive to the NARS Bleecker Street Boutique in NYC. I really like this lipgloss and wouldn't hesitate to test another color based on my experience with this one. It comes in a plastic squarish tube with a small, precise brush and rubberized black cap. The gloss doesn't have any discernible scent, which is nice if you care about sensitivity to fragrance. I prefer my upscale lipglosses to have a scent, but it's not a deal breaker.

What I liked most about this gloss is that is never dried out my lips and I could use it when my lips weren't in tip top condition. I could slap it on and it would look good even on dry, flaky lips. I found that the coverage was good, too, not completely opaque, but a good, solid dose of pigment. It's a thick stickier gloss, but not goopy, and feels comfortable and cushiony on the lips. I can't remember it bleeding, either, which is common with pigmented lipglosses. The brush with the little head provided good precision, but it does take a couple dips to cover your whole lips.

I wore it practically every day for work (lasted a few hours each time) and it took me a few months to use it up. It did start to separate a little by the end of the tube, but I was about to chuck it out anyway, so no big deal. I was annoyed that I couldn't get the last centimeter's worth of gloss out because the wand didn't reach all the way down, so one star off for that. Overall, a very good gloss. I would recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I purchased Gold Digger from the Spring 2014 collection. On my pigmented lips it look like I sucked all the grease out of a piece of fried chicken. There was a slight plastic taste and smell and the applicator was a grand smokin' mess. No,no,no this baby is going back asap.lol

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I just discovered this lip gloss last weekend, and I fell in love. I bought the color "Candy Says" which is described as a shimmery strawberry pink, but I dont think it is. It is not a bright pink color. To me it is a beautiful light-medium pinky peach color with shimmer. It is almost exactly the same color as Nars lipstick in "Sexual Healing" except the lipstick has more frost. Both the Sexual healing lipstick and this gloss in Candy says are my HG colors for my NW25 skin tone. Would highly recommend. The only thing I dont care for is the tiny brush applicator! But overall, I love and would like more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the shade coeur sucre and I love it. I like the color, not super pigmented but pigmented enough to deposit a true colour. It's very very high shine! That's what I love! Very seductive looking. Last long and I kinda like how thin it applies with a thick texture. Unlike some glosses that are thick and goopey. The brush is tiny so i have to apply it for a while with my big lips but other than that and the price it's perfect

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine had this in her bag on New Years Eve and she let me try it out. Like her, I layered it over NARS Amsterdam (she inspired me to get that lipstick as well), and the result was a more stunning, shimmering, warm oxblood lip than I'd ever been able to create before. I knew I had to have it.
Apart from the color, the first thing I noticed was how thick this gloss is, which I prefer to thinner glosses. Being that my lips are prone to feathering, a thicker, stickier gloss formula is a bit of a must. With this gloss, I find that when worn over liner and a long-wearing lipstick, I don't experience much feathering (there's a tiny amount, but nothing a clear liner around the edge of my lips won't fix in the future), and it lasts for quite a long time. I wore it for about four hours until I removed it before bed, and it was still quite shiny and pigmented. In fact, it seemed to help my lipstick stay on longer.
It doesn't seem to dry my lips out at all, which is a plus, since the wrong formula can do some major damage to my sensitive lips.
As I mentioned, the color is gorgeous. It's a terrific deep burgundy laced with warm shimmer. It does not pull cool against my skin tone, so it definitely keeps the burgundy hue when applied, rather than turning to burgundy like many other deep red glosses. This is truly a warm shade, perfect for the colder months.
The packaging is pretty standard. NARS doesn't go crazy making their packaging look ornate, and I prefer the simplicity. The brush applicator is a bit too stiff and small for my liking, but it's not unusable. I would prefer a more flexible brush, or a standard doe-foot applicator, but it's a small detail.
The price is hefty at $26, but for the life of me, I cannot find a decent dupe of this color and formula. Would I repurchase? Perhaps, if I don't ever find a good dupe.

EDIT: Tried it for the first time on its own, and it was so hard to apply evenly. When I pressed my lips together at all, it clumped up around the edges of my lips and it looked ridiculous. Darn. It's perfect over a dark red lip color, but I'm not really into the idea of having a lip gloss that serves only one purpose. I returned it and bought Buxom Diamond Lips in Starr, and it works beautifully on its own, or over a multitude of lipsticks (I already tried it). Sad - I was really feeling the NARS gloss at first...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I absolutely love NARS, it is my favourite makeup brand but these glosses are a let down. I have them in the shades 'Born this Way' and 'Gold Digger'. Born This Way is a pretty light pink shade with bluey undertones which unfortunately doesn't show up on my lips at all since my lips are a very bright papaya colour on their own so it shows up as a clear gloss. Gold Digger is also a pretty shade that doesn't really show up on my lips (looks like a clear shimmer) and while it may work nicely for someone who has less pigmented lips, an exact dupe for this shade is Maybelline's Almond Crush lipgloss and the formula of the Maybelline one is WAY nicer and the packaging is high end-esque too! Since I do have pigmented lips, I'm not really judging these lip glosses more on the colours but on the formula. This lip gloss is thick, get-caught-in-your-hair, unpleasant-to-kiss-with sticky. I just find the feeling of these glosses absolutely unbearable on my lips and when I go to eat or kiss my lovely man, it feels absolutely disgusting. For the prices of these glosses, I am quite disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had gone to Sephora to treat myself to some of the classic Nars lipglosses when this formula caught my eye and I tried it on. The little brush is obnoxious to use but I really liked that this formula is thicker and tackier in texture than the classic formula. It also has better color payoff and I like the stickiness because it lasts longer. One major plus is that is fragrance free, which is important to me because I have sensitivities to fragrances. Another thing I noticed is that my chronically dry lips got a lot better when I started using these lipglosses. I don't know if its the formula or the lack of fragrance is keeping them from getting chapped but that's a huge deal to me, so much that I will be definitely be getting more of these. So far I have Odalisque which is a beautiful light melon shade, and Paris Follies, a pretty warm pink.

Edit: I bought two more. Piree, a very naturally looking nude pink similar to the regular Nars lipgloss in Chihuahua, and Viva, a classic warm rose shade somewhat similar to Dolce Vita.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got the color 'spring break' in sample size. Its light- beige and super sticky. It flakes on me so I mix this with my other glosses so its not soo gooey. The brush is like a tiny Q- tip perhaps designed for precise application. Glad i got to try this small sample instead of splurging... didnt like the thick texture, color and flakiness. Wont purchase.