September 3, 2014 | 1326 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Duo in Macadamia

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Every year, I get roped into after-Christmas sales shopping at the mall with my family, and every year, I somehow get talked into buying one of these tubs for $5, and then they sit in my skincare product basket for half a year until I guilt myself into using them up. Well as of now, I'm breaking the cycle. No more overpriced body butters for me!

It didn't used to be this way. In high school and early college I couldn't get enough of TBS. Now I'm just kind of irked by how long it takes for the body butters to soak in and how needlessly sweet all the scents are. The amount you get is laughable for the (normally) stupidly high prices. Rubbing this stuff on my body, feeling the dreaded sticky after-texture trapped between my thighs for the next hour and wrinkling my nose from the very un-macadamia-like but very sugar-cookie-with-possibly-a-few-macadamias-like scent that refused to fade, I finally realized that I never wanted to do this again. Ever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this body butter duo. First, the scent is amazing. It's a slightly sweet, nutty scent that lingers on the skin a bit without overpowering any scent you might apply over it. Second, it's really, really moisturizing. The thicker side, designed for dry skin, is what I like to use on my legs, especially after I've just shaved, and they feel soft, smooth, and super hydrated. This side does require some heating up in the hands as it is extremely thick, but once you've rubbed it between your hands it glides onto the skin quite easily, and a little bit goes a long way. It's not so thick that it's difficult to get out of the container either --- simply scoop it with your fingers. The normal side is what I use for the rest of my body, and again, a little bit goes a long way. It's moisturizing enough for the rest of my body, and it absorbs a little bit more quickly than the one for dry skin. I gave one of these to my mom, and she absolutely loves it. She normally hates body moisturizers because they feel greasy to her, but she said this one absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all, and she likes the scent as well. I would definitely repurchase this product, and I recommend it to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by xoxlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't really like this duo body butter. the side for extra dry skin was really thick, when i tried working it into my skin i had a hard time because of the thickness of this product. this body butter wasn't very moisturizing. I like to use body lotion or butter right when i get out of the shower and because this product is very oil base i felt like the product was just sitting on my skin. even when i waited for my skin to be dry after showering this product just wasn't absorbing. as for the normal skin side i felt like it was like one of the sunscreens that takes forever to absorb and you have to keep rubbing it in. also it ran out fast to, for its original price i don't think its worth buying. so for me this product was a bust.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I almost died of joy when I saw this for $6 at my TJ Maxx! I heard they were normally $18-$20, and I've been wanting one FOREVER, so of course, I picked one up immediately. Mine was in the "Vanilla" scent, and I have dry skin, even in the summer, so I was thankful for the "dry skin" half. The packaging is alright, I guess. It looks a bit hard to get some of the product out of the corners, though. The dry skin balm is VERY thick, but it absorbs faster than the normal skin balm. My only complaint is that the scent smells more like sunscreen than vanilla, but I'm hoping that will wear off. Overall, a good product that I would repurchase, but in a different scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Weird smell. Yuck. Lesson learnt not to buy without trying! 3 tubs bought just because they were super cheap and usually I like the butters. How could you go wrong with macadamia or so I thought. Gave one away, swapped one for Shea, and now have thankfully used up other. I put some one the othee night and my boyfriend commented 'gross what is that smell'. On opening the tub I thought it must be 'off' so went into a store to try their tester and was surprised to learn that it smelt the same. How could people actually like this? It lingers on clothes too. Try before you buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Picked this up at Marshall's for $5. It has a nice warm scent that lasts for a few hours on my skin. I enjoy the thicker cream more that the other. It absorbs into my skin fairly quickly compared to the normal skin side. The packaging is inconvenient. This is an ok product that I will probably not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do love the duality of this product, the shape of the packaging (almost a yin &yang shape) makes it really difficult to get the last 1/4 of product out of either side. Grr... Also, I don't think you need 50/50 of the butter and the salve. I'd say it would make more sense to do 75% and 25% respectively. At this point I have used all the butter and I've had a half-empty portion of salve just sitting around for two months. I like to use the salve on my knees and elbows, but it feels stupid not to have the matching butter for arms and legs, shoulders, chest etc. This is why I haven't used up the last few (hard to reach) corners of the salve, because I won't repurchase the butter to match and I don't like wearing multiple scents at once. Oh, and also for the fact that this smells a bit saccharine to me. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a decent moisturizer, but my review is for the scent. I expected a warm, comforting fragrance, but there is a harsh, sharp cinnamon note that ruins the whole thing. I didn't smell the cocoa butter and vanilla that the other reviews mentioned.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LD3

I recently bought this on clearance for $3. For the price I bought two full size tubs and wasn't sure what to expect. When I opened it, I was pleasantly surprised. It smells just like the other reviewers have stated. A little bit nutty, with hints of vanilla. I mixed both sides of the tub on to my hands and they felt amazing! Very moisturizing and didn't feel heavy or greasy. My boyfriend loves the scent on me (which is a plus). I found a new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am not a big fan of TBS body butters, because most of them usually don't seem to work on me, they leave my skin feeling greasy and gluey and don't absorb that well. I bought this one just because I fell in love with the smell. It is very warm, comforting scent and it grows on your skin when you apply it. I also love that the butter, surprisingly, doesn't feel sticky on my skin. It moisturizes quite well and I just feel so good and pampered when I put this on after shower. I wish TBS continues to launch more products with Macadamia scents.