Salvador Dali - Purple Lips Sensual

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

3 stages to this. First, initial spray gives a quick wave to the exact blackcurrant & yuzu accord I find in Sea & Sun in Cadaques, which I also love. Cheerful, and reminds me of the summer to come. The second stage, lasting around 30 minutes is a warm and sensual Cinnamon buns with vanilla creme and fruit compote.

Then, it dries down to a cool and delicate powder-spice floral. Even though it opens juicy and spicy, it settles down to spending most of its time ladylike and reserved. So thats how I use it. It reminds me of the drydown for Bulgari BLV Eau de Parfum II. Or what the German made Jil Sander No. 4 tried to do but failed (its thin and empty). What these three all have in common is a drydown of balmy Violet, and Dry Woods, Patchoulli and Amber in the lower notes.

This style I'd describe as warm, elegant, and feminine-but-self-possessed. She has the bright and sensual opening that adds a playful, youthful and modern aspect. Knows how to enjoy herself but has no need to try too hard to impress others or be obviously sexy. I wear this type of fragrance in the in-between weather. A quiet yet interesting companion for the cooling Autumn months, or when the spring is warming up spring blooms are not yet underway. A promise of exciting things to come. Of things saved up, and very soon, the time to spend is coming!

Lasting power for Purple Lips Sensual isn't as much the 8 hours the reviewer before me - I get around 2 - 3 hours. For me I find it as lasting or cooly restrained as BLV EDP II, but one in the same family that performs well for a comfortable price.

Top Notes - Black Currant, Freesia, Violet, Nutmeg, Pepper
Heart Notes - Vanilla Orchid, Cinnamon, Somalian Opponax/Incense
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Amber, Patchouli

This one lives up to it's name---"Sensual" is definitely the moniker for it.

From the first spray I am enveloped in a heady cloud of black currant, freesia, and a hint of cinnamon that quickly warms into a rich, resinous, opoponax-amber sensual blend...it wafts around me, lingers sensually, and makes me feel divine. The drydown is still all opoponax, sandalwood, amber, and a hint of patchouli that is just creamy and sexy and lovely. This COULD be too heavy for a hot summer day (maybe just a half spritz for that!) but I can see it being suited for fall/winter, or a sexy night out. It is still going strong at 8 hours on me and I can see it lingering for at least another 2-3 in this soft, sweet, resinous cloud of delight.

A++ ---my first Salvador Dali scent, and it's a WINNER.
(crosspost)