February 28, 2015 | 2127 users online

Hair - Shea Moisture - Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2015 9:22:00 PM More reviews by poojad614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I use this as a styler for my curly hair and it give my curls so much definition! I use the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Styling Milk or the Yucca & Baobab Thickening Growth Milk to moisturize my hair before I go in with the smoothie. My curls are so bouncy and holds all day long! Not to mention it smells like pina coladas! This is my holy grail and a must for all my curlies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ChantellAshley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My search for the perfect styler/leave in conditioner for my 3c/4a hair is complete =-). I use this EVERY time I wash my hair because I am an avid protective styler and will leave my hair alone in that style for 3weeks tops. When it's time to take down my hair it still smells amazing and feels like I moisturized it yesterday when really it was 2-3 weeks ago. I swear by this stuff, my search is over!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2015 5:08:00 PM More reviews by missyazuli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm very on the fence about this product. Mainly because the last time I tried using this product by itself, and let it dry, it left my hair feeling dry and crunchy. Probably because of the silk protein in it.

If your hair is protein sensitive, do be wary about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works very well on my daughters very curly hair. Gets rid of all tangles and knots and air dries to perfect tendril curls

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best all-in-one hair moisturizer and styler that I have tried since I've been natural (almost 12 years!) It is a thick, creamy product that comes in a jar, which I think is appropriate for products of this consistency. There is a light, floral scent with a hint of coconut; I don't notice it at all once my hair has dried. I use on freshly washed hair, applying a generous amount and smoothing it down my hair in three or four sections. I smooth a bit on the edges and fluff my hair, and I am done with my wash-and-go.

In real life, people have complained to me that this product can cause buildup on their hair. I avoid this by only applying on freshly washed, damp hair, and not reapplying until I wash again. I refresh my style on subsequent days by showering without a cap, fluffing my hair with wet hands, and/or spraying on some SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist. I can go 3-4 days with this daily routine along with sleeping with a satin bonnet.

This is a product that I have recommended again and again to people with hair similar to mine. I have 4a, thick, below-brastrap , color-treated hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Missmartinez1014

I simply cannot live without this. The scent to start is absolutely amazing. My hair smells great and is soooo moisturized after applying this. My hair takes on this silky soft texture and I haven't found anything this great without making my hair greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for me because it's hard to find a product that gives you good curl definition, but doesn't also dry your hair and way it down. This is a light product that I sometimes layer with other things such as a gel or an oil. It makes my curls very defined and not hard or crunchy at all. By the second day it is dry, but my hair is naturally very dry so I can deal with that. As for the smell to me it is overly fruity and if you're sensitive to products with a lot of fragrance you should probably stay away. For me it lingers on my hair for 2-3 days which I don't mind. It is a pretty expensive product but all Shea Moisture products are. The jar it comes in is huge and has lasted me months and so that balances out the hefty price I think.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Catitude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype over this product. Yes, it smells wonderful and really seems to make my frizz & curls clump beautifully into ringlets but after wash day, I have patches of frizz in my hair. It's only moisturizing for the first day. It also leaves a waxy film on my hair afterwards. Luckily, I didn't buy this and a $3 off coupon was used so it was a good deal. I'll finish it just because it wasn't terrible and I don't like half-full bottles/jars taking up space underneath my sink.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by michelle2421

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love this product. Omg my 3b curly fine, thin, colored hair. My hair has been dyed every color and only survived because of this conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I didn't find this product to be particularly moisturizing and the scent was heavy and lingering. Overpoweringly sweet and fruity, I didn't care for it and it turned me off this product altogether.
But it didn't do much for my hair anyway. I was looking for something to add to my dry hair when I need a little added moisture, especially on the ends. The search continues.
Wouldn't buy this again.