October 25, 2014 | 891 users online

Blush - Shu Uemura - P Soft Peach 530

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

WOW. Ok, to start with I'm Asian with light-medium skin with a natural flush to my cheeks (as well as a little redness from Retin A). This blush is BEAUTIFUL. It's the perfect mix of yellow and pink for me. With most higher end American blushes (*cough*deepthroat*cough*), I have to be really really really careful to use a light hand and apply color evenly. Otherwise I either look slapped or blotchy. But not this one. This comes out as the prettiest peachy-pink flush, though I think it would be more peach and less pink if you don't have pink in your cheeks already.

Like other reviewers have said, Shu blushes are NOT crazy pigmented like the NARS blushes. I think this has to do with the fact that girls in Asia like to keep their makeup natural and fresh looking as opposed to "sexy" or provocative.

I personally LOVE that these blushes aren't too pigmented, because I can really control how much color goes where. Using a denser brush applies the color more heavily. Using a lighter brush like an ELF blush brush or Stila #1 blush brush will give you a lot of control over how much you want to feather out the color. Natural flushes are FEATHERED, with gradual gradient around the edges.

Now, the single downside: WTF is with the (lack of) packaging??? I ordered from the Shu website, and when they say "refill" they literally mean "refill." (BTW there's only "refills" and empty compacts) There IS NO packaging. I think they used to use the cheap clear hard plastic case with "shu uemura" printed on it, but now it's literally in a thin plastic...thing (not a compact, not a box, like a...holder?) that's clearly meant to be disposable; the blush is meant to be taken out and put into one of their separately sold compacts (like $10?). There's no text on the front at all, and the back is just printed text with ingredients etc. Seriously, Shu? I pay $18 for a tiny 1x2 inch pan of blush about as thick as a nickel, and you can't even give me a real plastic holder? I think there's about as much product as in a Make Up For Ever blush ($19) but those actually come in a compact!! You can actually take them places!

....But who am I kidding? I'm probably just going to end up buying like 3 more colors and a compact anyway..................

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

p soft peach 530 is a pinky peach blush. it creates a very natural glow on your cheeks. needless to say, i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my first Shu blush and I purchased it in stores to get a good sense of color, texture and pigmentation :D

Shu blushes come in two finishes denoted by the 'M' (matte) or 'P' (pearl), and I chose a 'pearl' finish because I wanted a glow but still with color. This blush is perfect for that. If you are looking for a pigmented blush - the Shu Glow On Blushes are not for you. (Shu does have a more pigmented series of blushes/bronzers called Glow On Shadow and Accent.)

Bearing that in mind, Soft Peach 530 creates a perfect glowy light peach flush on my cheeks. The 'glow' does not overpower the pigment nor does the finish come out not reflective enough. I am around an NC37 and 530 shows up on my skin as a touch of not-too-pink-but-not-orange peach..in other words a perfect peach IMO haha. As for the shimmer, you can see little shimmer particles in the pan of blush but they don't seem to be noticeable once on your cheeks. Instead, the shimmer becomes a sheen on skin thus casting a 'glow'.

I won't address how long this blush lasts, since I think that determining 'lasting quality' for a powder product varies from person to person depending largely on how you applied the product, your skin type, and generally the environment that you wear the product in, instead of the actual powder itself...But a word of advice in terms of application: if you are medium skin toned like me, you may have to compensate the not-very-pigmented formula of Shu Glow On Blushes with a denser brush. If you use a fluffy brush you will spend a long time in front of your mirror trying to get any color pay off (like I did when I first used it).