November 28, 2014 | 1874 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Urban Decay - The Revolution Eyelash Curler

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow, this a revolution all right if revolutionary means slicing your gd eyelashes off :/. What a piece of over priced junk. RUN away from this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this thing. I almost returned it but went on the UD site to look at the tutorial and went OHHHH thats how it works It took about 2 weeks to get used to and now I can not live without. It was very scary at first but I got the hang of it. I only used to use the Shu one but stopped once I had to order it online.
Pros: So many replacement sponges, you will have them forever.
Curls really well and holds it for awhile.
So easy to get every last lash.
Cons: Huge learning curve
Side Note: 1. Do not ever use once mascara is already on, it will end bad.
2. Curl before liquid liner or it will end bad if not completely dry
3. Do Not ever try after a few beers,,,I am sure you can imagine.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by superbubu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this eyelash curler does not curl my eyelashes.

and my eyelashes are usually easily curled.

the spring on the top of the curler is very scary.

Due to the fact there are so many leverage on this eyelash curler,
you must be very careful when u let it go.
otherwise, tragic accidents might happen.
I have very strong lashes, but i can imagine people might lose lots of lashes if they take the curler away too fast.

This is not traditional curler.
It takes a few more micro seconds to let go your lashes.
This design is not that safe.
And think about what will happen after people use it for a few more month.
The spring and the leverage screw become jiggly and the chance of people pull off their own eyelashes greatly increases.

overall, good thinking, but bad design, and dangerous to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by spoonleg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WORST PRODUCT EVER!!! I owned this curler for several months, and though I was not pleased with it, I continued to use it because I'll be damned if I'm throwing away something THAT expensive without getting my money's worth. BIG MISTAKE.

Problems:
- Black rubber strip falls out CONSTANTLY.
- Top part of the metal which curls your top lashes eventually becomes loose and jiggles. Other reviewers have commented on this.
- I had a hard time getting it to curl my last few outer lashes, which tend to be shorter in length.
- And finally, after several months of use, IT SEVERED MY ENTIRE ROW OF TOP LASHES ON MY LEFT EYE. Like a guillotine. I heard a loud CRUNCH and all of a sudden, there are all my eyelashes. Falling off.

Do not buy this. Ever. UD ought to be ashamed of themselves for selling this piece of GARBAGE.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

Unlike many others, I have absolutely no issues with this curler. It does have a slight learning curve, and it does take a while to get the hang of, but it is my favorite lash curler.

My eyelids are quite large, so the "rest" part doesn't really bother me. It is a lot more comfortable to use than my older cage-style curler. And now that I have the hang of it, I never pinch myself anymore. One thing I hated about the cage-style curlers is that no matter what I did, I always pinched myself at least once.

With some patience, I have learned how to get a nice curl (I have quite long eyelashes, they can touch my browbone if curled properly) with just two squeezes, one on the middle/inside and one on the middle/outside.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by turboshimmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long, very straight lashes, and am constantly on the prowl for a miracle curler. I have had excellent luck with the She Uemura curler, but resent the fact that I could not buy refill pads, and consider that wasteful. So the tree hugger in me set out for a new solution.
I found two major problems with this curler, one that is insurmountable:

1 - If you are very used to the traditional eyelash curler configuration, expect a slight learning curve with this one. I haven't pinched my lids in ages, but did so a few times with this. If you typically rest your hand gently on your cheek with regular curlers, you may find this one difficult, suspended in space.

2 - Here is the inexcusable problem for me: The construction. Several of the hinged joints were loose, causing poor alignment (and like at least one other person, I cut my outer lashes!). Soooo, even if the pad stayed on, you have the opportunity to clamp down in a crooked manner, and metal meets metal. I had to continuously press the pad back in, each use. Thinking I just had a lemon, I exchanged for another, and experienced the same poor build quality.

If you are fortunate enough to purchase one that is 'tight,' perhaps it is worth the short learning curve to use it well. But please be cautious if it feels sloppy, or loose, as your lashes may suffer the same fate as mine (which have finally made a full recovery, thank you for asking ;).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by bicoastalite

I am really disappointed with the Revolution Eyelash Curler. It worked great the first few times but the rubber piece kept falling out. I thought maybe it was that one pieces, but ALL of the extra rubber pieces that came with the curler fell out. It just won't stay in. When the rubber does stay in (which was literally like 3 times), it curls great. No issues with pinching. BUT, if the rubber pad/piece won't stay in the channel? Totally useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by happyasthesun

Hmmmm, not my favorite. I have very flat-shaped eyes (I really don't know if this makes sense. But they're not deep set..... and such) and so the infamous Shu Uemura worked just fine for me. But as I am in the US I am cursed with living in a shu-free land lest I pay exorbitant shipping prices for ONE item... so I went on the search for a replacement.

Brief description of my lashes: long but thin, easily curls but are naturally very very straight. ELF, Shu Uemura both worked fine (Revolon didn't).

This was being advertised as a "revolution" and lemme tell you, marketing is a truly strange thing. Convinced this would be the end-all to my nonexistant lash-curling problems, I bought the thing and tried it.

It ripped out my sensitive inner lashes the first time, but to my fair my fingers slipped in the grips. Thing is, though, that the curling part is so bulky that you can't really see what you're doing (particularly a problem for me on my left eye) and I PINCH MYSELF. I NEVER PINCH MYSELF!!!! *angry roar*

But, my lashes are curled. My eyes are watering, my lashes are trembling in fear, but they are standing up straight like soldiers.

I'm using it until I get my paws on something else. They give you like ten million replacement pads which is a plus.

SKIP IF:
- you have "flatter" eye shape
- you have shaky hands (all your lashes will be ripped out!)
- you have no tolerance for pinching your lids

CONSIDER IF:
- you have bigger, rounder, or longer eyes (traditional curlers can't get all your lashes)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by onebadassbrunette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fairly short lashes and deep set eyes so finding an eyelash curler that will work is hard for me. With this curler, I can successfully reach my lashes but with it being so dark colored, against my dark brunette lashes I can't tell how much of my lash is in it. I also dont see tht it curls very well. It "crimps" my lashes which I do not like. I would expect something like this out of a cheap curler, but not one that cost $20. Wayyy overpriced!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by dearholly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love my new Revolution eyelash curler. It was a Christmas gift and I'd had my eye on it for a while. My eye are very round. Previously I've used Revlon and e.l.f. as my everyday curler, but something about them just didn't give me a great curl. Since my eye shape is so round, I'd always end up curling just a "section" of lashes either in the center or on the sides. The UD curler is nice because it's more rounded and allows me to reach all my lashes. It also doesn't have the bars on each side, which I think contributes to my missing lashes with past curlers. I've been using it for about 4 weeks now and I feel like I've perfected my technique (it just takes getting used to!). When I first used it, I quite often pinched my upper eyelid with the clamp. But now, it's much easier to use and way more effective for my round eye shape.