September 21, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy - Lush Coconut 01

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first YSL lipstick. I'm not a huge fan of opaque lipsticks so this is right up my ally. I will start by saying this was definitely a splurge at $30.00 USD + tax, and I'm sure there are other lippies out there that are similar. But at any rate, I'm still very happy with my purchase. The texture is divine, moisturizing, non sticky, nice shine and just enough color for that caramel-ly pinky nude goodness. And yes, the packaging is quite lovely. I like the way it looks and feels. If I ever run out I would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

The perfect finishing touch for the no-makeup look, very polished yet natural. Has a luxurious, silky feel as well. This is a super-moisturizing tinted lip balm with just a hint of beigey-nude shimmer, and the color still shows up even though it's so sheer.
I love the packaging, it's very ornate and substantial. Looks so pretty in my makeup case.
If you're a bit of concealer/bit of mascara/bit of lippie type of gal, this product is probably right up your alley. Subtle enough to make you look a little more pulled together without trying too hard.
I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by LHartford

I have wanted this for quite some time but didn't want to spend the $ on a tinted lip balm. When I got a gift card for Sephora I figured it would be a good time to splurge...and I am so glad I finally did! This is beautiful. A beige/gold slight shimmer...moisturizing! I love the packaging...so elegant. It just looks expensive. I will probably buy this when I run out...better start saving now!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by laureg

This is so beautiful. Light texture, wears well and the color is so pretty. It's a shimmery, neutral nude, definitely more on the light brown side (I'd almost call this color pale but toasty), and it looks so pretty. I would repurchase despite the cost, because darn it, this product is so nice that now I'm hooked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yet another great shade from this line. It is very sheer, but as a VERY pale-skinned gal, it works great for me. Goes great with a smoky eye. If you're darker than the colour of sheetrock, then this probably won't even show up on you. But if you're like me, and can practically use gesso as a primer, then it's a great nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hotpa2d

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on an impulse, while I was waiting for my MAC SA to finish up with a customer. I tested it on my hand, and it seemed to be a nice beigy-nude with lots of subtle glimmer under the lights in the store. I didn't try it on my lips though. Once I got home, I tried it on my lips, and it wasn't as dark as I would have liked, but the formula is so smooth and glossy, and it tastes like candy. I really love this as a top layer to my lip stains. Really moisturizing and the glimmer is just the right amount. Packaging is really beautiful too. I use this every day, several times a day, and at $30 a tube, it may become an expensive addiction. Will definately be repurchasing this. Only wish they had a color a tad bit darker than the Lush Coconut I bought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lush Coconut is a shimmery caramel color in the tube. Once applied, it's almost colorless, but contains micro shimmer and moisturizers. On my medium pigmented lips, it really didn't add any color, but made my lips very moist looking, and the shimmer made them look large and conditioned. The formula goes on very smoothly and it isn't gritty, The shimmer is very understated, so you won't find it migrating. I think it will look great with all the neutrals I'm wearing lately, but if you are looking for color, this isn't for you unless you want red (the cherry or pomegranate), I like the look, as it does moisturize, and you can't tell when it wears off. Staying power is about the same as a gloss. It's very expensive for what you get, and the same look can be had for much less, but once in awhile, a splurge is in order.
EDIT: After wearing this for about a week, I have to say it IS better than most. The look may be duplicated, but the feel of it on your lips and the moisturizing and plumping can't. My lips look huge and soft, and I don't get that "shedding skin" feeling after wearing it all day. It's a quality product. I wish it came in more colors.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No