December 18, 2014 | 1687 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Pago Pago

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by clownface

If you're looking for something with a ton of color, this isn't the lipstick for you. If you're looking for something sheer with a beautiful sheen, then this is a great fit. I've been on the hunt for a dupe for MAC's Barely Lit. This is as close as I've come to it. The shimmer is a bit more stated, but the color and effect are along the same lines. I definitely like a more sheer wash of color, so this was perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by leeesuhx3

Pago Pago is gorgeous.
I leant towards NARS sheer lipsticks because I don't like anything too heavy looking and prefer a light wash of color, and as of right now I own Pago Pago and Barbarella, love them BOTH.
Don't purchase this lipstick if you're wanting a beigey nude to wipe out your lip color, while it's on your lips it just shows up as shimmer.
So it truly is a "my lips but better" shade because it's your lips with a sparkly, gorgeous-looking texture.
If you love the natural look like I do, get this. It's my favorite lipstick at the moment, along with Barbarella which is a light, soft coral.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This was a nice nude color, but honestly just too frosty for me. I'm an NW20 in the summer, but this is too frosty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

This soft colour is meant to be layered not just worn on its own. National MUA Jenny Smith created a great lip for me as follows: lip liner over the whole lip in Jilted Love, then Pago Pago topped with Coeur Sucre lip gloss. The liner is a light coral/pink and I was thinking this would wash me out but I had faith and what turned out was pure artistry. My lips have great dimension. So a little bit of work is necessary to get that superb look. I have highly pigmented lips and this combination presents a beautiful complement to a dark eye. No I wouldn't repurchase as I am sure I'll be on to the next thing when I run through the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a little underwhelming. I am fair, (Fiji in Sheer Glow) and this lipstick is darn near clear. It leaves a sheer, no-color pearly finish that is nice, but not worth the price. Wet n' Wild Perfect Pair Lip Wand in Nearly Nude is not a bad dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by shusheshe

A beautiful sheer neutral pink, this looked gorgeous swatched. Unfortunately this didn't feel as nice on my lips. It's a bit drying and felt rather hard in the tube (I'm used to creamier lipsticks) and it actually felt a bit gritty on my lips.

It's also rather expensive. All in all, I won't be re-purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing the NARS Fall 2011 reviews and swatches, I did not have the urge to go out in search of Pago Pago, but I happened to see it in person during a recent Sephora trip -- and it is so much different than what I was expecting. For one, it really is *sheer*; it doesn't have the opacity that a shade like Sexual Healing does (metallic and nude, it can wash you out). Even though it looks peachy and warmer in the tube, on my lips it's a light sheer nude pink with shimmer and a slightly peachy undertone. It's a great complement to heavier eye makeup and it looks pretty on its own, too. All in all, a good investment :)

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by abbygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This looks like a nude peach in the tube, but on my lightly pigmented lips it turns into a soft glimmering pink. So beautiful! When applying you can feel the texture of the micro silver particles in it, but once on the lips that feeling disappears and feels very smooth and moisturizing. I'm not crazy about NARS packaging, but other than that this lippie is 5 stars!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pago Pago is a new color from the Fall 2011 collection. In the tube, it's a pleasant neutral pink. It's listed as a Sheer. On my medium pigmented lips, this lippie did not add any color at all. It gave my lips a bit of a sheen (no glitter) and made them look moisturized, however I expected a bit more. I have other NARS sheers, but I wasn't expecting the total lack of color. I'm pale, and it didn't show at all on me. It also felt a bit drying, I would think that on those with a darker skintone, this would be ashy because of the sheen, which is almost a pearl finish, It did look nice, however for the price, it isn't worth it. The same effect could be achieved with products much less expensive.