December 19, 2014 | 1508 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette - Bohemian Rhapsody

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I have to say, the website swatches look NOTHING like the actual shades.
Having said this, there are plenty of beauty bloggers, etc who have real life/skin swatches that are accurate, so it is thanks to them that I ordered this from Cherry Culture (NYX is not available in NZ). I picked this up during a 20% off sale so I think I paid just over $6USD, which for 10 shadows is an absolute bargain, even with shipping.
The palette overall consists of fairly cool toned neutrals - the top row is shimmery - light frosty silver, shimmery cream, medium taupe, cool mushroomy grey and a caramel beige. These are not super opaque or densely pigmented but they are fabulous for layering or softening out deeper colours. Intensity is much better when applied over a primer (I use Milani) but YMMV.
Bottom row is matte - soft peach, ivory, medium taupe brown, soft charcoal grey and a decently pigmented black. These are much better in terms of colour payoff, I don't buy MAC anymore but these are definitely some of the better matte shadows I've found.
So this is really great for a near infinite variations on neutral eyes, anything from the barest wash of matte or soft shimmery colour to a deep, dark smoky eye.
The compact is slim, tidy, easy to stash, has a decent mirror and the pan sizes are generous and easy to use with any size brush.
A favourite of mine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value! I found this at a mom & pop beauty supply for $7.99. The neutral colors are very wearable for anybody and have very good pigmentation, and the compact isn't too bulky to take with me. And to think I was eyeing the UD Naked palette for fifty bucks...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love the NYX 10 pan eyeshadow.They are creamy and consistant. They are all very smooth. There is not a color in this palette that lacks in pigmentation. I just got hip to these so now Im in Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I am not usually a fan of NYX palettes, but this one is nice. I had a gift card to burn at Ulta and had the itch to get something I have not seen before. I saw a bunch of newer NYX palettes and could not help myself. But out of all the ones available, this one was the one that stood out. I am NW20 and these colors seemed like a nice variety of different neutrals. It's not a pile of purple/pinks or pile of grays/black), but a nice mix. Unlike Champagne and Cavier where it felt like one muddied color, these are different enough, yet very neutral. I also like the one row of shimmer over the one row of matte. The quality of the shadows even seem better than what you usually find in an NYX palette. I am glad I indulged...I am having tons of fun with this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This palette caught my eye in my local Save-On
Price: $16.79 CAD
Pkg: full-sized mirror on lid
Colours:
Top Row (Shimmer)- icy silver, light cool beige, coppery beige, pale taupey brown, rose gold
Bottom Row (matte)- warm beige, ivory, smokey brown, medium warm grey, charcoal black
Pigmentation: medium to full
Texture: super creamy
I love the ivory shade as highlighter and as base for super dramatic smokey eye. I use the black on my outer V pretty much everyday. If u are already a NYX fan, try this palette! I guarantee that u will love it