April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Liquid - Palladio - powder finish foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this foundation because I personally like Palladio's products and love that their mostly herbal formulas which makes me feel better about putting it on my face. I have oily skin and seeing that this formula is supposedly oil-free and had a powder finish to it was very appealing to me. the coverage is pretty decent but just because something says oil free doesn't make it Non-Comedogenic which is something that I need for my skins "issues" I guess. Because I noticed that in less than a week of wearing this sadly outta the blue I started breaking out..and Bad. I even got cystic acne in some spots. The only thing I had changed in my skin care regimen was this makeup and I was not even near getting my period. I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt ad stick it out for another week or two which was a big mistake because my skin wasn't getting any better... So I just returned it and made peace that it wasn't a good fit for me. I read the ingredients and saw sooo much silicone in it that i'm guessing is what did it. because I know that some silicones tend to attract dirt which then will clog your pores which obviously is a terrible combo for your skin.. the tube it came in was so convenient and the color "vanilla" matched me perfectly so I was sad to part with it in a way but it is what it is.. so with that all being said maybe for someone with normal skin in would work out.. but if you have acne prone or oily skin head for the hills...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by oliviachloe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Reviews are tricky. If you are writing them for the benefit of other people, is it fair to criticize the product when it fails because you have "special needs" and it didn't suit them? This is an eternal question for me, so let me start by saying that this review is for people with very sensitive skin, prone to products causing breakouts.

I bought this foundation without checking its reviews first. Then I used it and it broke me out very badly. And because I really wanted it to work, I tried it a second time a few weeks later, and the same thing happened. Bottom line for sensitive, acne-prone MUAers: this product is not "safe" for skin like ours!

I used the shade sandy beige, which matched my skin very well. I actually thought it looked good--it gave me a sort of dewey finish. It made my face feel greasy, though. It's oil-free, but that alone never means the product won't cause acne. Also, I like the flat, squeezable tube packaging, which fits nicely in my makeup bag.

So, that's my experience. I'm bummed that I haven't found a foundation that works for me yet, but I intend to keep trying...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No