August 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Shampoo - Rahua Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Operacritic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This left my hair very dull and with no shine or lustre. I took it to my hairdresser and was shocked at the difference from my normal shampoo. An absolute waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Wow. Total garbage. Shea Moisture and Acure brands are way, way better (price and quality wise). I don't require a whole lot of suds as I know they're hard to come by in all-natural shampoos, but this stuff didn't lather at all and it definitely didn't soften, strengthen, or detangle my hair. In fact it felt like I was just washing my hair with nothing at all, it sort of disappears as soon as you apply it (I required 2 hefty silver dollar sized amounts just to wash the scalp and even then it wasn't very cleansing). Needless to say, the $32 bottle didn't last me very long. I found no evidence of whatever miracle-rainforest-extract it's supposed to contain (not even a whiff of any kind of fragrance). It has an EWG score of 2, which is great, but Shea Moisture has an EWG of 0 and it's infinitely better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To explain the brilliance of this shampoo I am going to give a little history of my hair. I used to have thick, normal (not dry nor oily), voluminous, dark hair with soft curls. Then I decided to chemically straighten it. Twice. Which left me with thick, coarse, extremely dry, heat damaged, straight hair. For the past two years I've been trying to reverse the damage and have been through 20 shampoos and conditioners (no exaggeration). In my quest for healthy hair I made a gigantic mistake and tried the Moroccan oil Shampoo which was recommended to me by a salesperson at a hair salon. Not only did this strip my hair, cause split ends, dry it out even more until it looked like straw it also caused a horrible reaction - flaky scalp. My hair was at an all time low. This happened, by the way, after just one wash. I immediately threw both the shampoo and conditioner out and tried everything I could to now fix the flakes. Everything from medicated shampoos, natural shampoos, washing it everyday, not washing it for a while, trying treatments, masks, elixirs - everything. Nothing worked. Then I stumbled upon Rahua online. Just a casual mention. But I was interested just by reading about the ingredients. From anything I read online I did not expect Rahua to be as good as it has turned out to be. I waited an excruciating long time for the shipment to arrive. And then it did.

After one wash the flakes were gone - 100% gone. My hair looked thick, moisturised, lustrous and healthy. I haven't seen my hair look this good in forever. I was afraid of the volumising effect from the shampoo as my hair is already thick but it hasn't turned it into a terrible 80s disaster. I'm glad I took the chance and got it instead of the original (the volumising shampoo is better for hair exposed to hard water - like mine is) It's actually a good amount of volumising and the conditioner (which I always rinse with cold water) is very very nourishing. A little goes a long way. Too much can make your hair look and feel heavy.

Moisture: 5/5
Volumising: 5/5
Scent: earthy/medicinal 2/5
Price: worth.every.penny
Buy again: Again and again and again
Packaging: love how it looks not sure if the last bits will be accessible once the bottle is nearly out but I don't think it should be much of a problem

TL;DR This is my HG shampoo and conditioner. Don't think I'll buy anything else ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am using the Voluminous shampoo and conditioner and I absolutely love it! It smells great, it has an earthy scent to it but it isn't overpowering at all. I find that it's very muted once you dry your hair and you barely smell it. My hair is oily and I am usually the type who can't go without washing my hair everyday but now I am able to wash my hair every other day. It cleans well and to my surprise it lathers just as well as any regular shampoo except without all the harmful ingredients. It makes my hair extremely silky smooth without any tangles at all, seems to be more lightweight, and my hair has a bit more volume. I don't have anything bad to say about it because it's amazing! The only downfall is the price and the amount you get but considering how nice your hair turns out after using it, it's worth every penny. My hair is still recovering from hair loss after using Clear so I can't comment about improvement on that aspect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

This is one of the nicest non sulphate shampoo I"ve used. The other one I like is Yarok. I have mature color treated thick but fine hair. Wish it wasn't so crazy expensive though. I look for deals from on-line retailers. A little goes a long way. Doesn't strip my color. I've already repurchased. Would like to try the volumizing next.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by NiikiN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have curly, frizzy, and dry hair. This product really works for me. It's rich formula helps my locks look great and feel amazing. A tiny bit goes a long way, so the price is on par! Bonus it's organic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this and the conditioner. It was gentle and cleaned well, but it made my hair far too voluminous. I have a lot of hair and I like it to lay flat and look sleek. This just wasn't the right product for me. I noticed afterwards it contains sea-salt, which is well known to create volume. I would recommend if that's what you're after, but sadly not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Mimi27

Amazing!! I use the volumzing shampoo and conditioner on my fine colour treated hair and it leaves it so bouncy and shiny. I work on a makeup counter and nearly every customer I've served in the week I've started using this has asked me what on earth are you doing to your hair to make it SO shiny?!! Answer : JUST the shampoo and conditioner! Nothing else needed. Its THAT good. Super expensive but worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Fondlemyplums

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simply the best shampoo I've tried! Although quite expensive this stuff is worth every penny. I can't speak for fine/thin haired ladies, but my hair loves this shampoo. I have super thick, heavy, curl-wavy Mediterranean hair that can get very frizzy and big if not properly tamed. Recently decided to get off the Japanese straightening path and have gone to my natural hair, unfortunately back to my unruly locks and sweat induced 1 hour blow drying regimes. To top it off I highlighted nearly all of my hair, then went ombre, with more highlighting and ended up with severely dry and damaged locks.

So I took a plunge and bought this shampoo, oh my holy meatballs, this stuff has totally transformed my hair. It takes me about 20 minutes to blow out my hair, which results in silky, vibrant, smooth and shiny style that lasts for several days. I tried so many shampoos, the organic varieties, Aveda, Shiseido, Acca Kappa, all of the designer shampoos, Keratin, etc, nothing compares. I'm totally blown away. Love love love! The only teeny tiny gripe is the smell, not offensive but I'm not a fan. Oh and I bought the conditioner and the deep treatment, which is completely phenomenal! If you have fried hair try the treatment, it'll turn back the clock to your finer days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This shampoo is pretty good. I have a long massive amount of curly hair and this stuff was so gentle and did add a bit of moisture and shine. It cleanses very well without leaving my hair feeling striped nor gunky like alot of natural shampoos tend to do. It does suds a little bit and it has a faint sweet scent. The ingredients are good and the packaging is pretty...the price sucks but i only use this once every one to two weeks when i do actually shampoo so the price i can kinda work with but...eeeeh.
UPDATE: This has legit become my favorite shampoo. My hair has thinned out a bit since giving birth to my son and this shampoo has basically put a lot of bounce back into it. The shine and moisture just has not been matched, and I've tried ALOT of different shampoos. Love this stuff.