Rahua Shampoo

3.7

Purified Water, Certified Organic Herbal Water Of Green Tea, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis, Shea Betaine, Coconut Betaine, Glycerin, Sea Salt, Caprylic Fatty Acid, (Natural Aroma), Glycine Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Corn Amino Acids, Vitamin E, Ungurahua Oil, Rahua Nut Oil, Lecithin, Palo Santo Oil, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a mane of thick, strong hair of Oriental and Mediterranean descent (two ethnicity's well-known for their incredible hair texture) which, without taking incredible care of and spending absurd amounts of time on, can feel coarse and is a nightmare to control. When I do have that extra hour or two a day to sit around with an olive oil mask and blow dry it strand-by-strand, it is the most beautiful mane of all manes.

Frankly, I don't have time for that.

I try to wash my hair once every three days, avoid heat to style my hair (using protectant when I do whip out the weaponry) and ensure that I go for regular trims every 4-6 weeks. I even did the big chop (from waist to pixie) after going from a natural, dark chocolate to a light auburn. I've also cut out sulphates completely and am trying to cut out silicones too.

Rahua ticks all my boxes and uses 100% natural and organic ingredients that appeal to me: ungurahua extract to nourish, regenerate and fortify the hair and scalp, quinoa to promote moisture retention and coconut to gently remove excess oil and dirt without stripping the key nutrients needed to maintain a healthy condition.

Sulphates, when activated with water and massaging, are what makes a regular shampoo foam up in order to clean the hair of dirt and grime (whilst stripping it of the natural oils and causing it to become brittle and dry.) The lack of foam in Rahua was very strange and I will tell you that the first time I used it, I only felt clean for the first few hours and ended up washing my hair the next day. It took me about 7 days of daily washing before I could notice the beauty of this range.

With continued use there is an incredible softness and a healthy shine that is always present and always guaranteed, even without the use of heat or masks. After the transition period from regular to Rahua, I have gone back to washing every three days and have been doing so for the past 48 months, with my hair feeling sexy and sleek. You have to bare with it and power through!

This is the longest period of time I have ever used the same shampoo and cannot see me changing to a different brand. It has impressed me so much that even the 27 price point doesn't faze me (and that really IS saying something!) I have used it in conjunction with the matching conditioner and am so sold on the brand that I will be trying their styling products next.

on 12/24/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so glad that I decided to buy the sample sizes of the Rahua shampoo + conditioner. I was looking for somehting without silicones because I break out so easily, and something without a lot of alcohos, etc. I was so excited to try these products, hoping that they would hydrate my dried out strands and answer my hair prayers. Lo and behold, neither of these products worked for me. My hair is dull, shine-less, dry, and unmanageable, with no style or bounce. I can't believe it!!! I really can't. After 2 washes and conditions, moving on to try something new. I've had great luck with the Number 4 hydrate line, and I may go back to it regardless of the silicone.

on 4/24/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This left my hair very dull and with no shine or lustre. I took it to my hairdresser and was shocked at the difference from my normal shampoo. An absolute waste of money.

on 4/7/2014 6:36:00 PM

Wow. Total garbage. Shea Moisture and Acure brands are way, way better (price and quality wise). I don't require a whole lot of suds as I know they're hard to come by in all-natural shampoos, but this stuff didn't lather at all and it definitely didn't soften, strengthen, or detangle my hair. In fact it felt like I was just washing my hair with nothing at all, it sort of disappears as soon as you apply it (I required 2 hefty silver dollar sized amounts just to wash the scalp and even then it wasn't very cleansing). Needless to say, the $32 bottle didn't last me very long. I found no evidence of whatever miracle-rainforest-extract it's supposed to contain (not even a whiff of any kind of fragrance). It has an EWG score of 2, which is great, but Shea Moisture has an EWG of 0 and it's infinitely better.

on 3/23/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

To explain the brilliance of this shampoo I am going to give a little history of my hair. I used to have thick, normal (not dry nor oily), voluminous, dark hair with soft curls. Then I decided to chemically straighten it. Twice. Which left me with thick, coarse, extremely dry, heat damaged, straight hair. For the past two years I've been trying to reverse the damage and have been through 20 shampoos and conditioners (no exaggeration). In my quest for healthy hair I made a gigantic mistake and tried the Moroccan oil Shampoo which was recommended to me by a salesperson at a hair salon. Not only did this strip my hair, cause split ends, dry it out even more until it looked like straw it also caused a horrible reaction - flaky scalp. My hair was at an all time low. This happened, by the way, after just one wash. I immediately threw both the shampoo and conditioner out and tried everything I could to now fix the flakes. Everything from medicated shampoos, natural shampoos, washing it everyday, not washing it for a while, trying treatments, masks, elixirs - everything. Nothing worked. Then I stumbled upon Rahua online. Just a casual mention. But I was interested just by reading about the ingredients. From anything I read online I did not expect Rahua to be as good as it has turned out to be. I waited an excruciating long time for the shipment to arrive. And then it did.

After one wash the flakes were gone - 100% gone. My hair looked thick, moisturised, lustrous and healthy. I haven't seen my hair look this good in forever. I was afraid of the volumising effect from the shampoo as my hair is already thick but it hasn't turned it into a terrible 80s disaster. I'm glad I took the chance and got it instead of the original (the volumising shampoo is better for hair exposed to hard water - like mine is) It's actually a good amount of volumising and the conditioner (which I always rinse with cold water) is very very nourishing. A little goes a long way. Too much can make your hair look and feel heavy.

Moisture: 5/5
Volumising: 5/5
Scent: earthy/medicinal 2/5
Price: worth.every.penny
Buy again: Again and again and again
Packaging: love how it looks not sure if the last bits will be accessible once the bottle is nearly out but I don't think it should be much of a problem

TL;DR This is my HG shampoo and conditioner. Don't think I'll buy anything else ever again.

on 12/18/2013 1:39:00 AM

I am using the Voluminous shampoo and conditioner and I absolutely love it! It smells great, it has an earthy scent to it but it isn't overpowering at all. I find that it's very muted once you dry your hair and you barely smell it. My hair is oily and I am usually the type who can't go without washing my hair everyday but now I am able to wash my hair every other day. It cleans well and to my surprise it lathers just as well as any regular shampoo except without all the harmful ingredients. It makes my hair extremely silky smooth without any tangles at all, seems to be more lightweight, and my hair has a bit more volume. I don't have anything bad to say about it because it's amazing! The only downfall is the price and the amount you get but considering how nice your hair turns out after using it, it's worth every penny. My hair is still recovering from hair loss after using Clear so I can't comment about improvement on that aspect.

on 10/29/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the nicest non sulphate shampoo I"ve used. The other one I like is Yarok. I have mature color treated thick but fine hair. Wish it wasn't so crazy expensive though. I look for deals from on-line retailers. A little goes a long way. Doesn't strip my color. I've already repurchased. Would like to try the volumizing next.

on 7/28/2013 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have curly, frizzy, and dry hair. This product really works for me. It's rich formula helps my locks look great and feel amazing. A tiny bit goes a long way, so the price is on par! Bonus it's organic.

on 2/4/2013 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and the conditioner. It was gentle and cleaned well, but it made my hair far too voluminous. I have a lot of hair and I like it to lay flat and look sleek. This just wasn't the right product for me. I noticed afterwards it contains sea-salt, which is well known to create volume. I would recommend if that's what you're after, but sadly not for me.

on 12/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

Amazing!! I use the volumzing shampoo and conditioner on my fine colour treated hair and it leaves it so bouncy and shiny. I work on a makeup counter and nearly every customer I've served in the week I've started using this has asked me what on earth are you doing to your hair to make it SO shiny?!! Answer : JUST the shampoo and conditioner! Nothing else needed. Its THAT good. Super expensive but worth it

Popular Shampoos