July 28, 2014 | 1366 users online

Fragrances - Parfums De Nicolai - Kiss Me Tender

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore Kiss Me Tender. Isn't it wonderful when you are sent a vial as an extra and you go straight out and buy a bottle? Well, I'm on my second bottle of this now, and the pleasure garnered from it hasn't waned one jot. It's humorous and sexy.

Kiss Me Tender is bubble gum sweet, but also transparent in the way that only niche scents seem able to achieve, making it simultaneously childlike and pearlescent - fae, perhaps. It's a flower fairy smell.

I get the hay very clearly, and a big suckful of orange soda. There's a creamy aspect to this too, but it's so well-blended it's never milky, which might be too sickly with so much sugar. I know this review makes it sound like confectionery, and it is a lot like that.

I think this scent is a quirky little number and one that has been a compliment magnet for me. I find it very long-lasting indeed, so have no complaints there.

I've not encountered a fragrance like this, but it's of the same ilk as the Etat Libre d'Orange scents, but with more depth. For example, the spice - clove and cinnamon - are present if you sniff very hard, but mingle so daintily with the voluptuous ylang ylang, they only widen the ribbon rather than tie the scent in knots.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Light, very sheer floral almost. Nice, but so faint. On a second try, itwent on just like Fresh Step Multi Cat kitty litter, the same perfume, but dried down to a lightly candy floral scent. On full dry down it smelled like a sweet clean white flower. Another try brought soft, almost bannana fruit that dried to a vanilla makeup base. Hints of wood, amber and fruit but nicely blended and nothing standing out. I liked it then. Still, this changes too much for me to purchase more. Some scents just can't be trusted depending on the weather, what I ate yesterday and my mood. Interesting ride here, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love gourmande scents. This is a very unusual scent. Kind of vanilla and heliotrope with some gentle floral coming through. Not something I would normally buy. I tried it on in the nicolai shop in paris and left. It stayed really nicely on my skin and actually melted well into a very sophisticated and complex but easy blend. Love it. For those of you wishing to try something a little bit complex but still in the gourmande family.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by acentola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Verrrry interesting.
I love Beige by Chanel, so I bought another decant of it from Posh Peasant. While I was there, I picked up Kiss me Tender and KM's Datura Noir. When I got the package, one had minimally leaked....but I could not, for the life of me, decipher which one it was.....because all three are extremely similar.

KIss me Tender's notes are listed as aniseed, vanilla, almond and fresh cut hay. When I first sprayed this, I could swear it had lilac in it as well, as it seemed like the love child between Beige and Stila Creme Bouquet. 30 minutes later the lilac had faded and it was...Beige with a touch of PdN SacreBleu lite. The almond and hay combine to create a lovely, heliotrope-like scent that is enhanced by the aniseed, on a bed of the clearly PdN vanilla. This is a great, well-behaved scent and if you love Beige this is a great choice for you. It's a little 'lighter' than Beige and is a great summer evening scent.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by hyblaean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would actually use a full bottle of this, but for the price will have to settle for decants.
The person before me broke it down really well, so I will just add that this smells like love to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: heliotrope, vanilla, anise seeds, almonds, fresh hay, orange blossom, jasmine, ylang ylang, cloves, cinnamon, woody and musky notes.

This fragrance opens with ylang-ylang enhanced by heliotrope. A third note, slightly vegetal-watery, balances the first two notes: it underlines the floral aspects of the accord and keeps the sweetness in check. Without this last component the whole composition would have definitely been undoubtedly cloying. This mix of vegetal-watery and vanilla-sugary reminds me of Vanille Galante - although the Hermessence is much more sophisticated and aqueous than this offering.
Roughly half an hour after application, the floral and the gourmand accords merge into one, forming the olfactory image of marshmallow. I see vanilla, powdered sugar and almonds - spices and woodsy notes contrast them, thereby balancing the marshmallow accord. If I were to name a colour representing this scent it would be a swirl of pastel pink and ivory. What I truly like about this scent is the adept use of heliotrope: it is well-dosed not to overpower the other notes and it does not remind me of plasticine like Etro's Heliotrope. Kiss Me Tender is a comfort scent for the evening, the equivalent of a cozy oversize cashmere sweater. Lasts more than 6 hours on my skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No