October 30, 2014 | 1595 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F30 Large Powder Brush (was SS150)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by CatherineElizabeth90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As I have said with a few of the other Sigma brushes, like it's name has been changed, so have the brushes. The brushes were always excellent, but the brush handles could have been improved upon. The handles are now at least a little noticeably stronger, and brushes soft and smooth as always. Will be buying this brush in the future. Cleaning is easy too, and easy to shape.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just use this brush because I don't have another powder brush at the moment. I've had it for more than a two years now. It sheds every time I use it and feels scratchy on my face. I've tried using conditioner on the bristles as to soften the [goat?] hair, but it did not work. [I have the one with the pink handle. It came in a set.] I will not purchase again. Irritates my face too much. And I'm not smashing the brush on my face or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush...no problems to report...works very well for powder application..very satisfied

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, I think that they changed the quality of the brush. I bought mine recently (a month ago), and I must say, I am utterly stunned by the quality since I have bad experiences with Sigma brushes (shedding, bad cut brushes, splayed bristles).

What I am really stunned with is the density of the brush: the brush has densely packed bristles, compared to Bdellium 985. I know that the 985 is a duet fiber brush, but the density near the base of the brushes (where the bristles meet the ferrule) is evident. I haven't got the MAC brush, so I cannot tell how the F30 compares to 150, but I would advise to think about getting this brush (over MAC 150, Bdellium Tools 975, 980, 959).

Comparing the price: MAC vs. Sigma Powder Brush vs. Bdellium Tools: $42 vs. $24 (I payed mine $21 09/24/2013) vs. $19-21 (currently $15-17).

Comparing the density/quality: Sigma vs. Bdellium: Sigma's brush feels nice in the hand (Sephora's feel bad), has a nice, big, round head, great density, and until now shed only one (1) bristle. I did order it fully knowing it will shed, but, until now, I haven't experienced any unpleasant shedding. I like how it picks color of pressed products (MAC Select Sheer, theBalm Sexy Mama) and I don't get any cake-y effect with it. I had to use more product with BT 975 or with the beloved (not any more) 959.

I hate the fact that Sigma put the prices of the brushes higher AGAIN! Not only the shipping costs (>$11), which make Sigma brushes on the EXPENSIVE side. One should note, if you consider buying Sigma online from sigmabeauty dot com, and think the brushes are on the cheaper side, place the brushes you want to order in your cart, and calculate your shipping. The brushes may cost you exact like some of the MAC brushes (Sephora's are definately overpriced).

Overall, I like the brush very very much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really baffled by all the negative reviews. I've used this brush for my powder foundation for 3 years, and I have no complaints. I got it along with a full set of brushes. Despite washing this brush many times, there has been no shedding. It gets the job done really well. I would highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

This is a nice brush for applying powder. Very big, domed and fluffy. I haven't had any problems with shedding. There are other brushes that work as well for powder, but this is a good one for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried different big powder brushes from the drugstore before this because I'm more of an eyeshadow person so I mainly invested in good eyeshadow brushes. But all the brushes I tried shedded or were very harsh on my face.
So I thought I'll try a sigma one because I have a lot of brushes from them that I like and also many gurus on youtube rave about it.
The problem is that Sigma is hard to find in Europe so I had to order it on Ebay.
When I tried it on my hand to see if it shed it looked perfect, not a single hair coming off, I dusted it a bit on my face (without makeup just to feel it) and it was very soft.
So full of confidence the next morning I used it and I couldn't believe it, I had all black hairs on my face from the brush, it shedded like crazy. I thougt that maybe I had bad luck with that one soo afterwards I ordered a Sigma brush set on Ebay and the F30 was part of it but whith the same problem.
I don't know what their problem is but those brushes do nothing else than shed. Now I use a real techniques multi task brush and that is amazing (no shedding, very soft) but I'm still sad and dissapointed by my 2 sigma F30's.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Jillian5125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush was great for about 2 or 3 months, but then it got really scratchy and started shedding a ton. No matter how I wash it, the shedding doesn't stop and the texture doesn't get any less scratchy. I won't even use this brush anymore because I have to pick little black hairs off of my face after applying my powder!! This makes me especially upset because I spent $19 on the brush =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Was great until the 3rd time I washed it. Now its really scratchy and has started to shed. Its still great to blend setting powder and really pigmented blush, its just a shame it started degrading so fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by itzmarylicious

I bought this because I needed a powder brush to apply my morning powder to my skin. Since I don't use foundation I needed this to provide me with a light/medium coverage. I read reviews on how Sigma brushes are similar to MAC in quality but much cheaper. I took a chance and order this brush. When I first got it, it was great, it worked fine and applied how I wanted. Then I started to notice that it was shedding like crazy. Everyday I would have to take off the brush hairs off of my face because it was coming off so frequently. I thought maybe it was because it was new so I didn't think much of it. I washed it and many more hairs came off. Now after 4 washes, I am still having the same problem. I don't think its going to get better. I still have a MAC blush brush I bought in college and its holding up fantastic after 5 or 6 years! So I would say the quality isn't the same. Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing this item.