September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - 15 year anniversary palette

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a gift and I am happy to have it, but rarely use it. I've had it for years and you can see a big dent in a couple of the lighter nude shades of eyeshadow, and the black eyeshadow but the colors remain mostly untouched. I don't like how glittery a lot of the shades are, and am really not a fan of the two pink colors.
I guess my favorite "fun" color would be the bright blue.
If you know you love glittery/shimmery and urban decay I don't think you could go wrong however.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

If you love shimmery shadows, this is definitely for you. I bought this originally because a few of my favorite bloggers raved about it. However, after using it for a few weeks, i find that the shades are far too shimmery for day-to-day use. They're gorgeous by themselves and have a very creamy/buttery formula. I wish that they included more matte shades for blending purposes since all the mid-tone browns in there are all shimmery/glittery. Also I HATE HATE HATE the packaging. It's just so....extraneous since I much prefer sleek palettes (re: nars) with lids that stay attached. This lid is also basically useless, and so if you want to travel with it, make sure to put a rubber band on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Val89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I begin my review I just want to make it clear that I am not much of an eye shadow aficionado at all...so for those of you who are timid and hesitant about eyeshadows like I was, here goes:

I wanted to revamp my minimal makeup look and go a little bit bolder without going overboard...when I heard about UD fans swearing by their eyeshadows, I decided to take a closer look at their products. I was completely loving the naked palette (yes, even this palette was a little on the 'bolder' side for me) and thought that I was for sure going to get it...instead...I walked out of the store with UD 15 year anniversary palette...now..I was always convinced that wearing bright/bold colors was never going to be for me...but once I got this palette I fell completely in love with it...I truly feel that you have a pretty great selection of colors. You have your lights, shimmery, matte, mediums and darks...for a person like me, this was like the mother-load! I could go pretty neutral when I wanted to and could experiment with the bolder colors. Sure, a few months later I am still not using ALL the colors on a regular basis but you'd be surprised at how handy some colors are when you least expect it! And once you get a feel for which colors go best together, you will start to get the hang of it. This is just my 2 cents as far as colors go....

The pigmentation in this is great! and goes even better with primer, although it's not necessary.

The packaging is..meh...looks so pretty at first but then you will notice that not only do fingerprints leave SO many marks, it's also really uncomfortable to open, close and overall deal with it...

I would say the biggest downside is the price...but I do feel that you get what you pay for. I hope this review was slightly helpful!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry UD but this palette was a an epic disappointment. I am an avid UD e/s palette collector, and I must say that this palette really did not live up to the hype and my expectations.

For starters, the packaging is very attractive and shiny. But all that glitters is not gold. This palette is very impractical. You cannot travel with it. The top cover is unhinged to the bottom without a magnet. Insane! I dare not rest it anywhere in my dressing area because I'm scared what could happen if it fell. Not forgeting that the part that houses the e/s can also be separated (when finished you can use it fto store keepsakes). We'll buy a keepsake if we need one. No thanks. The case holds finger prints worse than a crime scene too!

Now for the e/s...
Midnight Rodeo is a deep cool tone brown shadow. Nicely pigmented with silver shimmers. L'Oreal 24 infallible e/s in "bronzed taupe" is a spot on dupe.
Tainted is pretty pink lilac with gold shimmers. Applies sheer and is very powdery.
Deeper is rich mid tone golden brown shade very similar to Smog
Midnight 15 is a light taupy shade. Very shimmery.
Junkshow is similar to Woodstock but it applies more pigmented. It is learns more fuschia.
MIA is a very deep chocolatey brown similar to Darkhorse but is more shimmery and cool toned
Vanilla is one of the most unique shades placed in this palette. Think vanilla ice cream - rich off white color with a golden sheen. Really gorgeous shade and only stand out shade for me!
Omen is a mid tone frosty purple - not very original looking like Rockstar or Flash
Ace is a standard metallic grey shade. Gunmetal is much better.
Flow was a great disappointment for me. I was expecting a very warm coppery/coral/orangey shade. It is very pale, not very pigmented and flakes off during the course of the day. Boo!!
Evidence is a blacken navy blue shade.
Blackout is a very pigmented matte black shade. Much deeper and easier to work with than Perversion. It is the only matte shade included.
Chase is pretty golden shade. Not as rich and warm as Half Baked.
Deep End is nice teal shade. It is very much in the middle of blue and green and much more pigmented than Flipside and Shattered. What it lacks however is the duochrome capabilites.
Half Truth looks like a knock off of Gravity.

This palette lacks the excitement and enthusiasm of use with the other UD palettes. It is the least used of all my UD palettes. Although the e/s were very pigmented (for the most part) the textures were mono tone, the shades lacked duochrome capabilites which UD e/s are known to have. Usually when I order my palettes online and get it, the shades I didnt expect to like, I usually end up loving. UD palettes are usually full of unexpected surprises, good ones that is. Well I got a surprise myself, I dont like this palette. I dislike it so much that I hesitated ti buy the Vice palette until the opportunity of a FF sale came along. Still awaiting my package :)

I am still an UD fan, but please stop putting out duds like this. Tears, tears, there is a first for everything and this the first time I'm giving any UD product a failing grade.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally love Urban Decay products to begin with and this is no exception. When I'm looking for a more fun colored, and possibly smokey, eye. this palette has it all. Surprisingly, it has a wide variety of neutrals, some pinks, blues, greens, purples, and a gray and a matte black. Almost all colors in this palette are shimmery with the exception of the matte black. And of course, we have the midnight rodeo which actually has glitter particles but doesn't have really bad fall out. The shadows are buttery like all their other shadows and I think this palette was definitely well worth the price for the quality and the amount of shadows you get. the packaging is cute. You can take out the layer with the eye shadows and use the box as a keepsake/jewelry box after you depot the shadows (if that's what you're into.) You get a super nice, big mirror. I don't think I have anything negative to really say about this palette. As with almost all other Urban Decay palettes, I kind of wish there was a bit more matte shadows available.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Ellety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great Palette! My fav UB palette!

I'm a cult UB palette follower and got this palette the day it was available! lol

I'm a NC50 and loved the variety of colors that were in this palette, new and old! I uploaded swatches of my arm to give people a better idea of how it looks on dark skin.

I use Chase, Deeper, and MIA as daily natural looks.
-Chase: true gold shade that I use as a highlighter
- Deeper: melts into my skin tone while making it glow
- MIA: satin brown that blends wonderfully with the other neutrals

Standouts:
-Ace: Satin textured, highly pigmented gunmetal color. I use it as a smoky eye with some of the peachy shades.
-Flow: great highlighter shade, peachy effortless.
- Deep End: wish i had more reasons to wear this teal shade, it is gorgeous and I will probably use more if it playing with my makeup, than going out with it!

Packaging:
Love the mirror size, like how you can remove the palette as a tray, and like how the mirror is not attached.

Pros:
+Color variety and quality
+Price is great (vs. buying individuals)
+Mix of shimmer, satin and matte

Cons:
-Midnight Rodeo obnoxious glitter (WHO actually likes this?!)
- Limited Edition (What am I going to do if I want another?!)

Definitely Rec'd if you can find it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by lingading

The Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection sits in a velvet-lined box. Hugging the box is a card with the names and colours of the eyeshadows in the palette. The palette itself is housed in a gunmetal box which features a faceted jewel "UD" on the cover and a laser-cut filigree design on the sides. The inside of the cover is a full-size mirror. The names of the eyeshadows are printed underneath each colour on the palette. You can also lift the shadow tray via the nook in the bottom right hand corner to reveal a velvet-lined compartment that you can use to store trinkets. The Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection features 15 gorgeously pigmented shades, even without primer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

This palette is gorgeous. I'll have to say, I didn't even bother considering purchasing this when it first came out, but after closer observation of the shades I realized they are something special. I have both of the Naked's and they are nice, too, but right now I'm loving the neutrals in this one a little better, plus I think I can actually pull off some of the more vibrant colors. The shade Half Truth (the dark purple/gray) is gorgeous smudged under the eye and I can't wait to try a few others. I hate this is LE :( Thought it was a little pricey though, considering it does not come with primer or an eyeliner (just some sort of included bonus would have been nice). I think the outside is pretty but after just looking at the palette it had fingerprints everywhere on the outside.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by smlane87

I really like this palette and the variety of colors. They are all so vibrant and really stay.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As someone that used to not really so much as glance at Urban Decay's displays on trips to Sephora a year or so ago, I have to say that this brand has really made makeup a whole new different world for me. I can't believe that i passed up Urban Decay for so long!! So I have both Naked and Naked 2 and looove them. I use them every single day in some way or other. But I always kept thinking that it would be awesome if I could find a nice palette from Urban Decay with some brights and more girlie colors in it..and lo and behold!! I stumbled across this 15th anniversary palette and fell in love as soon as I saw pics of it where someone else had one. So i ordered one for myself, and it is really pretty, and everything I had been looking for!!! I love the eyeshadows, they are so pigmented and buttery, and they last all day! Also, the packaging is to die for too. At first I thought that this palette was too expensive, but it's actually a good deal for what you get: 15 full-sized eyeshadows and a keepsake box for when you use the eyeshadows up. The area under the eyeshadows is lined in purple velvet, and it feels so luxurious. I have to say, this has to be my favorite eyeshadow palette that I own. Being that this is L/E, i don't think I would be able to find another one when i'm done with the e/s in this one, but I would definatley re-buy for the quality and the colors in this palette and the keepsake box they come in if it was permanent. Wow, this is definatley a keeper <3

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No