November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't find this moisturizing & it didn't fade red marks. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've worked my way through a number of the moisturisers offered by Paula's Choice over the past couple of years. It's one of the areas I've found them to be lacking in; not awful by any means, just... meh. I had reached a point where I figured I'd better compromise and settle for the Skin Balancing Gel, which I sort of liked, until I tried this Resist one on a whim. I'd previously avoided trying it because of the negative reviews warning against using it on sensitive skin.

I'm so glad I did try those samples and then bought the full product, because this has fast become a favourite of mine! The texture is the best I've ever used in a moisturiser - very light and matte like the Skin Balancing one, but not as synthetic in its feel. It's just perfect for my oily/combination skin; not overpowering it and feeling greasy like a lot of others do, and not so dry that it provokes flaking. As for my sensitivity induced by rosacea, I haven't had a problem at all surprisingly. I think the product over-exaggerates the claim that it can fade red marks from past breakouts, as I haven't seen much evidence of this, but it does smooth my skin's texture and help with more acute blotchiness that I get some days. I only tend to use this product at night, as my toner is enough of a moisturiser for me in the day, but as the Winter creeps in I plan to use it in the mornings too underneath my SPF. It's just the right consistency to provide that little more moisture without pushing it into oil overload.

It is an expensive product; even more so than the other PC offerings, but it seems so much more comprehensive that it's worth it. The pump packaging is also very nice, and feels a lot more deluxe than the tubes used on the other products. If you have oily or combination skin, but like me have struggled with finding that perfect moisturiser, do try some samples of this; I hope you'll be as pleased as I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was shocked at all the negative reviews this product has received and if I had visited MakeupAlley to look this up before I purchased, I never would have bought it. I'm on my third or fourth bottle now and absoultely love it. That's not to say that it doesn't have its flaws, but it's pretty darn good! The formula is not terribly moisturizing, so in the dead of winter I sometimes battle a bit of flakiness (exacerbated by the fact I use a powder makeup), but most of the time it provides just enough moisture for my combo skin and an excellent base for my makeup. I love that it helps with my acne, yet I can still use this under my eyes. I can't do that with all of the moisturizers that contain salicylic acid out there. I don't have time for another undereye moisturuzer in the morning! This heals my red spots from past breakouts super super fast, even other moisturizers with glycolic or lactic acid haven't been able to do that. The scent is not very appealing, but luckily it discipates soon after applcation. My biggest issue is the stupid pump on this bottle. A previous bottle I received had a broken pump and I wound up digging out the product with a Q-tip. This latest bottle has a pump that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't which is really irrirating if I'm in a hurry. Just fix this flaw Paulas Choice!! I would love to find an all natutal moisturizer that works, but until I do I'll keep using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I somehow used an entire bottle of this without any lasting impression, other than it had great packaging (hygenic pump bottle) and that it was an ok, lightweight moisturizer. I guess it's a "meh"?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I've really liked using this through my super-oily T-zone phase. This gives a slight amount of moisture that's perfect mixed with the RESIST Super Antioxidant serum, which I use in the morning. It's not perfect and it's not a product I'll necessarily repurchase since it's not quite perfect for me, but I might since it's the closest cruelty-free product so far. I have combo/oily skin in summer and this summer's brought an increase in both cystic and "normal" acne, and this didn't further irritate my skin (unlike the BHA exfoliator from Paula's Choice did.)

The packaging is great for the amount, though I wish this kind of packaging released less with each pump.
The feel is light and pleasant.
The smell is so faint it's a non-issue.
The price is good for the amount, but not great.
The application is easy and smooth and absorbs within 10 minutes.

This works really well in summer, but won't come close to being anything usable in North Dakota winters or fall.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Jenny221

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used it for over a month. No results, just an irritated skin. Paula, I trusted you.

update: I founded a website that reviewed the Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator and they thought it was rubbish as well! an honest review: http://bestanti-aging.com/anti-aging-eye-cream-reviews/paulas-choice-resist-anti-aging-clear-skin-hydrator-review/

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by ReviewSpecialist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst product I have ever used on my face, I will never buy PC products again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This has a tint that wont match everyones skin type. I thought it should be more moisturizing than it was but this did come off as soothing at times.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works well for me, although I occasionally get a little prickle on my cheeks after applying(which resolves after 5 minutes or so). It's a nice base for makeup. I don't get any smell at all from this product.

I agree that the texture is kind of thickish, and silicone-y- in the past that's been a deal breaker for me. However, given that this generally does not make my skin react badly, and does not seem to cause any problems with breakouts (a common problem for me), I'll keep using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst, if not THE worst product I've ever used. First, it is irritating and very silicone feeling. Next, it's useless as a moisturizer and I have oily skin. The odor of this cream is unbearable, smelling very strongly like stale onions. Overall disgusting, trashed it and went back to Sleepwear cream..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No