April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Lareesa3000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am currently on my second bottle of this stuff. I am very happy with it. It has a great texture for putting makeup (foundation powder) on over the top of it, so it doubles as my moisturiser and primer. Sometimes I use another moisturiser underneath this product and just use this as a primer.

The packaging is sturdy and secure, with no risk of air getting in and breaking down the antioxidants, which, by the way, this moisturiser is packed with.

I have sensitive skin, prone to blocked pores, redness and breakouts (esp cysts), I don't think this product has given me any bother, in fact it's actually meant to be good for acne prone skin.

Also, I love the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by RyRy1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

oily but dehydrated, acne prone with red marks I wanted to fade in process. This product broke me out in closed comedone bumps all over my jaw and lower chin. I haven't used it in 2 weeks and the bumps are still there. I caused my skin bigger problems with this and have had to stop all products just to try and see if they will go away. Will never purchase this product or another PC product again, it's not the first product to make my skin worse...Stupidly I got sucked into the rave reviews everywhere but be aware that paula's choice website blocked my negative review mentioning the breakout.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by auras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also experienced irritation and redness when using a sample of this. And my skin isn't really sensitive.

Plus, I didn't like the slippery silicone texture and didn't find it moisturizing at all. Well, I prefer a more creamy feel. So thumbs down for this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received some samples of this and have tried to use it...it burns abd stings my skin causing redness and peeling. I must say that it is not nearly moisturizing enough for my normal to combo skin. Not a winner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by savliving

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I knocked off a lippie for the horrible nozzle. Been using this product for a month on nights I don't use Tretinoin. I will continue to update but so far the SAP and Niacinamide combo have been a great addition. I also use a serum in the AM with MAP and Niacinamide. I'm enjoying the SAP more I must say! I use at night to assist production of collagen and the combo of SAP and Niacinamide is outstanding for my finicky skin. One day it may break out from an irritation and this serum I can count on to always deliver clear skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

I do like this light gel-cream formula and it does help to fade post acne red marks. It's a perfect formulation for my acne prone skin with fine lines. However I HATE the pump - in all 3 versions I've had. The first one ended up with product gunked up around the nozzle, the second version broke and the third version which I received a week ago, arrived broken. I mean really!! How hard is it to get a pump right?!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this hoping it would diminish/fade the red spots left behind by a few particulary stubborn blemishes (which are nasty beasts that, thankfully, I rarely have the displeasure of wrangling with.)

It did nothing for them. In fact, it may have caused slight irritation to the surrounding area. I'm not particularly sensitive to niacinamide - in fact, it's in my daily toner (PC Skin Balancing). Maybe the toner and this moisturizer together were too much for my skin, I don't know. What I DO know is I love the toner and have used it for years. On those occasions when I've lost my mind and stopped using it, searching for the proverbial greener pastures, my skin has become dull and 'blah'. In fact, it was the inclusion of niacinamide in particular that piqued my interest in this moisturizer.

I should've known better. After all, the second ingredient is the dreaded (in my case) cyclopentasiloxane, or "cyclops," as it's known on the boards. I don't care what Paula and "they" say: I firmly believe that this stuff has pore-clogging tendencies (at least in my extensive experience). Furthermore, I do NOT like the way it feels on my skin. The film-forming, slippery, slickness just skeezes me out, for lack of a better term. (Paula says this silicone lends an "elegant texture" to products - I could not disagree more. That's me. If it poses no problems or "ick factor" for you, please don't take offense.)

But I digress. Having read so many glowing reviews, having watched countless You Tubers sing its praises, I had to try it. After all, how can a product bear a laundry list of benefits, skin-loving ingredients, and lofty promises and not deliver (she asks, facetiously)?

True: it's rare that a product impresses me with its honesty and performance. I can count on one hand the items I regularly use up and repurchse - those gems are few and far between. Call me picky - I just can't vouch for this stuff. Glad it works for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am totally not the target skin for this product and only sampled. I am writing this because it surprised me. I tried it because i have combo skin and wanted a light moisturizer for days I am breaking out. I get red and clogged. It helps with that. I am not oily at all, but oils clog me and they are in most moisturizers. So, I have been looking at oil free moisturizers. This is not hydrating enough for me (but it shouldn't be). It was softening and a bit clearing. Wasn't irritating. Has a velvety feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Lorel1

Sensitive skin here! This irritated my skin!!!! Liked the texture & how well it absorbed into the skin, but can't tolerate the irritation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this but there is no denying that it smells of onions.

But obviously once it has all been absorbed the smell is not noticeable!!

Keeps skin nicely hydrated when work under my foundation, even in the middle of winter! Great antioxidants and skin care benefits. Skin feels nourished.

Product lasts forever.