December 19, 2014 | 996 users online

Blush - Bare Escentuals - Blush in Golden Gate

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Golden gate is a really pretty peachy-pink color (Which I have a ton of but this one leans more peach and is extremely pigmented). Because it's so pigmented, you must use a light hand. I learned this the hard way. I'm really heavy handed when it comes to blush, but when I use a light hand with Golden Gate it comes out really pretty and glowy. It photographs beautifully. Golden gate looks better when I'm somewhat tan. I hate the packaging as I feel I lose a lot of product. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't reach for this color enough, and it lasts for forever. With my super pale during the winter it's hard to get it to work for me, but it's a good summer color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Found this on a makeup tutorial on thesmallthingsblog.com. Would have never tried it otherwise because I disliked the BE foundation. This is a beautiful color. It's taken some practice to get the hang of applying the right amount, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect color!!! Never streaky.... lasts for quite sometime without me ever having to re-apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

The color of this blush is very nice for my complexion and I purchased this from Sephora immediately after I swiped a bit of the powder on my wrist. You can build up the color or just apply a small amount of it on your cheeks to get a lighter effect. It's one of those blush colors that suits for everyday use because it looks so natural on you. I've read some reviews saying that it made them break out or itch because there's bismuth in it. I was aware of it, but since I have really dry skin and rarely break out, it did not affect my skin. I've used it for a couple months now and it doesn't hurt my dry, sensitive skin. I like the packaging because you have a plastic twist (don't know how to explain it) where you can block and unblock the opening of the holes so when you travel, the powder doesn't get spilled. However, I'm hoping that Bare Escentuals would make a baked form of this product (like the MAC mineralize blush packaging) because pouring out the powder to apply can be a bit messy sometimes. Maybe I'm clumsy, but I like a quick application in the morning so to tap the powder out onto the lid can be a bit messy for someone like me. It's a shimmery product, but it's not super noticeable on your cheeks....maybe when you're out in the sun. It is a bit pricey ($18), but I think it's a good investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product about six or seven months ago at Ulta. I had been using my moms blush which had way to much color in it for my age. They recommended this product to me and tried it on my skin. I loved it right then. I have olive skin and get very dark in the summer time. This color is a little light for my skin when I am tan but it still gives me just the pop of color that I want in my cheeks. The nice thing about this color is you can built it on to make it more intense. I just ran out of this product and will definitely be purchasing it again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

I really like this blush, the shade is light yet noticeable and you can build it on if you want more color. It lasts all day and doesn't look artificial.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by HereKittyKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'd heard great things about this color and heard that it flattered almost anyone. I already had True and Glee, but I thought I'd try another BE blush.

Meh. It's nothing special. I feel like I have to use a lighter hand with it than my other blushes or it makes me look really ruddy. I wear Fairly Light in BE makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty peachy pink, and it suits my pale complexion very well. I use a light hand, but I find that it's very blendable and buildable and I've never found that I look "overdone" with this. It's lovely, and I will buy it again when I run out, which won't be any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by mz_simmonz

Normally I research like crazy before I ever buy a product but with Golden Gate I literally just plucked it out of a million other blushes at Sephora, applied it, and bought it a minute later and never looked back!

It's pretty much fool-proof, I've never had the feeling I over-applied as it is very blendable, you don't need a super expensive brush, any decent brush works with this high-quality product.

This can be layered so you can make it dark enough to work as a contour but light enough if you only use one layer so it can be applied as a blush to the apples of your cheeks. Also looks pretty with shimmer/highlighting powder, it's super versatile.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't quite look right on me on my "pale days", instead of brightening my face up on my bad skin days, it just looks out of place and harsh, so I concluded that it only looks nice when you have a good base to work with, it adds to your overall look, it's not a fixer upper. Overall, a great blush, one of my fave BE products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Allyxx

Golden gate is one of those blushes that would compliment a lot of skin tones. It is a really pretty pink/apricot warm kind of blush. It has enough earthy tones to it that makes it blend well with bronzers and gives an effortless flush of colour to the cheeks. Very natural and it also has great pigmentation. It also stays on a LONG time and in my opinion BE is probablly the only mineral makeup company that makes a quality blush that STAYS put and does not oxidise into some strange orangey streaky colour. I am a blush person and own loads n loads of blushes and BE ones are probablly up there with NARS in terms of staying power. I would highly recommend this blush even though the price is a bit steep...you will only use a tiny bit and it will last. It has a very finely milled luminousity to it when applied...but there are NO signs of shimer/glitter. Just a pretty glow which is how your cheeks are meant to look...