July 31, 2014 | 2018 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Creme Douceur

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Considering I have oily skin, I have no idea what enticed me to buy this cream-to-oil cleanser. BUt I'm glad I tried it. It's extremely luxurious and unlike any product I haev ever tried before. It says to apply and massage into dry skin. The feeling is really bizarre because it really feels like oil. But after you emulsify with water, it lathers up and leaves your skin feeling so nouraished without feeling oily. It really does dissolve my face make up. I follow with my normal cleanser but this product is really worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This was another sample I got from Lancome and if not for the sample would have never tried it. Came in a large sized sample tube and it only takes a nickel size to clean my face so a good deal.

Pros: 1. lightly scented so a plus for them. 2. emulisifies on the skin and breaks down all of your makeup so easily with so little effort. Add a little water and you are done. I rinse and then wash with another cleanser. I have no need for a washcloth or a wipe so I consider that a definite plus for the environment.

Cons: Higher priced than drugstore but see Pros. And Lancome gives sample tubes all of the time. Win/win.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Creme Douceur in 2009 when it had just come out.
Although it is a wonderful product, I find a few faults with it.
First, it is very expensive for the amount you get (125 ml/4.2 fl. oz.) Second, you need a lot to thoroughly get a full face of makeup off. Third, I would much prefer a pump bottle, having to flip the lid and squeeze it out is too much work for me when I am in the bath!
Other than that, this is a great, pampering product, and if they gave more product for what you pay, I would most certainly buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My most expensive makeup indulgence, I love this $35 cleanser. It feels like a mini-spa. Yes, it's crazy expensive, but I'm hooked. Total luxury, and it cleans my face very well, very gently but thoroughly. Love this product. HG all the way

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad makeup remover but I find I still need a washcloth to remove my makeup, just as I do with my current fav, Galatée Confort. For my dry, sensitive skin, the Creme Douceur and the Galatée Confort work the same and give about the same amount of moisture after cleansing. I see no logical reason to purchase both when the Galatée Confort is doing a great job and ounce per ounce it is cheaper. For those looking for an oil based cleanser and makeup remover, you might want to try the Galatée Confort instead ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by TerracottaSun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a cream to oil m/u remover & works very effectively, only don't follow the directions on the tube, it say's to massage into skin then rinse off, well that proved to be ineffective since afterwards I always use a toner to insure there's no m/u residue left on the pad & I had several pads that were FULL OF foundation. However instead of rinsing, tissue it off (now that really worked)then follow with your regular cleanser, then your toner. Your face will be clean as a whistle. It's a very rich cream to oil, feels very luxurious on & spreads as smoothly as whipped butter. Just be sure to use it the way I suggested & you'll love it too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a great cleanser! I like the texture. It goes on as a cream and then turns into an oil. It is refreshing and it removes makeup well. You can apply it to dry skin, and then it turns to oil when you splash water on your face.