October 24, 2014 | 1008 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Mousse Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl suggests LASHBLAST LENGTH MASCARA as a replacement

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ilovewriting22

This mascara is amazing. The brush is good, the consistency and coverage are great and it's easy to apply. I wear it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara in Very Black 500. Other shades include Black Brown 510, Brown 515, & Black 505. Before I get into the review, I want to state that this mascara has been discontinued (which is why/how I bought mine for $3.50 at Big Lots) & won't be found in stores. If you want to buy it, you have to find it somewhere online. The CoverGirl website states if you wore NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara, then you'll just love LashBlast Volume Mascara. LashBlast is the replacement/alternative for NatureLuxe.

To start with, a lot of people are mistakenly under the impression that this is "clean" or natural mascara because it contains water & beeswax. It is not by any means natural. "Naturelux," unfortunately, means nothing. The fact that the tube is green & has that environmentally friendly look means nothing. It still has a lot of the same ingredients that other mascaras do & it's still possible to have an allergic or adverse reaction. Anyone with sensitive eyes like me has the right to know that this is not natural mascara. It's MORE natural than most others & there are FEWER chemicals, but there are chemicals nonetheless. I think this is good everyday mascara & if you aren't looking for drama. If you're a diva in everyday life, this isn't for you. It's perfect mascara for minimalist makeup. My lashes are natural-looking & though already naturally long, lengthened further by this mascara.

With the brush having short bristles that separate my lashes nicely, the light & thin wax is easy to apply & remove at the end of the day. My lashes don't get spidery or clumpy when I wear this. If you experience clumping, you probably built up way too much & tried to get your lashes super thick with this mascaraŚnot a good idea. This product is great if you're looking for length, not volume. If you want thickness, wear mascara on top of this or choose another one altogether. Not that my recommendation matters because this isn't carried in stores anymore, but I would have recommended this if you don't care about the fact it was overpriced.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was an OK mascara. I felt like it flaked though and it didn't do any volumizing or lengthening. All it did was color my lashes. Disappointed. Truly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara.
    i swear i hated it at first. i wanted to throw it away because of how sticky and wet the formula was (despite the gel formula). it never dried and smuged everywhere so i just chucked it into my drawer to never be used. till i gave it a second chance months after (hhaha...)
    and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! it seprates, volumizes a biit, and lengthens. lashes feel soft and look really naturally long, love it. Holds my curl well but not amazing
    however the only con i have is that i have the non waterproof and it gives me a bit of panda eyes :( dang it!
    still love it!

*note i have kinda long lashes but theyre thin...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Mdens8312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesn't do anything special. Last a long time and it takes a while to dry, really light and doesn't weigh down lashes. It's not bad or good

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by piczohun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the second mascara I ever used and I found it to be a step up from my Revlon one. I was around the age of 12 when I I got this and I found it to be perfect for people of that age. It doesn't add much to the lashes. It definitely is natural looking and adds a bit of life to them, but I would only recommend this to younger people. It's not heavy at all and it lasted me a long time. I won't repurchase it because I'm looking for length and volume and this just doesn't have it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by anjames16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this mascara to me is the best , i wear it all the time before school and it lasts and i just love the color black brown. also this product has a very nice smell to it , but i always put on my waterproof elf mascara to just add on with this mascara. but overall i love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on sale for 3$ at Kmart, and was pretty excited to try it! I like the idea of this mascara but I don't like the way it looks, it has a nice formula and brush but it doesn't look nice at all

Pro's:
    I like the packaging
    Nice formula
    doesn't flake

Cons:
    Doesn't hold a curl
    Makes my lash's look spidery

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is nothing special. It gives a fairly natural look, though for some reason I find that the finish does not look natural (it may be too glossy for my tastes). I have two complaints about it. The first is that it takes forever to dry, so I have to be careful that I don't let my lashes touch the skin above my eye, or it transfers. In addition, I find that the design of the brush causes me to get mascara on my lid more than most brushes. I do like the packaging, that Cover Girl is trying to use more natural ingredients, and that it does not flake, but overall I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to be honest. At first, I hated this mascara and instantly threw it aside but I recently picked it up again and wow I have no idea what I was thinking. This mascara is awesome and I don't know why I ever threw it aside in the first place. It makes my lashes look beautiful and doesn't seem to clump much for me. I never do my bottom lashes with mascara but I do with this mascara because I find it works extremely well. Definitely recommend this mascara!