Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude

3.5

This is an ideal year 'round perfume and one of my favourites. The soft musk and sandalwood give it a subtle depth for winter, and the coconut and floral (bergamot features) make it bright enough for spring/summer, too The dry-down is a fresh, powerdery but warm, 'your skin but better' scent. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who likes their EDP with a rich sillage, as it's not a perfume that screams its presence, yet I do find this lingers for days on t-shirts and lingerie and lasts mid afternoon (about 6 hours) before needing a top-up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Honeyed coconut and baby powder on me. Poor longevity, sub par sillage, behaves like a skinscent. Reminds me a bit of Bronze Goddess, which I have and which I find is a better, more dynamic, longer lasting performer. And that's not saying much as I don't love BG, either.
Delicate, safe, and to me, boring. Not an ugly scent by any means, but I'm not impressed.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Big disappointment. Two things I didn't like about this fragrance:

First, it smells like a whole bunch of other fragrances. I mean a WHOLE bunch. Check one ingredient from column A, one from column B, etc.

Second, and more specifically, many people think that there's a certain off-putting "something" about Avon fragrances. I can see where they get that, and I'll raise it: there's a certain off-putting "something," to me, in certain Lauder fragrances - specifically White Linen, Cinnabar, Youth Dew, and - yup - this one. I don't know what it is but it's an unpleasant, underlying sharpness; another reviewer mentioned cat pee, and while I won't quite go there (although I won't argue with that), whatever this ingredient is just detracts from the specific blend of the scent.

I SO wanted to like this because I could wear the original "Sensuous" every day for the rest of my life and die happy and I had hopes for a skin version of that, not that I'd need it under those circumstances! But this one, no. Not at all.

Lovely creamy musk scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Spritzing this into the air, this smells, as the name says ~ Sensuous. The SA said, "I'm wearing Senuous Nude." Too bad this didn't work with my body chemistry the same as it did with the SA's.

Applied to my wrists, and the sandalwood and amber made a soft appearance on my skin. However, dry down turned into a bitter, almost cat pee like aroma.

Rating this with three lippies, because with the right body chemistry for this fragrance, Sensuous Nude will smell as soft and lovely on the person as it does when spritzed into the air.

A lovely fragrance which seems to change with the weather, been sweet and fresh on a warm day and warm with sandalwood on a cool day.
Sensuous Nude is suitable for anytime, all ages, all seasons and to any occasion.
Its mood lifting, smooth and comforting.
Sensuous Nude is well tolerated by others who happen to catch a whiff while you're in their close proximity. I don't like the name of this fragrance so have sand papered it off the bottle.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I keep coming back to this fragrance. Its perfect for the summer and its also great all year long, day or night. the first notes that hit you are soft warm woods and a spritz of citrus. Then its all floral from there, mostly rose and white flowers. I also can smell powder notes. The coconut notes, to my nose, are quite faint. This is a categorized as a warm/summer/beach perfume, but it's not an in-your-face beach/summer perfume. It is like, you can see or smell the the coast/beach, but it's far away; a touch of the beach or a memory. I dont like the staying power, it lacks for an EDP. Layered with lotion will give you some more time. It is also not your cheapest perfume.The largest size was If I can recall, $112USD in Frankfurt airport. I dont like the cap of this either it's hard to come off; Every time I want to open it I think I will rip the nozzle off as well. This is my favorite from the Sensuous perfumes. Beautiful, soft, warm, and touch of sand&sun.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this fragrance so much and I had no idea I would even like it. It's got a different feel to it than most deep fragrances from the brand. It's very tropical but its sensual at the same time. It's one of those unique fragrances that I have not smelled before.

It comes off on me in coconut, vanilla, sandalwood, gardenia, and a slight bergamont scent. I smell a tinge of honey. It's so nice and does give me the impression of something beachy but not. Like a subtle sexy beach, a nude beach! HA! Anyway, I love this fragrance and like it more than the original.

Top notes: Bergamont, mandarin orange, pepper, and pink pepper.
Middle Notes: Musk, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Coconut, and White honey
Base Notes: Amber, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Blonde Woods, and Heliotrope.

A lovely fragrance. However, am I the only one who thinks that when the powdery part kicks in that it smells like a baby wipe? I'm almost afraid to wear this because I don't want to smell like a baby's clean bottom.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Slightly soapy, clean floral musk. Actually really lovely.

Popular Fragrances